Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB 2.1.2

Anyone tried it out yet? I can't until tomorrow, just curious.

Comments

• Just ran a super quick test of xynthisizr and sunrizer, through crystalline to speaker; then dm-1 and sunrizer into loopy. All good. Didn't explore new features.

• So, question about the input gain. This should allow you to increase or decrease the output from an instrument app, but if the output is still too high within the app, won't clipping or other issues still be present by the time it gets to the AudioBus chain?

• I tried to control the volume of Mitosynth via AB input gain while running into Loopy but cant move the bar at all. Are there further adjustments to be done?

• Just ran a quick test running a guitar in through a Focusrite iTrack. No difference with Use measurement mode on or off. Unable to move the gain slider. I suspect this is only for the iPad built-in mic.

• @TedBPhx said:

Just ran a quick test running a guitar in through a Focusrite iTrack. No difference with Use measurement mode on or off. Unable to move the gain slider. I suspect this is only for the iPad built-in mic.

Ohhhh, so it would work for audio jack inputs too? That would make sense. One of the things I want to try is doing a line in with a Vox headphone guitar amp and seeing how that sounds - this may help tame that.

• Try it! Let us know.