Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GarageBand to loopy pro - harvesting samples

What would be the best way to sample GarageBand into Loopy pro. Do I have to insert auv3 on each channel I want to sample? No bus send from GB?

Comments

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    What would be the best way to sample GarageBand into Loopy pro. Do I have to insert auv3 on each channel I want to sample? No bus send from GB?

As far as I know, there is still no master track to which AU can be added in GB. I think you’d have to use a loopback set up to record the master into loopy.

You might be able to use the Bus Send AU that comes with ApeMatrix to direct audio from one GB track to another and set up a dummy track to receive all sends. But I haven’t tried it.

• I couldn’t set Auv3 effects on the master. Maybe there’s a way to enable it or Apple are real bunch of shitheads not giving a fuck. Of course 😱🤮🤑🤢🥴

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    I couldn’t set Auv3 effects on the master. Maybe there’s a way to enable it or Apple are real bunch of shitheads not giving a fuck. Of course 😱🤮🤑🤢🥴

Or it’s a free app that is amazingly good but not meant to have every bell and whistle and whose target audience doesn’t mostly care about master tracks.

• I guess so. If only they would listen. They don’t care

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If you got a Mac at hand dump the files from there to the iPhone/iPad...

• For a free app, it is amazingly good. It isn’t intended as a pro DAW. Lots of people are able to pick it up and start making some music…even if they’ve not made music before.

I can’t think of another free app as deep as it is. A lot of people are happily making music with it that otherwise wouldn’t have made music.

It is also super quick for knocking out a quick demo.

It’s pretty amazing for what it is. It isn’t what I generally use, but that doesn’t make it any less impressive. I’m not it’s audience.

• @espiegel123 said:
    For a free app, it is amazingly good. It isn’t intended as a pro DAW. Lots of people are able to pick it up and start making some music…even if they’ve not made music before.

I can’t think of another free app as deep as it is. A lot of people are happily making music with it that otherwise wouldn’t have made music.

It’s pretty amazing for what it is. It isn’t what I generally use, but that doesn’t make it any less impressive. I’m not it’s audience.

100%

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz : what exactly are you needing to extract? If you give a bit more context of the particulars of the workflow there may be a solution other than having Loopy on the master bus.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Tamir_Raz_Mataz : what exactly are you needing to extract? If you give a bit more context of the particulars of the workflow there may be a solution other than having Loopy on the master bus.

I made few loops on “session” view.
    I want to “transfer” it to loopy pro.
    I would need to record into arrangements and then merge each channel and then export the project.

• how many tracks? how many clips are you needing to create? are you wanting stems of each different instrument?

• I just did a quick test and the Mixer Send AUv3 that is included with ApeMatrix can be used along with a dummy track that is used to receive audio from all the other tracks.

Setup:

• add Mixer Send Receive as the last effect on every track you want to capture. choose a different bus destination for each track
    • add a microphone track of the desired length and record silence. this is our dummy track
    • add mixer send receive to this track. it will be used to receive audio fro the other tracks
    • add loopy pro AU as the last effect

For each track you want to capture, open the mixer send AU and set it to the bus you want to record. You can capture that audio in Loopy.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I just did a quick test and the Mixer Send AUv3 that is included with ApeMatrix can be used along with a dummy track that is used to receive audio from all the other tracks.

Thank you.

• @ehehehe said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    I couldn’t set Auv3 effects on the master. Maybe there’s a way to enable it or Apple are real bunch of shitheads not giving a fuck. Of course 😱🤮🤑🤢🥴

Or it’s a free app that is amazingly good but not meant to have every bell and whistle and whose target audience doesn’t mostly care about master tracks.

Amazingly good? That overanimated, slow UI is the worst piece of software since iTunes for windows. Too bad, since there's alot of quality audio content in there. Problem is lack of parameters which makes it sound way too current, boring and generic. I'm amazed how terrible it is compared to imovie, pages and their other bundled offerings. Clearly neutered by design to avoid consolidating of two different customer groups. Wanna go pro audio with logic? Then the keyboard needs to be permanently connected in a clamshell design, making something inbetween users could get by with only one device.

It’s very good for what it is. If you bounce out stems using Enso or similar au apps you can accomplish a lot.

• edited April 2022

I just noticed that some (not all) of Garageband's sampled instruments (the strings and bass guitar are ones where I saw this) don't like the Mixer Send Receive plugin (I am guessing there is some sort of sample rate thing going on) in which case you have to merge those tracks (which turns them into audio tracks) to use Mixer Send Receive. It is probably quicker if you have those instruments to just load an instance of Loopy Pro into the effects channel.

If you save the project, it is pretty quick to load it, sample, save the project, remove the Loopy instance and then load the project in any other tracks that don't play nice with Mixer Send Receive.

• @espiegel123 said:
    For a free app, it is amazingly good. It isn’t intended as a pro DAW. Lots of people are able to pick it up and start making some music…even if they’ve not made music before.

Nailed it! My kids figured it out very quickly and still use it for musicking even though they could have graduated to something more “professional” (whatever that means).