Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Simple arithmetic operations in AUv3 workflow ?

Hello,

I am wondering how I could conduct basic arithmetic operations on a stereo signal in an AUv3 workflow (to process « live »).
For example, let’s say I have an incoming stereo signal L/R.
Then I want to insert it in a AUv3 FX such that the output will be :

L’ = -20%R
R’ = -80%L

So basically the possible operations boil down to :

• channel swapping
  • negative gain

Do you have ideas of a plugging doing this in an easy way ? Or maybe it is feasible « natively » in hosts like AUM or ApeMatrix ?

Thanks a lot !

Comments

• AUM has some of this capability via built-in operators.

• The splitter module in NuRack has a L+R split option, so combine that with a mixer module and use the pan and gain controls to get your desired output.

• Thanks all for your feedbacks !
    AUM seems to be the simplest solution. Just missing the mono to stereo conversion.
    Nurack - though nice - seems a bit overkill for these basic operations 😅
    Haha Drambo… 😆 Ok, I think I will have to buy this one soon anyway (just for the pleasure to reply « Drambo » to any future question).
    Cheers !