Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Simultaneously play MP3 backing tracks AND Ravenscroft piano on iPad Air 2 ??

I have severe noobness.
I have backing tracks in MP3 format. I also have a nice sounding Ravenscroft 278 piano app I can play on my iPad Air 2.
I want to be able to start playback of an MP3 backing track in some MP3 playback app on my iPad and then play along with it on my piano app.
How do I do this ?

Bob

Comments

• @bcarwell said:
    I have severe noobness.
    I have backing tracks in MP3 format. I also have a nice sounding Ravenscroft 278 piano app I can play on my iPad Air 2.
    I want to be able to start playback of an MP3 backing track in some MP3 playback app on my iPad and then play along with it on my piano app.
    How do I do this ?

Bob

Hi,

For this task, my bet would be with AUM.

Open channel 1
    INPUT: MP3
    OUTPUT: BUS A

Open channel 2:
    Input: Ravenscoft
    Output: Bus A

Open channel 3:
    Input: Receive form Bus A
    Output: Headphone or speaker.

• Many thanks ! It looks like this is exactly what I needed. Now I just need to read up on AUM.

Thanks again,

Bob

• @bcarwell said:
    Many thanks ! It looks like this is exactly what I needed. Now I just need to read up on AUM.

Thanks again,

Bob

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/aum-audio-mixer/id1055636344

If you like making music with your iPad, it's a must.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.