Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Completely off topic: who uses flickr, is Pro worth it in 2022?

I know many of us are photogs here, but I don’t know who of us are also on flickr. I’ve been on flickr for a very long time, not the first year it was open, but quite close to that.

I’ve had pro subscription years, and I’ve had free account years, over the time.

I stopped being Pro about the time of the yahoo account nonsense and smugmug buyout, and I’ve been free account now for a very long time. I’ve got thousands of photos up there, but I can’t post any more since a few years ago because of the limit they imposed. Since a few months ago I’ve been wondering if I should revive my presence there rather than it being a graveyard for my old stuff.

I was thinking about whether a pro account — which is by now very very expensive — is the way, or if any people here already on flickr with pro accounts would warn me against it (maybe flickr is heading downhill in your opinion?) maybe I should forget it altogether.

I was about to pay up for the pro account a day or so ago then coincidentally I received an email from flickr that sounded like they were bullying me into going pro or they’ll threaten to delete everything over quota like they said they were going to do years ago but never did.

I didn’t like the arrogant bullying tone of the email, but, I still think I might revive my old flickr presence. What do you think (where you = you have a flickr account, free or pro).

Comments

• I appreciate all the responses to this topic, and I thought I’d let you all know, I did go for the upgrade back to Pro in the end – I’ve decided to actually use my Flickr a lot more in the forthcoming future – particularly the groups side of things. If anyone else on Flickr fancies a chat about things about photog, I’m there as Ian Tindale.

• I've been on Flickr since there were just a couple of hundred users in a closed beta, I can't bring myself to shut the account down but I don't really use it any more. It makes me really sad that successive owners have utterly failed at making it relevant again. The iOS app could be so much more by being much less, it should have focussed on the community side - the interactions you want to actually have on your mobile device.