Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nurack and Tonestack Pro

Looking for opinions on how they compare on synths and as casual “mastering” tools on a host like AUM or apeMatrix. Asking since TS is marked way down today..and where I live, every hour is amateur hour and funds are limited. They both look really cool to me.thanks everyone and much respect for all the patiently explained expertise here.

Comments

• edited April 2022

I don't have NuRack as I already have dRambo though
    I do have Tonestack Pro which I use all the time,
    it broadens the palette so to speak.
    As a Mastering tool?
    I haven't tried it yet as I have other tools for the task but it could be done.

• For the cost of a couple of cups of coffee, either one are a great deal at the current prices.

• True! Drinking instant coffee. Easy to lose perspective. Fortunate to have an ipad and all these amazing options. An embarrassment of riches. My questions tend to be pretty trivial, but I guess I really just wanted to know if one stands out as a better option for fx on synths and with limiters, compressors, etc to get a better sounding final product outside a traditional daw.

• I don’t play guitar or keyboard or anything

• @myapologies
    I would suggest getting BYOD as it also has an amazing
    array of effects alongside getting NuRack and/or Tonestack Pro.

• I honestly never considered Tonestack for mastering. It’s forte is at emulating guitar specific FX. I don’t know if anyone doing mastering using hardware FX pedals, so … using emulated guitar FX pedals? 🤷‍♂️

Nurack’s FX are closer to what I would consider usual sound channel strip and mastering tools.

You may want to take a look at the free version of Mixbox CS Just for perspective.

• @wim said:
    I honestly never considered Tonestack for mastering. It’s forte is at emulating guitar specific FX. I don’t know if anyone doing mastering using hardware FX pedals, so … using emulated guitar FX pedals? 🤷‍♂️

Nurack’s FX are closer to what I would consider usual sound channel strip and mastering tools.

You may want to take a look at the free version of Mixbox CS Just for perspective.

In the filter section there is,

TStudio Eq, Hex Eq, Graphic Eq and Studio Eq.

and in the dynamics section there is TStudio Compressor,
    TStudio Expander, VC-93B Compressor and Studio Compressor.

and in the reverb section there is,
    TStudio Delay, TStudio Reverb, Auraverb, Plate Reverb T-150 and Big Be-Verb dlx.

and to get parallel processing done use the ABY utility.

These "UNITS', are modelled after studio gear rather than guitar fx.

• @Gravitas
    Thanks for that useful info. You are inspiring me to try to be more productive
    @wim
    Cool. That makes sense. I need perspective. Thanks for the helpful reply. I appreciate it.
    @NeuM
    Apart from chugging the instant brew, apps and delusions of musical grandeur are sort of my last remaining vices. Having experienced some losses and kicked a few habits in the past couple years, will take your words to heart and try to chill so I can enjoy this one more. Thank you

Not getting much smarter fast but maybe turning into a bigger nerd since have truly grown to enjoy reading these discussions/comparisons/teachings by the people on here who know what they’re talking about and even some who might not. Didn’t even know about how to tag when I started using this vast resource. Hope going off the rails like this isn’t bad form on my part, but don’t really care. Catching up. Just a few:
    @HotStrange
    kind and helpful without fail
    @Samu
    Operating on higher planes
    @LinearLineman
    Prolific hero
    @sinosoidal and @sonosaurus
    You guys are so cool. Thank you for including me in your work even though I am green and a poor tester, programmed in life not to give anything that feels like negative feedback. I am in awe of what you do kind of like nba basketball stars when I was a kid
    @AntoninCharvat and @jon_bell
    Brilliant, always helpful, down-to-earth. Helping people like me learn about and make music. Did the aliens show you their tech?
    @Michael
    Thank you for keeping it all going. I think too easy to take Audiobus and your role in this for granted. And then Loopy Pro and who knows what else on top of all that

I can only imagine the combination of making the apps, constantly fielding criticism/fixing and updating them, dealing w/apple, and living must at times be very stressful. Thank you for bringing me much joy recently during a challenging phase in my life

• @Gravitas
    That’s sick. Thanks again for the support. Glad I listened and snagged TS at a most opportune time

• Thanks for the shoutout. I use very few fx, but actually employing them a bit more these days. I use MixBox a bit. ToneStack for .99? How can you go wrong (well, I bought it for a buck a while ago and still haven’t used it… still Yonac is a great dev to offer his hard work up for peanuts) Buy Magellan2, KASPAR, Galileo2, Kauldron. All great!

• @myapologies said:
    @Gravitas
    That’s sick. Thanks again for the support. Glad I listened and snagged TS at a most opportune time

No problem.

Enjoy.

• @myapologies said:
    Brilliant, always helpful, down-to-earth. Helping people like me learn about and make music. Did the aliens show you their tech?

Not sure how exactly have I helped you, but I'm happy for that! Have fun! :)

• @myapologies said:
    @Gravitas
    Thanks for that useful info. You are inspiring me to try to be more productive
    @wim
    Cool. That makes sense. I need perspective. Thanks for the helpful reply. I appreciate it.
    @NeuM
    Apart from chugging the instant brew, apps and delusions of musical grandeur are sort of my last remaining vices. Having experienced some losses and kicked a few habits in the past couple years, will take your words to heart and try to chill so I can enjoy this one more. Thank you

Not getting much smarter fast but maybe turning into a bigger nerd since have truly grown to enjoy reading these discussions/comparisons/teachings by the people on here who know what they’re talking about and even some who might not. Didn’t even know about how to tag when I started using this vast resource. Hope going off the rails like this isn’t bad form on my part, but don’t really care. Catching up. Just a few:
    @HotStrange
    kind and helpful without fail
    @Samu
    Operating on higher planes
    @LinearLineman
    Prolific hero
    @sinosoidal and @sonosaurus
    You guys are so cool. Thank you for including me in your work even though I am green and a poor tester, programmed in life not to give anything that feels like negative feedback. I am in awe of what you do kind of like nba basketball stars when I was a kid
    @AntoninCharvat and @jon_bell
    @Michael
    Thank you for keeping it all going. I think too easy to take Audiobus and your role in this for granted. And then Loopy Pro and who knows what else on top of all that

I can only imagine the combination of making the apps, constantly fielding criticism/fixing and updating them, dealing w/apple, and living must at times be very stressful. Thank you for bringing me much joy recently during a challenging phase in my life

Thanks for the shout out, glad I could help!

• What is Mixbox current IAP price? I bought it pre IAP.

• wimwim
    edited April 2022
    • Base app: Free
    • Upgrade to full: $79.99 in the US App Store