Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PaulXStretch - Extreme Time Stretching

167891012»

Comments

• @the_web_stuff said:

@bleep said:
    ... and his follow-up using Bach, also beautiful, with more movement.

Thanks for sharing these @bleep, they are fantastic. Does anyone know which settings in PaulX would be used to emulate this kind of thing? I’ve been pushing knobs around and getting cool stuff but these are so clean.

In my experience, the settings needed depend on the source material…some sources work better than others. As you experiment, you’ll get a feel for what the parameters do…don’t change too many at once.

• @Gavinski said:
    Probably the key would be to play with as few of the sliders as possible. This sounds to me like the person has just played with the speed a little, that usually keeps things clean. Don't change speed during performance, just set and forget. Don't touch the fft slider, or maybe increase it, definitely don't reduce it. If using harmonics, probably set a low root and a large number of harmonics. Maybe play with ratios and filter or maybe not. Those would be my guesses.

This is exactly what I was looking for

@espiegel123 said:
    In my experience, the settings needed depend on the source material…some sources work better than others. As you experiment, you’ll get a feel for what the parameters do…don’t change too many at once.

and this is exactly what I didn’t know I needed to know.

You guys are the best.

• edited December 2022

@the_web_stuff said:

@bleep said:
    ... and his follow-up using Bach, also beautiful, with more movement.

Thanks for sharing these @bleep, they are fantastic. Does anyone know which settings in PaulX would be used to emulate this kind of thing? I’ve been pushing knobs around and getting cool stuff but these are so clean.

Stretch 8.0, FFT size 0.6, all boxes turned off, keep it simple:) Try with different recordings of the same Bach concert, that has quite an impact.

• Hi everybody,
    does anyone use the desktop version? I'm trying to render a file from an instance of PXS loaded as insert but I always get an empty file; if I use the Cubase "render in place" function all it's ok...
    I wish I could understand...
    Thank you,
    Art

• tried standalone+au+vst3. cant reproduce -Live11.2.6+Live11.2.10b1- @arfo62

• This forum is magic! :) Just after writing I tried and I had the render... I had to deactivate a couple of functions in settings... (see attached pic)

• @cazel said:
    tried standalone+au+vst3. cant reproduce -Live11.2.6+Live11.2.10b1- @arfo62

Hi @cazel,
    you can't reproduce the issue?
    I solved, anyway, as you can read (I wrote before reading your reply); my problem was when using PXS as insert, now I think it's ok.
    Thank you for answering!

• Congrats on the final release, and thanks for the glorious gift to the community. Seems the 'done' thing is to buy YaleD by way of thanks. Not sure I'll be able to suffer through an app that seemingly does reverse-delay incredibly well. But I'm not one to avoid doing my duty ;)

• @el_bo said:
    Congrats on the final release, and thanks for the glorious gift to the community. Seems the 'done' thing is to buy YaleD by way of thanks. Not sure I'll be able to suffer through an app that seemingly does reverse-delay incredibly well. But I'm not one to avoid doing my duty ;)

Reverse delay with alternating reverse and regular repeats as an option. Even more suffering for you.

• @MFBT said:

@el_bo said:
    Congrats on the final release, and thanks for the glorious gift to the community. Seems the 'done' thing is to buy YaleD by way of thanks. Not sure I'll be able to suffer through an app that seemingly does reverse-delay incredibly well. But I'm not one to avoid doing my duty ;)

Reverse delay with alternating reverse and regular repeats as an option. Even more suffering for you.

Oh, the HORROR!

Well, I've bought it. But I'm wary of opening it now ;)

• edited December 2022

@sonosaurus I was forgetting: I gave five stars on App Store! 👍🏻
    p.s. and wrote a few words…

• @sonosaurus would you consider maybe having 2 volume sliders: one for dry signal, one for wet?

• @Gavinski said:
    @sonosaurus would you consider maybe having 2 volume sliders: one for dry signal, one for wet?

Good idea, thanks!

• Forgive me if this has already been asked, but can PaulXStretch be configured to process live audio without having to record it first?

• @jeffry said:
    Forgive me if this has already been asked, but can PaulXStretch be configured to process live audio without having to record it first?

No

• I tried paukxstretch today for the first time in a while. When I record with it, then play back, there is always some kind of noise, pink noise maybe, near the beginning of the recording. Anyone else encountering this? I remember the dev mentioned a workaround for it before but forget what it was. Anyone know that too? Cheers

• @Gavinski said:
    I tried paukxstretch today for the first time in a while. When I record with it, then play back, there is always some kind of noise, pink noise maybe, near the beginning of the recording. Anyone else encountering this? I remember the dev mentioned a workaround for it before but forget what it was. Anyone know that too? Cheers

Is this only when recording or when uploading samples too? In aum or standalone? I’ll try to replicate.

• @HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:
    I tried paukxstretch today for the first time in a while. When I record with it, then play back, there is always some kind of noise, pink noise maybe, near the beginning of the recording. Anyone else encountering this? I remember the dev mentioned a workaround for it before but forget what it was. Anyone know that too? Cheers

Is this only when recording or when uploading samples too? In aum or standalone? I’ll try to replicate.

Thnx! When recording in aum. I have never actually tried uploading a sample, don't think I ever even noticed that it had that feature

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Thnx! When recording in aum. I have never actually tried uploading a sample, don't think I ever even noticed that it had that feature

Cool about to give it a shot now. Will report back in just a min.

• @Gavinski said:

Alright so I just gave it a shot and experienced it once because I didn’t have the mic activated right as I recorded so there was a small millisecond pause before the loop that was filled with some kind of noise.

I tried it 3 more times with other sources but only got the usual noise that results from mangling the sounds in the app lol

Can you post a vid or something so I can see if we’re experiencing the same thing?

• @HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Alright so I just gave it a shot and experienced it once because I didn’t have the mic activated right as I recorded so there was a small millisecond pause before the loop that was filled with some kind of noise.

I tried it 3 more times with other sources but only got the usual noise that results from mangling the sounds in the app lol

Can you post a vid or something so I can see if we’re experiencing the same thing?

Sure, here you are:

Thnx!

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Sure, here you are:

Thnx!

Oooo I see what you’re saying. You mean the pink-ish noise that’s playing over the sample the entire time? I thought you meant at the attack stage there was a loud burst of noise. I think it has something to do with the settings of the sample section. Itself but I’m not sure. I’ve manage to have it not be there before but can’t remember exactly what I did. I’m making dinner now, I’ll mess around more later and see what it happens haha but I’ll report back!

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Sure, here you are:

Thnx!

Did you try to turn off monitoring, maybe it’s Gauss interfering?!

• @Luxthor said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Sure, here you are:

Thnx!

Did you try to turn off monitoring, maybe it’s Gauss interfering?!

I tried it just now and it seems to give the same results regardless. Wonder if adjusting the size of the prebuffer would help? I’m not sure. @sonosaurus any ideas?