Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sampletank updated - but still no Audiobus

edited March 2013 in General App Discussion

Good news - Sampletank has just had an update.
Bad news - it does not yet include Audiobus. Come on guys at Ik, you know we are keen to get this!

Comments

• Give them some time please.

• Yes. Peter from IK Multimedia stated this a week ago on their forum:

"It [AB] is on the list. We will have an update to SampleTank that does not have Audiobus in it and then after that we'll update SampleTank, iLectric Piano, and iGrand Piano too."

• I was going to say I'm pretty sure they publicly said there'd be one update, that was already in the works, before AB was included. Patience

• But no vocalive?? There are a bunch of piano apps already but NO vocal apps on the bus. I would think they'd want to include that as well. I haven't used that app since I bought it awhile back and getting on the bus would help reinvigorate my initial enthusiasm.

• But no vocalive?? There are a bunch of piano apps already but NO vocal apps on the bus. I would think they'd want to include that as well. I haven't used that app since I bought it awhile back and getting on the bus would help reinvigorate my initial enthusiasm.

Yes, I whole heartedly agree. It's the only way I could see that app work its way into my workflow.

As for releasing apps with Audiobus support, IK is probably going to release them in the order of popularity. They've already mentioned on this forum that Amplitube will be the first to have Audiobus support. I'm guessing that Vocalive is not nearly as popular as apps like SampleTank, iGrand, etc. so it could be a bit of a wait for Vocalive. Hope I'm wrong.

• Yes, we've stated this where we can, it is difficult to get information like this to everybody unfortunately. The next update will have Audiobus support, and it would have been very difficult to jam it into this one as there were certain architecture changes being worked on and others that would need to be done if we also added Audiobus. It was the right decision, though not the easiest one (as often is the case).

We would update our apps, with regard to others like VocaLive, but we've also tried to be clear that AmpliTube is first and SampleTank and other instrument apps will be following. When we have more information about VocaLive we will do our best to keep everybody informed.

• Thanks for the info and sorry to sound impatient - just that Sampletank has some great sounds that I am keen to be able to include in the AB workflow. I agree that Vocalive woukd be good too.

• Was getting ready to say the same..Thank you for communicating with us and being open

• @IK: Thank your for posting this information. On another forum somebody from IK said that an Amplitube update would be submitted to Apple last friday, March 1st. Can you confirm that the update has been submitted to Apple?
    Thanks for our time.

• Oh no problem about sounding impatient, I didn't want to imply that at all. I just wanted to let you know that I'm trying to relay the information in as many places as possible but still be a bit less annoying about doing so (kind of a balance :) ).

About AmpliTube's submission, it wasn't last Friday but it was submitted recently. Now I feel I may have jinxed it but barring any issues it should be out soon. Sometimes apps get rejected for odd reasons but I don't foresee anything like that, though one never does foresee those things!

• @IK: great news! Thank you for keeping us informed. Btw OT: those Marshall amps from your Slash app really go well with my Les Paul........

• Thanks, Hitman! Seems he just wrote a take on the Angry Birds Space theme and wrote a lot of it on the road with his secret iOS weapon AmpliTube. We'll have to see if he's getting on the bus while he's on the tour bus once we update AmpliTube to support Audiobus :) In case you are interested, and sorry to continue OT, he talks about it here: http://mashable.com/2013/03/08/angry-birds-slash/