Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elektron Syntakt

Comments

• @NeuM Right, this cutting technique has become more and more common on YT videos. As if every little detail in successful videos would need to be copied by other youtubers 🤷🏼‍♂️

Other trends are long intros with fancy logos not related to the content and repeated hitlikeandsubscribe reminders.

• Followed by the trend of "2 weeks later - why I returned my syntakt"

• @rs2000 said:
    @NeuM Right, this cutting technique has become more and more common on YT videos. As if every little detail in successful videos would need to be copied by other youtubers 🤷🏼‍♂️

Other trends are long intros with fancy logos not related to the content and repeated hitlikeandsubscribe reminders.

Yes, all of those things are just dreadful.

• @NeuM said:

@rs2000 said:
    @NeuM Right, this cutting technique has become more and more common on YT videos. As if every little detail in successful videos would need to be copied by other youtubers 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes, all of those things are just dreadful.

Don’t forget the gurning thumbnails!

• Fwiw i won’t be returning my Syntakt 🤪

• I've started a podcast for my job and we use a software tool that automatically removes gaps. It delivers that robot quality. Not good. I imagine that's what people are doing - lazy video editing using automatic tools to get more content up for those likes comments and subscribes.

Sort of along the lines of the YouTuber de jour, I've assigned myself the job of seeing if my fairly new and unexplored Beatstep Pro sequencing stuff on the iPad (especially FAC Drumkit) can scratch the itch I'd otherwise scratch with Syntakt. I sort of doubt it. The lack of integration between a sequencer like the BSP and the sound source is often the Achilles heel of such solutions for me. No sequencers on the iPad feel the way the Elektron sequencers feel, and that's a huge limitation for using the platform as a drum machine replacement. I have a feeling I'll end up trying the Syntakt and continuing to use the iPad for what (IMO) it's especially great at, visually intuitive sampling.

• @suboptimal said:

No sequencers on the iPad feel the way the Elektron sequencers feel, and that's a huge limitation for using the platform as a drum machine replacement.

I always thought the same, but the new Drambo is pretty close.

• On a scale of AnalogRytm to 10, syntakt is a 6.

• edited May 2022

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    On a scale of AnalogRytm to 10, syntakt is a 6.

Never had an AnalogRytm so i have nothing to compare it to…but i am really enjoying the Syntakt for what it is in my setup…which is Aces 😉

• @echoopera said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    On a scale of AnalogRytm to 10, syntakt is a 6.

Never had an AnalogRytm so i have nothing to compare it to…but i am really enjoying the Syntakt for what it is in my setup…which is Aces 😉

On paper it's amazing. I've been looking to replace my drum machines for gigs. I'm just not a fan of the newer elektron stuff. That being said, sadly, that score of a 6 is one of the higher ranked machines on my short list.

• Isn’t it aways like that 😜

• edited May 2022

@echoopera Ain't that the truth. I'm probably gonna have to put on my big boy balls and give the syntakt an honest go. It might turn out to be the least of all evils.

(and that red/green/black color scheme lookin' like it just came out of The Nightmare Before Christmas is gonna take a hot minute to get used to)

• A little Drambo 2.0+Syntakt vibe from last nights session:

• Really nice.

• Many thanks @ExAsperis99

Here's a variation on what I created yesterday. Using the same Sample library but with a different feel:

• Hello my friend!

This is hands down one of the best tracks/compositions you released yet! Beautiful Melody and selection of instruments! The glitches drums are cherry on top! Wonderful crafted!

@echoopera said:
    Many thanks @ExAsperis99

Here's a variation on what I created yesterday. Using the same Sample library but with a different feel:

• Many thanks @david_2017 truly appreciate the feedback and encouragement 👊🏼™️

• Happy Friday everyone. Thanks for giving the vibe a listen:

• @echoopera said:
    Many thanks @david_2017 truly appreciate the feedback and encouragement 👊🏼™️

How are you getting on with the Syntakt - a couple of months on? I'm chewing over getting one, and interested if you're still a fan, and how you integrate it with the ipad...I noticed you hadn't mentioned it in your last few Soundcloud tunes...

Cheers :)

• edited August 2022

forget it.

• Ooooh new JoggingHouse sound pack for the Syntakt:

• Also very Musical This Box. Jogging House Digitone pack was an amazing addition to the tone 👍🏼 Signature sound.

• edited September 2022

@david_2017 said:
    Also very Musical This Box. Jogging House Digitone pack was an amazing addition to the tone 👍🏼 Signature sound.

Yep. I love his work and so happy to see it here as well.

• I got the Syntakt and absolutely fell in love. It's the single most industrial instrument I've ever had that wasn't a sampler.

It didn't tick all the boxes, it doesn't have the biggest sound variety or portability or easy of use and it's pricy for what it is. But it is so incredibly fun to use, and sounds like a Sega Genesis and DFAM got trapped in a jeff Goldblum brundle fly machine. And that's something I didn't know I needed in my life. Like the sound engines were specifically tailored for me and my obsession with metal, industrial, and sword and sorcery.

I still think the mc-707 is probably the best pound for pound groovebox in terms of raw versatility. The Syntakt isn't perfect, but it's very very capable, and honestly, I'm tired of waiting for the perfect groovebox that doesn't exist. Most important though, the Syntakt makes making music feel like playing a video game. Sound design is fun, not a chore, or a means to an end. It's extremely satisfying to make that alien ship land to adjust the cymbals, or flatten out the slime blob when adjusting the claps. And because of that stuff I make more music on it now than almost anything else. It's not for everyone, but it ended up being 100% for me and I wasn't sure it would be.

@echoopera you kinda inspired me to give it a chance, because you dug it, and you have good taste in gear.

• @GeorgeL909 said:
    I got the Syntakt and absolutely fell in love. It's the single most industrial instrument I've ever had that wasn't a sampler.

It didn't tick all the boxes, it doesn't have the biggest sound variety or portability or easy of use and it's pricy for what it is. But it is so incredibly fun to use, and sounds like a Sega Genesis and DFAM got trapped in a jeff Goldblum brundle fly machine. And that's something I didn't know I needed in my life. Like the sound engines were specifically tailored for me and my obsession with metal, industrial, and sword and sorcery.

I still think the mc-707 is probably the best pound for pound groovebox in terms of raw versatility. The Syntakt isn't perfect, but it's very very capable, and honestly, I'm tired of waiting for the perfect groovebox that doesn't exist. Most important though, the Syntakt makes making music feel like playing a video game. Sound design is fun, not a chore, or a means to an end. It's extremely satisfying to make that alien ship land to adjust the cymbals, or flatten out the slime blob when adjusting the claps. And because of that stuff I make more music on it now than almost anything else. It's not for everyone, but it ended up being 100% for me and I wasn't sure it would be.

@echoopera you kinda inspired me to give it a chance, because you dug it, and you have good taste in gear.

Great assessment. It is definitely a special one of a kind creation from the Swedish Crew.

• I need to stay far away from this thread. Im 🤏 this close to buying the entire trinity (Digitone and Digitakt included). I miss those 2 so bad and the Syntakt is the piece of gear I’m lusting over most these days.

• Do it
    Do it
    Do it

😗

• @echoopera said:
    Do it
    Do it
    Do it

😗

😂 it’s becoming more and more probably every day.

• @HotStrange said:
    I need to stay far away from this thread. Im 🤏 this close to buying the entire trinity (Digitone and Digitakt included). I miss those 2 so bad and the Syntakt is the piece of gear I’m lusting over most these days.

i have inverted issue .. have already digitakt and digitone and this makes my GAS for syntakt horribly big :)))) now trying to sell Analog 4 to fund syntakt

• @dendy said:

@HotStrange said:
    I need to stay far away from this thread. Im 🤏 this close to buying the entire trinity (Digitone and Digitakt included). I miss those 2 so bad and the Syntakt is the piece of gear I’m lusting over most these days.

i have inverted issue .. have already digitakt and digitone and this makes my GAS for syntakt horribly big :)))) now trying to sell Analog 4 to fund syntakt

Oh wow so you’d chose the Syntakt over the A4?