Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elektron Syntakt

Comments

• Dying to hear what you guys do with this, @dendy, @Liquidmantis and @echoopera. And as much as I love the Digitakt as an instrument, I have yet to find a way to incorporate it in my workflow easily; I'm so envious of you guys who do. I want to add it to existing tracks created in AUM, but the sync is tricky unless the DT runs the show.

• edited April 2022

I’m really looking forward to this instrument. From what I’ve been hearing from it it sounds like the perfect combination of machines i would enjoy composing with. I’m a big Elektron fan and love this form factor.

It should be a blast to use. Just got confirmation. Syntakt should be here next week, so expect some postings shortly.

• I'm an existing Elektron owner (Octatrack here) and I'm interested. I have several devices now that can function as sample-playing drum machines, which is ironic because I'd always been more fascinated by drum synths. Syntakt looks interesting as a drum synth/sequencer.

I may pick up one in a few years. Still learning how to use my MC-707, M8 Tracker, and newly acquired PSR-SX600.

• I wonder how many (if not all) of the drum synth in Syntakt can be replicated in Drambo?

• @auxmux said:
    I wonder how many (if not all) of the drum synth in Syntakt can be replicated in Drambo?

ALL of them. No question.
    Most of them you can already find on patchstorage (kick drum, rim shot, snare drum, hihat etc. engines), a lot more physical models available in Drambo's Modal Resonator , one would only have to combine everything into one project.

I think that most ppl lusting after the Syntakt rather love it for the combination of hardware with software than getting something new sound-wise.

• edited April 2022

@rs2000 said:

@auxmux said:
    I wonder how many (if not all) of the drum synth in Syntakt can be replicated in Drambo?

ALL of them. No question.
    Most of them you can already find on patchstorage (kick drum, rim shot, snare drum, hihat etc. engines), a lot more physical models available in Drambo's Modal Resonator , one would only have to combine everything into one project.

I think that most ppl lusting after the Syntakt rather love it for the combination of hardware with software than getting something new sound-wise.

Yeah, agreed, I've been using Drambo a lot lately. So, while Syntakt is a cool iteration, I don't need more hardware to incorporate into my setup. More wires, power sources, midi clock syncing (ugh), etc. GAS free. Drambo covers so much sound and control wise.

• @auxmux said:

After hearing some stuff of the Syntakt and then some jams with Drambo (On YT or my own jams). I got the same thought, probably all possible on Drambo.
    From time to time I got the urge to buy my first Elektron box (never had any hardware for music) but then I realize that I just can’t justify spending so much money only for the tactile experience. But that’s just me and I get that some people feel totally different. Either way I’m always amazed about what beautiful sounds get created on Hardware/Software or both.

• @Nathi94 said:

@auxmux said:

After hearing some stuff of the Syntakt and then some jams with Drambo (On YT or my own jams). I got the same thought, probably all possible on Drambo.
    From time to time I got the urge to buy my first Elektron box (never had any hardware for music) but then I realize that I just can’t justify spending so much money only for the tactile experience. But that’s just me and I get that some people feel totally different. Either way I’m always amazed about what beautiful sounds get created on Hardware/Software or both.

Yeah, totally, I'm actually thinking of selling my mk1 Elektron boxes actually. I get more mileage and enjoyment out of my modular and iOS.

• But everyone is missing the point. Syntakt+Drambo is the dream combo to dominate the sonic universe. :smiley:

Well, that's what I convinced myself to believe as I gave Elektron my money :wink:

• @auxmux said:

@Nathi94 said:

@auxmux said:

Yeah, totally, I'm actually thinking of selling my mk1 Elektron boxes actually. I get more mileage and enjoyment out of my modular and iOS.

I always enjoying to hear what you come up with on Instagram.🙂

• @Nathi94 said:

@auxmux said:

I have a Digitakt which I don’t use much because, like @ExAsperis99 above I haven’t found a way to smoothly integrate it with the iPad apps. Clock issues, blah issues… But I won’t sell it for the simple fact that I admire the device. It’s so bloody cool and fun to tweak. I’d recommend trying it, it’s not only the tactile aspect, it’s an amazing experience.

• @echoopera said:
    But everyone is missing the point. Syntakt+Drambo is the dream combo to dominate the sonic universe. :smiley:

Well, that's what I convinced myself to believe as I gave Elektron my money :wink:

You're one of the people I blame for the unplanned proliferation of hardware grooveboxes in my home.

• @echoopera said:
    But everyone is missing the point. Syntakt+Drambo is the dream combo to dominate the sonic universe. :smiley:

Well, that's what I convinced myself to believe as I SAID THE SAME ABOUT MY NOVATION CIRCUIT, SP404mk2, MPC ONE, etc, ...... :wink:

:p

(its all in good jest....totally guilty of the same thing myself)

• @tahiche said:

@Nathi94 said:

@auxmux said:

I have a Digitakt which I don’t use much because, like @ExAsperis99 above I haven’t found a way to smoothly integrate it with the iPad apps. Clock issues, blah issues… But I won’t sell it for the simple fact that I admire the device. It’s so bloody cool and fun to tweak. I’d recommend trying it, it’s not only the tactile aspect, it’s an amazing experience.

Nailed it in every respect.

• @Nathi94 said:

@auxmux said:

@Nathi94 said:

@auxmux said:

I always enjoying to hear what you come up with on Instagram.🙂

Thank you so much. 😄

• @tahiche said:

@Nathi94 said:

@auxmux said:

The curiosity is definitely still there to try one out. Maybe if someday I find a good deal on the 2nd hand market. Since I don’t have a desktop I would have to figure out how well the connection with a basic iPad would work. My main problem would be to decide which box to get, Sampler or Synthesis (would prefer both like Drambo does). I leaning more towards Synthesis so that leaves me with the Cycles (a bit to basic for me, but the cheapest), Digitone (only 4 tracks) or using Digitakt with Singlecycles waveforms ( but getting Samples into it from the iPad is if im right currently not possible or is it?). Syntakt looks features wise good but too expensive for me. All in all very interesting boxes🙂

• Hmm, wasn't expecting all the analog machines (SY DUAL VCO is very nice in the Rytm).

Looks like some of the digital SY (synth) machines (SY BITS, SY TONE, SY CHORD, SY TOY) are from the Model:Cycles. Not too exciting.

Would like to have seen more digital SY machines, like the DigiPro, SuperWave, and SID from the MnM. At least gives us a few Ensemble machines for chords.

• All this talk about Syntakt made me start missing my Octatrack, so I finally upgraded a MKII version. Due next week, fun!

• edited April 2022

@Tarekith said:
    All this talk about Syntakt made me start missing my Octatrack, so I finally upgraded a MKII version. Due next week, fun!

That must have stung a little bit. They still make a valid tool for you tho. That's how I am about NI. Get over whatever beef I had because Kontakt still just works for me.

(I do wish I could get on with the octa)

• @echoopera Looking forward to seeing what you do with this and the combo with Drambo will be something to behold!

• @Nathi94 said:

@tahiche said:

@Nathi94 said:

@auxmux said:

The curiosity is definitely still there to try one out. Maybe if someday I find a good deal on the 2nd hand market. Since I don’t have a desktop I would have to figure out how well the connection with a basic iPad would work. My main problem would be to decide which box to get, Sampler or Synthesis (would prefer both like Drambo does). I leaning more towards Synthesis so that leaves me with the Cycles (a bit to basic for me, but the cheapest), Digitone (only 4 tracks) or using Digitakt with Singlecycles waveforms ( but getting Samples into it from the iPad is if im right currently not possible or is it?). Syntakt looks features wise good but too expensive for me. All in all very interesting boxes🙂

There’s an app called “transfer” to transfer samples to the DT from the iPad. But I haven’t found it to be very reliable.
    One thing I don’t like about the Digitakt is that there isn’t a “kit” concept, meaning somehow separating sequence data from actual samples to be able to easily switch/save whole kits. I have the same issue with Drambo.

• edited April 2022

@tahiche said:

@Nathi94 said:

@tahiche said:

@Nathi94 said:

@auxmux said:

There’s an app called “transfer” to transfer samples to the DT from the iPad. But I haven’t found it to be very reliable.
    One thing I don’t like about the Digitakt is that there isn’t a “kit” concept, meaning somehow separating sequence data from actual samples to be able to easily switch/save whole kits. I have the same issue with Drambo.

That's what I miss on the Digitakt too.
    At least in Drambo you have presets that work perfectly as kits.

• Uh oh, just watched loopop's video and skimmed through the manual.

Don't remember the last time I felt this bloated.
    The Monomachine is my all-time fave, due to its simplified multi-synthesis, and Syntakt is close. Close enough. I'll hold out to see if Elektron makes a 'Syntone' keyboard though.

• @tahiche said:

@Nathi94 said:

@tahiche said:

@Nathi94 said:

@auxmux said:

Ah ok, yes a Kit concept would be very handy.
    Unfortunately the app “transfer” isn’t available in my country, so I can’t get new sounds onto it without a Desktop I guess. Looks like in my situation a Digitakt wouldn’t be a a good buy and my choices would be Digitone or Model Cycles.

• I will definitely wait for some real musical content of these machines. Wondering if it is rather limited…?!? I may not “get it” yet ;)

• Quick question, sorry for using this thread.
    I found a used Model Cycles for around 220€.
    Would it a be a good first Elektron Box at this price or should I wait for a Digitone?

I know the Cycles sound capabilities aren’t near as on the Digitone but it’s cheaper and I have Drambo :)

• @Nathi94 Model Cycles is, imo, the perfect 1st Elektron box. It's the easiest one to learn Elektron's workflow. That way if you don't like their workflow (which gets more complicated with the more expensive boxes), you won't lose much cash when you sell it. And 220€ seems like a good deal.

• @StudioES said:
    @Nathi94 Model Cycles is, imo, the perfect 1st Elektron box. It's the easiest one to learn Elektron's workflow. That way if you don't like their workflow (which gets more complicated with the more expensive boxes), you won't lose much cash when you sell it. And 220€ seems like a good deal.

That’s what my thought was too. It comes without the original package but all stuff is included and a usb charging cable. I guess like you said not a bad deal that maybe satisfy my urge for hardware. :)

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@Tarekith said:
    All this talk about Syntakt made me start missing my Octatrack, so I finally upgraded a MKII version. Due next week, fun!

That must have stung a little bit. They still make a valid tool for you tho. That's how I am about NI. Get over whatever beef I had because Kontakt still just works for me.

(I do wish I could get on with the octa)

This is actually my second OT after getting burned by Elektron on the first one. Took a few years to get over, but nothing comes close to what the OT can do. I’ll ignore the company and how I was treated and just enjoy the hardware.

• @Tarekith said:
    This is actually my second OT after getting burned by Elektron on the first one. Took a few years to get over, but nothing comes close to what the OT can do. I’ll ignore the company and how I was treated and just enjoy the hardware.

Your OT vid was one of the very first I watched for learning purposes, when I got my OT. Thank you for that.

Elektron is a different company with both Cenk and Ess gone. Some peeps think it's a downgrade, but I have no opinion on that.