Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flux:FX no longer on App Store?

I can’t seem to find it. 😮

Is it showing in purchased for anyone else?

Comments

• I think it went quite some time ago. It hadn’t been updated in years though.

• edited April 2022

@michael_m said:
    I think it went quite some time ago. It hadn’t been updated in years though.

Unfortunately I believe @michael_m is right. If my memory serves it made a brief return but that was short lived as well.

• Damn. I have it on one of my ipads but it was updated to iOS15...

Is there any way to go back iOS versions and keep Flux:FX installed? Or maybe a jailbreak option?

• @BroCoast It should still work on your other ipad. Still working for me on a 2018 pro running iOS 15.3

• @BroCoast said:
    I can’t seem to find it. 😮

Is it showing in purchased for anyone else?

Not showing in purchased BUT I’m sure I was able to get it through iMazing..
    it’s running on this iPad 6 - 15.3.1

• Cool I am going to try that. It stopped working on 15.4 so I bought a 6th gen just to run it on old OS but can’t download it!

• Just came here to mourn.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Just came here to mourn.

This app is dead for real 😢.
    It was still usable on iPadOS 15, but I had to make a choice : keeping FLUX:FX which I really used and Audulus which I really wanted to play with... I choosed the later and iPadOS 16 has killed FLUX 🤷‍♂️😰.

• Ahhhhhhh.

I love this app…

Luckily I still have it on an old iPad I didn’t update.

But I cannot emphasise enough how no app, pedal or hardware unit can replace this.

I talked to the devs and even Adrian Belew about it. The main developer will never work on it again.

It would be amazing if another dev would take it on.

• I remember I was about to get it, and then it disappear from the app store 😢

• No app crashed my iPad more than Flux:FX - and still I miss it.

• Sorry, but it was essentially abandoned right after it launched.
    A shame since it could be quite good.

• It was definitely a great app, so I was pretty sad to see it go.

• I would love to see somebody take the looping part from it.

The FX, most can be recreated with other apps and aren’t so important. Turnado can cover a lot of that…

But the looping is special for a few reasons:

1. It’s retrospective, you can capture the last 1-4 bars of music you played after the fact.
    2. The reverse looper, besides also being retrospective doesn’t seem to have anything close to it in that you can play a phrase, then loop it backwards without any hiccups. Enso for example requires you to record a normal forward playing loop and then reverse it.
    3. It has something going on with audio detection/threshold. If you miss activating the loop right on the downbeat, it still gives a perfect loop.
    4. The stutter loop seems to work off quite a large buffer. While you can do stutter looping with a lot of other apps, it’s not as forgiving or useful as Flux:FX.
  • @BroCoast said:
    I would love to see somebody take the looping part from it.

The FX, most can be recreated with other apps and aren’t so important. Turnado can cover a lot of that…

1. It’s retrospective, you can capture the last 1-4 bars of music you played after the fact.
    2. The reverse looper, besides also being retrospective doesn’t seem to have anything close to it in that you can play a phrase, then loop it backwards without any hiccups. Enso for example requires you to record a normal forward playing loop and then reverse it.
    3. It has something going on with audio detection/threshold. If you miss activating the loop right on the downbeat, it still gives a perfect loop.
    4. The stutter loop seems to work off quite a large buffer. While you can do stutter looping with a lot of other apps, it’s not as forgiving or useful as Flux:FX.

Fwiw, loopy pro can do 1 and 3 and 2 is coming pretty soon.

• @espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:
    I would love to see somebody take the looping part from it.

Fwiw, loopy pro can do 1 and 3 and 2 is coming pretty soon.

I know Loopy Pro can do retro and other great stuff. It’s a fantastic app, don’t get me wrong and I still use it sometimes. I just can’t replicate Flux with it the way I want to.