Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thermo on iPad

12346»

Comments

• I'd definitely recommend watching a couple of videos. Jakob's Haq Attaq episode about Fundamental featuring Hainbach has some interesting stuff on there as a good place to start but there are a few really interesting ones.

• @FordTimeLord said:
    This and Paulstretch could keep me occupied for days

Anything with Paulstretch would do the trick haha but I agree. Gonna try it later 🥸

• @enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:
    Also - I’ve only ever saved AUM-native presets with these apps. Who can explain to me in clear terms how to a) make my own preset bank while the app is loaded in AUM b) save my existing AUM-native presets to it? I’d be very grateful for any guidance! Love the app but the preset system is bizarre for those of us used to ios.

Cheers

@Gavinski
    Hi Gav - OK, this is how I do it (and forgive me if you already know this method and are looking for something easier):
    1. Open Thermo standalone - this should create a Thermo folder on your ipad, accessible from the Files app, with 2 subfolders - PresetBanks and scl (for custom scales).
    2. Still within the standalone app, tap on the grey line below where it shows the loaded bank and the L and S (preset load and save) buttons - this reveals further controls to import / export banks.
    3. With one of the 'standard' banks loaded, tap the 'EXP' (up arrow) button and you will be prompted for a name and location to save the bank.
    4. Name it whatever you want (you're basically making a direct copy of the bank with all the presets) and save it in the Thermo/PresetBanks folder on your ipad.
    5. Now, to make it available in the bank selection list in both standalone and plugin, you actually need to import it, so still in standalone tap on the 'IMP' (down arrow) button and select the bank you just saved.
    6. It should now show as an available bank in the list that you access by tapping on the bank name. Although this is just a copy of the original set of presets you can at least overwrite them by loading one, making the changes to create your own, renaming it (tap on the existing preset name) then hitting 's'.

(This process also works with Fundamental.)

Yep - it SHOULD be so much easier but good luck asking Sinan to redesign his baby...👍

Thnx Nige! Will give this a go, couple of details in here i haven't tried yet 🙏!

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    I'd definitely recommend watching a couple of videos. Jakob's Haq Attaq episode about Fundamental featuring Hainbach has some interesting stuff on there as a good place to start but there are a few really interesting ones.

Thanks man, I'll definitely watch some vids.

• edited July 2022

5 improvisations with Thermo