Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thermo on iPad

Comments

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:
    Sounds fantastic. Some resizing issues as usual. Looking forward to diving into the manual. Would be an amazing pair with paulxstretch

A manual?

Yeah I definitely couldn't find one of those! I want to see it!

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:
    Sounds fantastic. Some resizing issues as usual. Looking forward to diving into the manual. Would be an amazing pair with paulxstretch

A manual?

Link is on spp store! He should put it on the website too tho

• This is your dose of PhD level reading for the day 😝

• @Gavinski said:

This is your dose of PhD level reading for the day 😝

Thanks! I just wanna know what that k stands for

• @sevenape said:
    I just wanna know what that k stands for

Key

...but only if C, M and Y stand for Cyan, Yellow and Magenta

• @sevenape said:

@Gavinski said:

This is your dose of PhD level reading for the day 😝

Thanks! I just wanna know what that k stands for

It's explained in the manual! From memory it basically allows you to use a note signal to trigger a particular oscillator. But you can also play via keyboard without pressing the K symbols - I think that will trigger all oscillators but pitch output will vary. It's a dense manual and i only scanned it once, haven't yet had a chance to try with keyboard. But can't wait to get home later and experiment.

• Have to say, for me this is one of the most exciting and intriguing releases in a while, despite typical SL interface issues. Just make a preset menu with arrows for pete's sake!

• @PeteSasqwax said:

@sevenape said:
    I just wanna know what that k stands for

Key

...but only if C, M and Y stand for Cyan, Yellow and Magena

don't confuse me!!!

• edited April 2022

@Gavinski said:
    Have to say, for me this is one of the most exciting and intriguing releases in a while, despite typical SL interface issues. Just make a preset menu with arrows for pete's sake!

I agree, Thermo is really interesting, I recently also got Bento noise box and Audiothing's Noises for my windows tablet. Bento especially, has a similar vibe to Thermo, but all three together are a droning, screeching joy. (even better with a bit of spacefields and Rymdigare added! )

Thanks for the 'k' info!

• @sevenape said:

@Gavinski said:
    Have to say, for me this is one of the most exciting and intriguing releases in a while, despite typical SL interface issues. Just make a preset menu with arrows for pete's sake!

I agree, Thermo is really interesting, I recently also got Bento noise box and Audiothing's Noises for my windows tablet. Bento especially, has a similar vibe to Thermo, but all three together are a droning, screeching joy. (even better with a bit of spacefields and Rymdigare added! )

Thanks for the 'k' info!

Can’t wait to try with paulxstretch.

Btw, manual says:

Each GEN generator has rate, mod depth, and smoothing rotary sliders. The rate slider defines the speed of the generator , the depth slider defines the mod depth of the generator and the smoothing slider sets the degree of softening the rapid changes of the generator function. When the BPM Lock mode is on, the rate slider shows the speed as note duration values.
    You can turn on / off the BPM Lock mode by pressing on the text field.

Can anyone figure out how to get this bpm lock working? I can’t. I press the text field of rate slider, I just get an option to enter text…

• Have no probs opening several instances in AUM btw. 2 only puts my dsp to around 30. It’s really fun to make preset in one, duplicate it and leave one doing something stable while u play with settings on the 2nd instance. Even 3 instances and a few other apps only pushes my dsp to 50. This is far more interesting than Fundamental imho

• And indeed is an incredible thing to use with paulxstretch. Love it.

• @Gavinski said:

@sevenape said:

@Gavinski said:

Thanks for the 'k' info!

Btw, manual says:

Each GEN generator has rate, mod depth, and smoothing rotary sliders. The rate slider defines the speed of the generator , the depth slider defines the mod depth of the generator and the smoothing slider sets the degree of softening the rapid changes of the generator function. When the BPM Lock mode is on, the rate slider shows the speed as note duration values.

Can anyone figure out how to get this bpm lock working? I can’t. I press the text field of rate slider, I just get an option to enter text…

Hi Gav - look for the text 'BPM locked' just to the left of where it says 'GEN' at lower left of the interface - that's where you need to tap...👍

• @Gavinski said:
    Have no probs opening several instances in AUM btw. 2 only puts my dsp to around 30. It’s really fun to make preset in one, duplicate it and leave one doing something stable while u play with settings on the 2nd instance. Even 3 instances and a few other apps only pushes my dsp to 50. This is far more interesting than Fundamental imho

I've been using it on desktop for a while, and yes, it's more flexible and powerful than Fundamental even with the updates in version 2.

• @enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:

@sevenape said:

@Gavinski said:

Thanks for the 'k' info!

Btw, manual says:

Hi Gav - look for the text 'BPM locked' just to the left of where it says 'GEN' at lower left of the interface - that's where you need to tap...👍

Thanks Nige - can u see that on this screenshot? I can’t.

• @Gavinski said:
    Have no probs opening several instances in AUM btw. 2 only puts my dsp to around 30. It’s really fun to make preset in one, duplicate it and leave one doing something stable while u play with settings on the 2nd instance. Even 3 instances and a few other apps only pushes my dsp to 50. This is far more interesting than Fundamental imho

Yeah there’s definitely a lot more territory to explore with this one, the basic sound of fundamental is still something I can’t get elsewhere though, somewhere close with my own test equipment, but I’ve not got as many as Hainbach to play with 😁

• @Krupa said:

@Gavinski said:

Yeah there’s definitely a lot more territory to explore with this one, the basic sound of fundamental is still something I can’t get elsewhere though, somewhere close with my own test equipment, but I’ve not got as many as Hainbach to play with 😁

Don’t mention real gear - you’ll give @McD a fit!

• @Gavinski said:

@Krupa said:

@Gavinski said:

Don’t mention real gear - you’ll give @McD a fit!

Funnily enough, the real tube test gear I’ve got cost less than the software, even including delivery 😂

• A pity that’s not true of most gear though…

• edited April 2022

@Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:

@sevenape said:

@Gavinski said:

Thanks for the 'k' info!

Btw, manual says:

Currently says 'BPM unlocked' so not syncing...

• @enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:

@sevenape said:

@Gavinski said:

Thanks for the 'k' info!

Btw, manual says:

Jesus, need better eyes than I have to spot that, thanks brother!

• @Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:

@sevenape said:

@Gavinski said:

Thanks for the 'k' info!

Btw, manual says:

Jesus, need better eyes than I have to spot that, thanks brother!

no worries - don't forget to try the patches in the other libraries (thermovibes and LMheat). Cheers!

• Can anyone duplicate? While playing a patch, type in a new ‘random’ value for the envelope. Sound dies immediately. Have to undress and re-press trig to get sound again

• It's really good, have the ui bugs already been reported? I have to reload it quite often unfortunately as the ui becomes unusable after that....

• @Gavinski said:
    Can anyone duplicate? While playing a patch, type in a new ‘random’ value for the envelope. Sound dies immediately. Have to undress and re-press trig to get sound again

Now that's an interesting approach to fault finding...😉

• edited April 2022

@Carnbot said:
    It's really good, have the ui bugs already been reported? I have to reload it quite often unfortunately as the ui becomes unusable after that....

The more ppl report the better. Also, the spatializer sliders seem wrong - sliding to the left pans to the right

• @enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:
    Can anyone duplicate? While playing a patch, type in a new ‘random’ value for the envelope. Sound dies immediately. Have to undress and re-press trig to get sound again

Now that's an interesting approach to fault finding...😉

Un-press, I meant, lol

• Yeah, Sinan fed back that you can’t change randomisation on the fly without retrigging