Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Next Arturia/Retronyms synth !?

Was looking through the Tabletop files in iFunbox, (looking for samples to strip and file on the PC), and found under Tabletop.App\Factory\Machines (edit, thanks @Musicinclusive) following entries:
Drum Deranger*
Headless MPC,
MPCController*,
MPCProController*,
MiniVController*,
ProphetVController,
SynthController*

I've asterisked the ones I can account for, the extant iMPC, the coming iMPC pro, the iMini, the Deranger...
Not sure what an Headless MPC is, but I have heard of a certain Prophet 5. The Tabletop "ProphetV" file includes a list of preset banks with names like Paul Schilling, G Darcey, and tasmodia...

Comments

• Well done scoop! Man, I hope you're right.

• Interesting! :)

• Nice dig!

• edited June 2014

Nice detective work there, hope that's it. :)

I really hope Apple doesn't find some way to close out iFunbox, iExplorer etc in the next iOS. I'm sure there are a few companies not liking us ripping samples, adding samples, finding out new things like the above etc, just screaming at Apple to shut that "hole".

• Cool! I planned on buying whatever it was anyway, but it's nice to know. The prophet 5/prophet VS package is actually two classic synths in one. :-)

• Nice find!!!!

• Nice work!

• Cool. I'd be happy about any of those synths.

• Great find,I hope your right:-)

• Confirmed - but the path is wrong above - it's Tabletop.App/Factory/Machines

• Of course it could be a red herring to throw us off ;-)

• I love the old Pro-53. Native Instruments Sounds like prophet right?

• Pretty much.

• edited June 2014

I guess the partnership with tempo rubato that Arturia had for iSEM was a one off then? That's a shame because it's yet to fail me and even after the imini update I still get stuck notes and general weirdness. Less often than before, but once in a while doesn't cut it for live use and iSEM has been perfect ( and sounds massive through a big PA, as did imini).

• An optimist might wonder if arturia is working with both of them so that they can double their release schedule.

• @syrupcore
    Man after my own heart

• Is that like they used to say about jaguars (the car)? One to work while the other is in the shop? ;-)
    I jest of course, I just hope imini works correctly at some point, but if it doesn't life will continue.

• Drive it on the weekdays wrench on the weekends like a certain American motorcycle

• As a kid, I lived next to a guy with two old and rather lovely looking Jaguars in the driveway. Years later, I heard that joke and it all suddenly made sense!