Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Trying to stay all iOS but this thing ..

Comments

• Kickstarted 🫠

• @echoopera said:
    Kickstarted 🫠

Yup. It looks crazy awesome … Kola Sampler doesn’t have so many onboard sounds, fx, etc.

• Hardware = 99% guaranteed instant abandonware.

• Never take advice from a man who wears his baseball cap backwards and who's dream car is a Jeep :smiley:

• @Simon said:
    Never take advice from a man who wears his baseball cap backwards and who's dream car is a Jeep :smiley:

Words to the wise.

However, SonicWare have put out a bunch of innovative and fun products so I’d be interested in this.

• edited April 2022

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Simon said:
    Never take advice from a man who wears his baseball cap backwards and who's dream car is a Jeep :smiley:

Words to the wise.

@Simon : Funny you should say that : Iwas just watching this video. Probably the best interview I’ve seen in awhile of a musician. Lots of wisdom here and it doesn’t hurt that he’s one of the premier guitarists on the planet . I’d take advice from him any day.

@Philandering_Bastard : Yeah, this company is amazing to say the least

• @Simon said:

Ha!

• Just watched the Kickstarter promo video. Hard to believe that the onboard mic(s) offer such a quality. Plus a funny fact - they show a ready made project in the video but still crowd funding it(!) Kickstarter is not about this.

And in the crowd of great software/hardware tools can somebody please explain to me what the hype about this device is?

• @israelite said:
    Just watched the Kickstarter promo video. Hard to believe that the onboard mic(s) offer such a quality. Plus a funny fact - they show a ready made project in the video but still crowd funding it(!) Kickstarter is not about this.

And in the multitude of great software/hardware tools can somebody please explain to me what the hype about this device is about?

• Hmm…seems like a lot of machine for $429. Kickstarting hardware is… hard.

I think I’ll wait until (if) it hits the shops…

• It passed the $40,000 goal in a single day. It’s exceeded $400,000 now .

• @israelite said:
    Just watched the Kickstarter promo video. Hard to believe that the onboard mic(s) offer such a quality. Plus a funny fact - they show a ready made project in the video but still crowd funding it(!) Kickstarter is not about this.

>

But many hardware projects on Kickstarter show working prototypes in their videos… right? IIRC, almost every hardware thing I've backed had a working prototype shown on the page. In this case, the hardware is probably locked in, and the firmware is the bit that has yet to be finalised.

And in the crowd of great software/hardware tools can somebody please explain to me what the hype about this device is?

Annoying jeep guy probably has the answers, but I couldn't get past the jeep bit either. :smile: No one thing seems particularly groundbreaking, but there's excitement that it's about the same feature set as an SP-404MKII, but smaller and cheaper. Here's a dude who makes some comparisons with various gear in its ballpark:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2022

@ehehehe said:
    Lol @ these "infomercial" yt vids and their thumbnails especially

LOL. Yeah - the goofy facial expressions really inspire confidence in what they are saying... :smiley:

The goofier the thumbnail, the less I trust them.

• @Simon said:

@ehehehe said:
    Lol @ these "infomercial" yt vids and their thumbnails especially

LOL. Yeah - the goofy facial expressions really inspire confidence in what they are saying... :smiley:

The goofier the thumbnail, the less I trust them.

Same here but this guy is actually pretty good. If I’m interested enough in something to get past a goofy thumbnail I’ll give them a chance otherwise it’s “Don’t Recommend Channel” right away.