Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New YouTube tutorial series showing you how to use Loopy Pro as a DAW with midi clips and automation

I love Loopy Pro so much as a music making environment, and don’t want to wait for native midi clips and automation to be added before using it as a full DAW. So… I decided to figure out some workarounds that we can use for now until @Michael gets a chance to add these feature in.

Since filming these videos I’ve started improving these ideas, eg. Using cc values instead of notes to trigger Atom2. Let me know if you have any other improvements.

I’m also working on a template with a grid of midi clips all hooked up to atom 2 instances and ready to go. I’ll upload it somewhere when it’s finished.

I hope you find this playlist useful:

Comments

• cool videos, very helpful

• 👍🏼 Nice idea for a LoopyPro midi-clip workaround and some automation. I‘m going to try out that workflow :)

• edited April 2022

great idea

• @yaosichen said:

great idea

😂😂😂👌

• Nice series of videos. I like how you're straight to the point, I wish more YT tutorials were like this...

...also Happy (39th?) Birthday Greg :* have great day!

• @FPC said:
    Nice series of videos. I like how you're straight to the point, I wish more YT tutorials were like this...

...also Happy (39th?) Birthday Greg :* have great day!

Ha! thanks mate 🍻

• Great work, thank you!

• @gregsmith thank you! this videos are great! simple and eye opening!

• Really looking forward to watching these, thanks Greg!

• @Gavinski said:
    Really looking forward to watching these, thanks Greg!

Hope you find them useful 👍

• cant you use xequence2 for the midi to auv3 instrument and loopy pro sequencer for audio loops? i havent used loopy pro much, can its sequencer incorporate audio tracks? unlike nanostudio2 but similar to BM3?

• @pr4y_4_beats said:
    cant you use xequence2 for the midi to auv3 instrument and loopy pro sequencer for audio loops? i havent used loopy pro much, can its sequencer incorporate audio tracks? unlike nanostudio2 but similar to BM3?

Loopy Pro’s sequencer is audio tracks. You can use Xequence with Loopy Pro, but it is more convenient to use midi sequencers like LK and Atom that operate as AUs, imo.