Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sinevibes App Sequential on sale for .99

edited June 2014 in General App Discussion

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sequential-for-ipad/id797390075?ls=1&mt=8

No Audiobus or IAA (wwwhhhyy??) but cheap at the moment.

Comments

• edited July 2014

On sale again for 99 cents. Still no AB or IAA, but after just a few minutes of playing around with it I can say it's worth 99 cents (I mean come on).

It's (edit: a bit) redundant if you have Effectrix, and you can only apply one effect per step (unlike Effectrix), but it still does a nice job tweaking loops.

• I don't consider this redundant compared to Effectrix. The results here sound unique compared to Effectrix (same could be said for Birdstepper, too). I like Sequential a lot, personally.

• edited July 2014

@CalCutta said:

I don't consider this redundant compared to Effectrix. The results here sound unique compared to Effectrix (same could be said for Birdstepper, too). I like Sequential a lot, personally.

Poor choice of words on my part, because yes it does sound different, but there is some overlap there too. Post edited. :)

Also, that wasn't meant as a knock on Sequential, just a sloppy attempt at trying to describe it. I like the app, worth it at full price in my opinion.

• I actually bought it the last time it was 99 cents because I didn't think Effectrix (for $15 or whatever it is) was something I would use, but Sequential hits some of those same post-editing functions at a very low price. Annoying that it lacks IAA or AB compatibility yet, but I enjoyed playing with it.

• triplet shift and gating make this unlike effectrix (I think) and totally worth it :)

• yeah - totally worth it for 99cents. Hopefully new update coming soon will have AB and a couple of new effects added (repeater would be nice)

• This is very good! One effect at a time but possibly because of this very sharp and clean sounding. Audiobus would be awesome but something tells me the developer would not put the app on sale before an update would they? I hope I'm wrong.

• @supadom said:

This is very good! One effect at a time but possibly because of this very sharp and clean sounding. Audiobus would be awesome but something tells me the developer would not put the app on sale before an update would they? I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah ... Dev has said update coming and it was on sale just before last update too. But not holding out for audiobus, dev is not focused on iOS I remember reading, so I kinda expect little update? Hope I'm wrong!

• edited July 2014

It's still 99c.

Update from the dev...The upcoming version 3.0 will add polyphonic mode - more then one effect at a time (that includes the iOS version as well). Dunno what other things the update might hold.

• haha awesome

I think I read somewhere here before a while back that the dev's stated that AB could not be implemented for some technical coding reason.

• Hey everyone! Artemiy from Sinevibes here.

First of all, would like to thank everyone for the kind words about our Sequential app, glad you like its immediacy and simplicity.

There was a period of around 6 months of silence after Sequential 1.0.3 update was released, this was due to the fact that we set to develop a lot of new technologies both on the UI and on the DSP side, and we did release a lot of AU plugins in the meanwhile but that's because they're easier to deploy. Anyways...

Back to Sequential, you can have a look at Sequential 3.0 for Mac and this is what we'd like to have on iOS too. So yes there will be more effects and the sequencer will be polyphonic, i.e. allow multiple effects at once. We would need to store a heck load more of parameters while keeping compatibility with the previous version, so we're developing a tech plan on this right now. As about AudioBus, we did not really design the app for pass-through processing, but we will do our best to add an AB output. If we had to do a pass-through effect it would be much better as a separate app and without sample playback... we love the sample-based workflow, though, so we think it'll stay this way at least for this app.

Cheers!

• Keep up the good work. I DO love the simplicity, but always want more (that old thing :).

• Cheers @artemiy. Nice to have you here. Good luck with it.