Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SquashIt - New App with IAA and AB

Comments

• And a free AU for the Mac elite: http://klevgrand.se/squashit/

• edited June 2014

I like it. 3 fully adjustable frequency bands each with their own amount of distortion, and the distortion sounds really good to me. The chain is a clean simple audio input amount - effect unit - audio output amount. Only tried it on drum loops inside Audioshare so far though. But on drums it's great IMO. This will come in handy in iMPC Pro. A buck well spent, thanks!

Oh, add Audiobus, pls devs?

• Another gem out of Sweden. I think I read somewhere that AB is planned.

• Cool. I noticed this app is from the same devs that made the recently released MIDI/WIST sync app, SyncMix. So that's two quality apps within a week or so. Seems like a company to keep eyes on, "Klevgränd Produktion AB".

• i love this, I wish they would make a high quality multifx app that focused on beatjuggling, glitching, and shifting as well as pitches, delays, verbs, and interesting variations on compression all in one app with the same user interface. I think the user experience/workflow here is genius and mildly awesome, very easy to understand and manipulate and would work wonders for all of the fxs I mentioned above.

• Here's a cool video where someone runs a Korg Volca through it:

Picked up the video from disccords article about it: http://discchord.com/blog/2014/6/27/squashit-inter-app-audio-effect.html

• Having had a better play around with it, I think my original description of "bitcrusher" is misleading. It really is more of a mild distortion effect without the ability to really destroy the signal. Very nice though.

• Yea it's a multi band distortion. Two bit crusher dials baked into the interface, without ruining the excellent design on the user interface, would be a nice bonus though. Also, unless it's a business decision to release two versions, I'd love to see this go universal, since the interface could just be squeezed together and still work just as brilliantly on the smaller iPhone screen.

• edited June 2014

Anyone else having trouble with this ? Dropping it into a Cubasis IAA slot I'm just getting the audio feed from the mic. Is there a way to switch the input that I havn't discovered ? Have tried turning off mic access in settings, deleted app & reinstalled, etc. Trying it in MTDaw also fails, question mark flashing on the FX slot in MTD, double tap to go to the app causes a bit of distortion, track stops playing in MTD & then returns to the home screen. In this case no audio seems to be getting into squashit from MTD nor the mic.
    iPad 2 / ios7.1

• edited June 2014

It hangs MultiTrackStudio too. SquashIt tries to load, MTS then completely locks up and needs to be restarted. Happens every time.

Seems to be ok in Auria.

• Works fine as IAA into Audioshare, used it multiple times w/o crashing.

It's surprising how useful this effect is. It has a really nice subtle character on vocals. Loving this.

• Yep it works fine with AudioShare into AB. It just appears to have an issue with some DAW's.

• @thinds said:

Yep it works fine with AudioShare into AB. It just appears to have an issue with some DAW's.

Is Auria one of those DAW's? Because I downloaded this thing and have yet to be able to run it once without crashing not only SquashIt, but everything linked to it. Even after a restart, it essentially locked me out of Auria for 20 minutes because the project I tried to use SquashIt on kept trying to load on startup as an auto-save, and instantly crashing each time until I found a workaround. Yikes.

Pretty sure I tried to just play it into AudioShare as an IAA effect with an IAA instrument (synth), and it crashed there too. My device is an iPad2 with the latest update for iOS 7.

• Maybe try opening Squashit independently, before trying to load it as an effect in Auria? I've noticed I have to do that with some IAA apps.

• edited July 2014

No probs at all with Auria on my Air loading before or after.

• @CalCutta said:

Maybe try opening Squashit independently, before trying to load it as an effect in Auria? I've noticed I have to do that with some IAA apps.

Will try. Ideally, it shouldn't matter. It's bad when I tried 3 different things that all independently caused the app to crash!

• Hi everyone,

I developed SquashIt for iOS, and now there is a new version (1.01) with a fix that will prevent crashes using the app in IAA mode on non-retina iPads. Sorry about that bug, we missed testing in properly on iPad 2 before release.

• Hi and welcome @sundhage, the update seems to have fixed the crashing in MultiTrack Studio too on my Air. Great app, thanks.

• edited July 2014

@sundhage said:

Hi everyone,

I developed SquashIt for iOS, and now there is a new version (1.01) with a fix that will prevent crashes using the app in IAA mode on non-retina iPads. Sorry about that bug, we missed testing in properly on iPad 2 before release.

Love this one. Really great job with the interface, fast, simple and smooth. The distortion character in this one goes well with a lot of material. I've made use of it lately in that oh so lonely IAA insert in iMPC Pro (a multiband distortion/saturation lends itself well to beat creation), it even recalls the settings when loading a project inside iMPC Pro, for anyone wondering (at least if you save the settings as a preset,haven't tried without doing that yet).

Definetely looking forward to whatever else the future might bring from Klevgränd!

• @thinds said:

Hi and welcome @sundhage, the update seems to have fixed the crashing in MultiTrack Studio too on my Air. Great app, thanks.

Oh, thats great news! We haven't been able to test it with MultiTrack Studio at all. Thanks!

• While you're here @sundhage, any chance of Audiobus implementation as well as IAA?

• @sundhage said:

Hi everyone,

Nice! Thanks for posting and for the fix. I figured it would be corrected sooner or later. FYI - I updated a lower rating I gave the app on iTunes to a 5-star rating. I knew this was a good app, but it had to work first for me to use it!

This is a very unique distortion sound. I don't consider it a traditional bitcrusher - at least not like the ones I've heard before. AudioBus compatibility would be nice in the future, but the AudioShare work around really isn't that hard to set up. I fed Flying Haggis guitar amp into it and on the lower settings there were some really unique and crunchy "fuzz"-like sounds. I'd love to see more simple, cheap apps like this one that just take one trip and allow you to tweak it. I'd buy almost all of them!

• @thinds said:

While you're here @sundhage, any chance of Audiobus implementation as well as IAA?

1.1 will support AB. Unfortunately we haven't scheduled exactly when to do this, but hopefully this autumn. If there's time we'll also make it iPhone compatible (universal) and probably raise the price to a couple of bucks instead of $0.99 USD.

• Sounds good, glad it's coming. Even at double the price it's still very cheap.

• Wow, AB and universal would be a great update! Not all apps are great on iPhone, but I think this one definitely could be.

Regarding price, yes, while a 99 cent intro is often a good idea to generate interest, this app could easily charge 1.99 or even 2.99. Especially with AB and universal.

• My inner twelve year old self giggles every time I see this app's name.

• edited July 2014

funny, my twelve year old self giggles every time I see your avatar

p.s. please never change your avatar

• This UI is absolutely great, its easy and convinient. As mentioned elsewhere it would work really well on a delay fx too. Please please please make it Mr. Developer!

• @yaknepper said:

This UI is absolutely great, its easy and convinient. As mentioned elsewhere it would work really well on a delay fx too. Please please please make it Mr. Developer!

Thats not a bad idea at all. I'll consider it... We have a few effect/dsp ideas for the future but haven't decided on which one to start with next.