Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a good Dobro patch on iPad

Title says it all, really...

Has anyone found a good Dobro sound on an iPad synth? Ideally one that supports MPE, but failing that one that supports realistic guitar-ish pitch bends would do.

It doesn't have to be ultra realistic - close enough is good enough in this case...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• The only good answer is to hire a dobro player…

There is an old trick that pedal steel players used to use when called on to simulate a dobro. That was to take an EQ pedal and alternately max and min every frequency control to get a crazy comb filtering kind of response. Sort of suggests a dobro sound.

Applying something like that to Yonac’s Steel Guitar app might get you something vaguely in the ballpark.

• I think this one's pretty good B)

• edited April 2022

Yonac Steel Guitar plus Thafknar with a Dobro impulse response sounds quite good!
    Here's the IR I've used, taken from the great french IR site:
    http://acousticir.free.fr/spip.php?article195

You can import the zip into thafknar standalone, unpack it into impulse responses and then use it in the thafknar AUv3.

AUM can load the Steel Guitar as IAA.

• GeoShred has Dobro presets and is MPE.

• Thanks everyone. I completely forgot about Geoshred, which I've had for a couple of years. Problem solved