Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sampling System Audio into Loopy

edited April 2022 in Loopy Pro

Does anybody have a better way of doing this?

Occasionally I will used web based synths and applications to create novel samples. I would like to be able to feed them directly into Loopy but from what I can tell there is no way to route audio from the browser through things like Loopy/AUM/Audiobus?

I have been using Wavebox right now, which uses the screen recording feature to grab system audio, which I then share to Loopy, but I would love to be able to skip that step if anybody has any ideas!

Comments

• I don’t think there’s a way to do it directly without a middleman, but you can still optimize your process. Koala will strip audio from a screen recording into a sample slot. And you can host Koala as an IAA or AUv3. So you skip the export from Wavebox and, instead, go straight to Koala within the host of your choice.

• @ChancedMusic said:
    I don’t think there’s a way to do it directly without a middleman, but you can still optimize your process. Koala will strip audio from a screen recording into a sample slot. And you can host Koala as an IAA or AUv3. So you skip the export from Wavebox and, instead, go straight to Koala within the host of your choice.

Ah I didn’t know Koala could do that! Good to know.

• You can do it if you have an audio interface with loop back capability (like the Scarlett 4i4)