Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Missing Apps in IN/FX Selection (solved)

xhgxhg
edited April 2022 in Support and Feedback

I use Audiobus 3 on an iPhone with iOS 15.4.1.

When I try to select Inputs or FX, the list does not show all of my compatible apps. Among the missing ones are Polybeat and NuRackFX.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Comments

• edited April 2022

@xhg said:
    I use Audiobus 3 on an iPhone with iOS 15.4.1.

When I try to select Inputs or FX, the list does not show all of my compatible apps. Among the missing ones are Polybeat and NuRackFX.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Are you sure you're looking in the right list, Applications vs Audio Units? And, of course, be sure you're on the correct page, Audio vs MIDI.

Edit: If it really is a strange problem, restarting the iPhone may help.
    And be sure the apps are installed on the iPhone, not just on another device.

• Thank you for your reply. A reboot fixed the issues and the apps finally appeared.

• @xhg said:
    Thank you for your reply. A reboot fixed the issues and the apps finally appeared.

Great. It seems like the plug-in database is rebuilt on device startup. Not sure why your apps were missing, but there you are.

• This is a bad sign. I hope missing plugins hasn't returned with 15.4.1.

• @NeonSilicon said:
    This is a bad sign. I hope missing plugins hasn't returned with 15.4.1.

Not for me. All seems normal. I do restart twice a week however, regularly, like clockwork.

• @uncledave said:

@NeonSilicon said:
    This is a bad sign. I hope missing plugins hasn't returned with 15.4.1.

Not for me. All seems normal. I do restart twice a week however, regularly, like clockwork.

I haven't had any problems on iOS yet either. I have had a couple of instances of all of my AUv3 plugins disappearing on Monterey though. There I have to reopen the container app for each of them to be seen again. That could be something related to my dev environment though.