Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Pop Synth-song "Rainbow Hug"

edited April 2013 in Creations

Here's a rough draft I'm almost done with.
"Rainbow Hug" refers more to the Biblical rainbow significance rather than a Teletubbies reference. Song was written on Soundprism, including words as I punched along on the keys, into MultitrackDaw. Then I backed it up with Funkbox, Thumjam(twice), Sunrizer(twice), then a couple Guitar parts (I held off on the Guitar Solo I wanted towards the end 'cause I don't have an ApogeeJam yet, just an Irig!) Then I copy&pasted a Vocalive track into Auria (I dropboxed all the MTD tracks into Auria that way) and did the same with Improvox backing vocals. Hopefully my final draft will have redone Voices and an Apogee Jam. Just pretend the vocals are okay. I don't hear much pop composition on this forum. I'm curious how bad you all think this is?

Comments

• I like SynthPop a lot. Nice little song ya got goin' there. You asked that we pretend that the vocals are okay, so I'll pretend they were higher in the mix and I knew what was going on in them ;-) I listened to this on my iPad so it is hard to judge the mix, but I would suggest some more dynamics in the song; parts that get quieter or louder, instruments coming in and out, pauses.....

The bonus in listening to this track was hearing the next one - MountainJug. I listened to that one twice. Bring some of "that" to the SynthPop song!

• This is such a great song, I listening to some of your other stuff too, reminds me a lot of Prefab Sprout..if you have not heard of them check them on you tube..OK now to critique..the vocals need to come up in the mix and there is a lot going on in there. The drum sound dont fit the feel of the song. i would suggest less in the mix in the begining and add towards the end, and pull up the vocals you sound great and the backing vocals and harmonys are great, I want to hear them..there are a few other things that could make you sound amazing but it sounds like I'm moaning. I wish I had written this song..anyway started folling you on Soundcloud and I wish you all the best in your songwriting...if you want to hear some of our stuff just check out thesoundtestroom on Youtube, it would be nice to know what you think..

• edited April 2013

Thanks for both comments! You're both right, the lead vocal was noise-cancelled out someway and way too much everything else for the whole tune. I'll try to redo this mess tonight. Input from folks on this forum is always championship-quality, and I'm very grateful. Ps: theSoundTestRoom on YouTube is a great place to be, I was watching your Another Normal Day video last night while I was uploading this bad mix! I want her to sing my stuff! Thanx again

• Thanks for the great comment...yeah Jo does have a great voice..This is how we write songs, I come up with a basic chord sequence and play it for Jo, if she like them I'll then go and record the whole thing and give it to her. She then writes the melody and all the lyrics..And thats how it always goes, always the music first then the lyric..She has to hear something in the music to write the lyric...she likes your song Rainbow Hug..we never do covers and iF you want to hear more of our stuff go to ReverbNation and search for Ethnesys..You should get on ReverbNation yourself it's a good place and you get great feedback and it's free...

• I wondered what your tattoo was about...

• Ah yeah the Tattoo..now theres a tale..I'd always wanted to call a band Ethnesys, it's just a made up word pronounced ETH KNEE SIS..the amount of people who get it wrong..well anyway..I wanted it to mean a blend of all kinds and styles of music...anyhow I'm 49 now and it was my first tat, when the guy did it he gave me all the right care instructions which I duly took no notice of..so I had to go back and have it repaired..which hurt a lot more than the original tat and made my arm look like raw steak...I didn't make that mistake again..lol..