Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How does Korg Gadget automation work across scenes?

Hoping some Gadget users have a work around for this.

When I tweak a parameter, let’s say for example pulse width, on scene 15 and record it as automation, if I return to scene 10 I have noticed that the tweak is persistent. Whatever gadget last saw from automation it considers to be how the synth patch was loaded. The same goes for IFX.

From what I can tell the only way to ensure that your automated instruments sound the way you intended is to make sure you only ever play/edit the scenes in order, otherwise parameters will be unintentionally tweaked as you move about the project while working.

Maybe I am missing something here.

Comments

• edited March 2022

You gotta make sure that you only tweak for the automation during recording, meaning do not touch the knob whatsoever unless record is enabled and it is playing and recording. Otherwise it will be persistent. It’s definitely easy to forget that or screw it up in the flow of music making

• Well that's the deal with pattern based composition.
    Knob tweaks can be found in the automation lanes of each clip and you could at least make sure that the clip ends with the value you want (i.e. matching the next clip or just the same value as at the clip start).

• @farfromsubtle said:
    When I tweak a parameter, let’s say for example pulse width, on scene 15 and record it as automation, if I return to scene 10 I have noticed that the tweak is persistent. Whatever gadget last saw from automation it considers to be how the synth patch was loaded. The same goes for IFX.

Correct, Gadget remembers last knob position (recorded or not).
    But if you tweak that parameter back to your desired value afterwards this will be the ‘default’.
    Until it plays the automated scene obviously, but after that scene finishes it will jump back to the ‘default’ value again. Same for IFX.

Hope this makes sense. Try it out.

• @R_2 said:

@farfromsubtle said:

Correct, Gadget remembers last knob position (recorded or not).
    But if you tweak that parameter back to your desired value afterwards this will be the ‘default’.
    Until it plays the automated scene obviously, but after that scene finishes it will jump back to the ‘default’ value again. Same for IFX.

Hope this makes sense. Try it out.

Yeah this pretty much what my fiddling had discovered. As a Ampify Groovebox user is was a bit surprising as within that app the instruments will always snap back to the set values if a clip with no automation is played. In Gadget you must be very careful if you are jumping about your project if you have made any big automations, like filter sweeps.

Thanks for the confirmations.