Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum FREE Player (Desktop and iOS)

Just wanted to give an exciting update that Pure Synth® Platinum is now a FREE Player for desktop and iOS. You have access to 128 analog and wavetable presets and all of the features.

The app will automatically detect your previous purchase of the app, so you should be able to unlock the Factory Content by hitting refresh as it will detect previous purchases for users who have already paid for the older version.

Any technical issues about app receipts, crashes, or bugs, please email support directly - https://gospelmusicians.com/pages/contact-support.

Enjoy and looking forward to a ton of preset packs coming soon!

Comments

• edited March 2022

After the last update, it seems that i‘ve lost many presets and GBs.
    Last time the app size was more than 6 GB. Now it is 423 MB!
    Where are my paid („PLATINUM“ !!!) factory presets? I‘ve bought the app in June 2019?
    Now I have only the 128 free presets!!!
    Why I have to pay for the factory presets again?

Refresh didn‘t work.

Please help!

• @Iskander said:
    Where are my paid („PLATINUM“ !!!) factory presets? I‘ve bought the app in June 2019?

Please help!

They posted a link in the post at the top of the page to get help with such things.

• UPDATE: We can confirm this is a bug and we will fix it soon! We apologize. We literally tested this for an entire two weeks with no issues, unfortunately, this is a common issue that the actual TestFlight version somehow doesn't work in real life. Nothing we could have done differently as Apple doesn't allow pre-releases.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    UPDATE: We can confirm this is a bug and we will fix it soon! We apologize. We literally tested this for an entire two weeks with no issues, unfortunately, this is a common issue that the actual TestFlight version somehow doesn't work in real life. Nothing we could have done differently as Apple doesn't allow pre-releases.

You guys rock! Thanks for the great products and customer service.

• Many thanks GM.

What about your other iPadOS apps (I have bought many of them)?
    Is it only a Pure Synth Platinum thing?

• @Iskander said:
    Many thanks GM.

What about your other iPadOS apps (I have bought many of them)?
    Is it only a Pure Synth Platinum thing?

This will just be Pure Synth®

• @Iskander said:

Refresh didn‘t work.

Please help!

Question: Did you reboot your iPad. We rebooted our iPad and it began to work after rebooting.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    UPDATE: We can confirm this is a bug and we will fix it soon! We apologize. We literally tested this for an entire two weeks with no issues, unfortunately, this is a common issue that the actual TestFlight version somehow doesn't work in real life. Nothing we could have done differently as Apple doesn't allow pre-releases.

Just sayin', because TestFlight is a test version, it cannot make any purchases, or verify any prior purchases. So any AppStore interaction in a beta is fake, and you cannot expect to test it in a beta. Therefore, you need to code extremely carefully, especially when attempting this strange new trick of making a paid app free. You could review the experience of IK's MixBox to see how bad it can be (search this forum).

• wimwim
    edited March 2022

If I'm not mistaken, the moral of that story was the issue was unfixable without breaking people's presets and pre-existing projects, and reverting the update entirely ASAP would have been the only sort-of clean way out. They didn't realize this and let things go for so long that they had the choice only to break lots of new user projects or to break lots of older users' projects. It was ugly, and got worse the longer it went on.

The problem in that case was the paid app plugin had a new plugin ID while the old ID was on the free plugin without the purchased content. If people upgraded, the plugin ID pointed to the wrong version for them. Changing the plugin to the new one lost all the settings saved in the session, losing all their changes. This was huge for many users.

I have no idea if this is the same issue, but as mentioned, the circumstances seem the same.

• edited March 2022

Dear @GospelMusicians,

Besides problem with factory presets there is another glitch as well:

• I see preset from 3 IAPs purchased directly inside PSP2, but I do not see presets from BASSalicious 1 and BASSalicious 2 inside PSP2 as I was able to see it before. BASSalicious 2 was purchased directly from AppStore / not from PSP2. Reboot of the iPad and "refresh" in PSP2 do not help for factory and BASS 1 / BASS 2 presets. My PSP2 version is 2.5.7.

I also do not see PSP2 in AppStore, I had to download it from purchase history. Kind regards

• @wim said:
    If I'm not mistaken, the moral of that story was the issue was unfixable without breaking people's presets and pre-existing projects, and reverting the update entirely ASAP would have been the only sort-of clean way out. They didn't realize this and let things go for so long that they had the choice only to break lots of new user projects or to break lots of older users' projects. It was ugly, and got worse the longer it went on.

The problem in that case was the paid app plugin had a new plugin ID while the old ID was on the free plugin without the purchased content. If people upgraded, the plugin ID pointed to the wrong version for them. Changing the plugin to the new one lost all the settings saved in the session, losing all their changes. This was huge for many users.

I have no idea if this is the same issue, but as mentioned, the circumstances seem the same.

Also, direct vendor intervention was required to "restore" the new IAP for purchasers who had previously bought the full paid app. They needed to be granted an IAP they had never purchased in order to access the content they had already purchased. I think this situation is identical; maybe GM can handle it more gracefully.

The apparently gratuitous change of the AudioComponentDescription by IK seemed like a unnecessary additional complication. It certainly caused a lot of losses.

I've a couple of projects using one of the PSP factory pianos. Need to avoid opening them, or maybe I'll just toss PSP, and save 6.2 GB. Lots of other good synths out there.

• I can't believe another developer had the same idea of changing a fully paid app to a freemium app (with the same nasty consequences by the looks of it). Was there some kind of piece about it in Programmer Monthly?? :joy:

We need to get the message out to not mess with things that customers have already paid for!

I'm sure @GospelMusicians will sort it out, though.

• @uncledave said:

@GospelMusicians said:

Just sayin', because TestFlight is a test version, it cannot make any purchases, or verify any prior purchases. So any AppStore interaction in a beta is fake, and you cannot expect to test it in a beta. Therefore, you need to code extremely carefully, especially when attempting this strange new trick of making a paid app free. You could review the experience of IK's MixBox to see how bad it can be (search this forum).

Which is why I still haven’t updated MixBox to this day, it probably has been fixed but still not taking any chances and I still haven’t seen the upside of upgrading it feature wise. I probably won’t be updating Pure Synth Platinum any time soon, as soon as I saw what the update was and I thought of the MixBox fiasco. Gonna sit this one out indefinitely.

• edited March 2022

@GospelMusicians I’m not sure what I’m missing now. Some individual presets have a red ‘Download needed’ button. Is there a way to download them all in one go? Because I can only see them one by one. Other packs look like they are asking to be repurchased.

• Doesn’t seem to be on the App Store in the US?

• Or the uk store

• Or the Australian store.

• Maybe they took it off temporarily while they sort this out. Probably a good move.

• Not found in German store…

• At least you can communicate with the developer.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Iskander said:

Refresh didn‘t work.

Please help!

Question: Did you reboot your iPad. We rebooted our iPad and it began to work after rebooting.

I did a reboot. Does not help.

Probably my mistake, that I deinstalled the app and reinstalled? Since then it‘s only the free version.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Iskander said:

Refresh didn‘t work.

Please help!

I restarted my iPad and I think the list of Wavetables has expanded, but doesn't include the Yamaha pianos I was using (CX, SX). The "Factory" presets that were part of the purchased app are still locked. And Autosave (in User presets), shows entries going back a couple of weeks, all marked "Download required". Storage still shows the 6 GB of content previously downloaded, but I cannot access it.

• Just updated and found my sounds and presets are missing. This premium app has just gone freemium aka Mixbox with all that went on with that update. It would be good if if the developers would concentrate on the customers that purchased their app at full price before breaking it to get more revenue.

• edited March 2022

New update was released several minutes ago
    Download of 5.9GB factory presets completed.
    Everything works well until now.

Many thanks for the quick solution GM!!!

• edited March 2022

Thanks @GospelMusicians for the quick turnaround and keeping us informed. I held off upgrading until the 'fixed' update was released. As far as I can see, all of my IAPs have been restored apart from the Factory Content IAP. If I click "Refresh" then nothing happens - is there something else I should be doing to restore this? Thanks.

EDIT:- a further update has arrived which fixes the issue! Thanks again for being so responsive.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Thanks @GospelMusicians for the quick turnaround and keeping us informed. I held off upgrading until the 'fixed' update was released. As far as I can see, all of my IAPs have been restored apart from the Factory Content IAP. If I click "Refresh" then nothing happens - is there something else I should be doing to restore this? Thanks.

We just released a new version within the past 20-minutes. Please download the newest version 2.5.8.

• Looks good. Previous Factory presets now available. Didn't need to do anything; it just used the old files, which I had not deleted. Thank you, GM.

• edited March 2022

@GospelMusicians said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

We just released a new version within the past 20-minutes. Please download the newest version 2.5.8.

Awesome. That was quick. Cheers!

Quick question Before I update… does it recognize you’ve purchased the app, or do you restore?

I actually removed all the downloaded content a week or 2 ago in preparation of loading it onto an SSD, it should still work right?

• @CapnWillie said:
    Just to be clear, my bassilicious and other expansions will be restored if I upgrade now? I never went for the other broken update…like with Mixbox I don’t update working apps until I know the new version is working properly.

Right, I’m scared to update 😂