Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Monterey 12.3 - does it work?

tjatja
edited March 2022 in Desktop

I try to be less fast with updates, holding back on both i*OS 15.4 and Monterey 12.3

I read about external monitors "sometimes" making problems, up to not working anymore.

Did you experience something like this?
Should I wait for 12.3.1?

Comments

• @tja said:
    I try to be less fast with updates, holding back on both i*OS 15.4 and Monterey 12.3

I read about external monitors "sometimes" making problems, up to not working anymore.

Did you experience something like this?
    Should I wait for 12.3.1?

I have a Mac Mini M1 for personal use and an Intel MBP (2019 model, I think) for work, both on 12.3 and only used with an external monitor (HP Z27, 4K). I haven't had a single problems since upgrading.

• Works fine.

• @Tarekith said:
    Works fine.

Thanks....
    Do you have more than one external monitor?

I have two different on my Mac Mini M1.... one over HDMI, the other over a Thunderbolt Dock and USB-C

• I have a Macbook Air M1 that I use in clamshell mode like a desktop computer, connected to a LG 27UL500-W monitor.

In my case, Monterey 12.3 has dramatically improved the experience of using an external monitor, because now it saves my refresh rate settings. Before the 12.3 update, every time that my computer went to sleep, after wake up, it forgot my configuration. So now I can use a variable refresh rate without configuring this every time.

I'm using the Display Port in the monitor, connected via an USB-C adapter directly to a Thunderbolt port in the Mac, if this helps.

In my opinion, the 12.3 update is essential, thanks to Universal Control.

• Similar sleeping state experience here with an Eizo CG243W (oldie): the M1 Mini in 12.1 wakes up with a white noise picture. Unplug- replug the HDMI connector brings it back.

• tjatja
    edited March 2022

@Pynchon said:
    I have a Macbook Air M1 that I use in clamshell mode like a desktop computer, connected to a LG 27UL500-W monitor.

In my case, Monterey 12.3 has dramatically improved the experience of using an external monitor, because now it saves my refresh rate settings. Before the 12.3 update, every time that my computer went to sleep, after wake up, it forgot my configuration. So now I can use a variable refresh rate without configuring this every time.

I'm using the Display Port in the monitor, connected via an USB-C adapter directly to a Thunderbolt port in the Mac, if this helps.

In my opinion, the 12.3 update is essential, thanks to Universal Control.

While Universal Control sounds interesting, I cannot use it - for some strange reasons, Apple only allows this for accounts that
    use two-factor-authentication ... which of course I would never use.

Apple does not need to know my mobile number.
    My ways of login into my account shall not be restriced by Apple and Apple devices.
    And esp., I don't need a backdoor into my account, which the very very very bad two-factor-authentication of Apple would allow for.

I cannot loose my password!
    And if I ever would, I am fine with loosing my account!

But I will not add a big big back-door into my account, which my family, my company or Apple could use to access my account.

• @Telefunky said:
    Similar sleeping state experience here with an Eizo CG243W (oldie): the M1 Mini in 12.1 wakes up with a white noise picture. Unplug- replug the HDMI connector brings it back.

Oh, that sounds bad!

But you are on 12.1?

I had no problems with 12.2.1 ... but I hesitate to update to 12.3

• At least macOS12.3 fixed kernel panics that the Yamaha drivers were causing when I put my 2018 i5 MacMini to sleep...
    (Ie. when I put it to sleep it took ~10 minutes and the mini KP rebooted itself, went to sleep and KP reboot again after ~10 minutes, I sent all the KP logs to Apple with feedback and apparently they apparently fixed it!).

macOS12.3 also fixed some Intel graphics driver issues that caused random glitches so over all macOS12.3 is a solid update on the Intel Mini. Can't say anything about M1's since I don't have one...

• @Samu said:
    At least macOS12.3 fixed kernel panics that the Yamaha drivers were causing when I put my 2018 i5 MacMini to sleep...
    (Ie. when I put it to sleep it took ~10 minutes and the mini KP rebooted itself, went to sleep and KP reboot again after ~10 minutes, I sent all the KP logs to Apple with feedback and apparently they apparently fixed it!).

macOS12.3 also fixed some Intel graphics driver issues that caused random glitches so over all macOS12.3 is a solid update on the Intel Mini. Can't say anything about M1's since I don't have one...

Thanks a bunch, @Samu

I still hope that someone with 2 monitors / displays on a Mini M1 replies - I try to avoid this potential problem :-)

• @tja yes, I‘m on 12.1... but it‘s actually not that bad: using the monitor‘s input selection also brings the picture back, as I noticed yesterday. Just 3 taps on the leftmost button.
    (but that screen is really old, a good one, though)

• Don’t know about the monitor situation but 12.3 is a little flaky about 44.1kHz and 48kHz, strange behaviour with IDAM and in FL Studio, sometimes with plugins WOTJA playing audio in Logic, even when creating aggregate devices, it’s difficult to narrow down but I think it has something to do with the Projects frequency setting.