Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited March 2022

Well this is going to be money we’ll spent.

Awesome!

• super hot! thanks Kai!

• edited March 2022

Just picked it up! It’s an awesome, very useful tool fo’ shizzle and a wicked blast 💥 to play with :)

Playing on the mini 5 at the moment and it might need a couple minor UI tweaks, but this dev has a reputation of being really quick with the fine tuning updates after launch 🚀

Update: I was mistaken. No UI tweaking needed. Popsicle FX UI is fine. It was just the built in keyboard in the way. All formats well and looks good 👍🏼

• Nice work Kai and Jakob !!

• Cool app, see this working with SpaceFields well.

• Pretty amazing but has anyone been able to get the 2 finger swipe between the controls and x-y pad that Jakob demonstrated to work?

• Looks awesome! I’ll wait til it goes universal

• @Gdub said:
    Nice work Kai and Jakob !!

Thank you!

• @enkaytee said:
    Pretty amazing but has anyone been able to get the 2 finger swipe between the controls and x-y pad that Jakob demonstrated to work?

I answered you over YouTube. I’ll post the resolution here if/when we get to one. 👍

• edited March 2022

@jakoB_haQ said:

@enkaytee said:
    Pretty amazing but has anyone been able to get the 2 finger swipe between the controls and x-y pad that Jakob demonstrated to work?

I answered you over YouTube. I’ll post the resolution here if/when we get to one. 👍

Thanks @jakoB_haQ ...I've emailed Kai as well...👍

• It's awesome when you decide... "Not gonna spend so much on apps this year" and this shows up :lol:
    We've been needing an AU Multi-FX (and i'm one of those that still use IAA apps a lot), much more so with Kai's special touch

• @enkaytee said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@enkaytee said:

Latest beta hot off the press from Kai fixes the problem - that's what I call efficient...😉

• I love the name.

• edited March 2022

So far, it crashes constantly in iOS GarageBand. Seems like it should’ve been beta tested using GarageBand as the host DAW?

Suggestions:

• The “R” and “W” are needlessly confusing on the motion recording portion of the pad. Just replace these with standard Stop (⏹), Record (⏺) and Play (▶️) icons and add a (❌) or trash icon to indicate clearing/erasing the motion recording.

• One should be able to record pad motion while listening to a pre-recorded track or while playing on a track. This is what I thought I could do when I bought this.

• @NeuM said:
    So far, it crashes constantly in iOS GarageBand. Seems like it should’ve been beta tested using GarageBand as the host DAW?

Suggestions:

• The “R” and “W” are needlessly confusing on the motion recording portion of the pad. Just replace these with standard Stop (⏹), Record (⏺) and Play (▶️) icons and add a (❌) or trash icon to indicate clearing/erasing the motion recording.

• One should be able to record pad motion while listening to a pre-recorded track or while playing on a track. This is what I thought I could do when I bought this.

How’s AUM? Ok I guess?

• @Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

Suggestions:

How’s AUM? Ok I guess?

Maybe? I rarely use AUM.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

Suggestions:

How’s AUM? Ok I guess?

Working awesome on mini 5 and 10.5 pro using either AUM or apeMatrix

• edited March 2022

@skiphunt said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

Suggestions:

How’s AUM? Ok I guess?

Try GarageBand, which is the default DAW for millions of musicians (because it’s free and built in to iOS).

• @NeuM said:

@skiphunt said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

Suggestions:

How’s AUM? Ok I guess?

Try GarageBand, which is the default DAW for millions of musicians (because it’s free and built in to iOS).

Both my iPads are short on space so I don’t have it installed. Sry

• I'm a Kai Aras apps fan. Especially Volt and Shockwave, for me that are classics. So Popsicle is a no-brainer.

• edited March 2022

Latest beta seems fine for me in garage band...

• @enkaytee said:

@enkaytee said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@enkaytee said:

Latest beta hot off the press from Kai fixes the problem - that's what I call efficient...😉> @NeuM said:

@skiphunt said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

Suggestions:

How’s AUM? Ok I guess?

Not a huge fan tbh - uninstalled on ipad and ignored on Mac

That seems to be the prevailing opinion on this site, but rest assured, many musicians use GarageBand due to it’s straightforward operation.

• @enkaytee said:
    Latest beta seems fine for me in garage band...

I look forward to the update.

• @NeuM said:

@enkaytee said:

@enkaytee said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@enkaytee said:

Latest beta hot off the press from Kai fixes the problem - that's what I call efficient...😉> @NeuM said:

@skiphunt said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

Suggestions:

How’s AUM? Ok I guess?

That seems to be the prevailing opinion on this site, but rest assured, many musicians use GarageBand due to it’s straightforward operation.

To be clear... I happen to really love Garageband too. Especially their instruments and the looping. I only had to remove everything because I'm also a photographer and was traveling for the last couple of months. I needed extra space on my devices for images and video. I'll reinstall GB after I transfer stuff and clear off more space.

• @skiphunt said:

@NeuM said:

@enkaytee said:

@enkaytee said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@enkaytee said:

@skiphunt said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

Suggestions:

How’s AUM? Ok I guess?

To be clear... I happen to really love Garageband too. Especially their instruments and the looping. I only had to remove everything because I'm also a photographer and was traveling for the last couple of months. I needed extra space on my devices for images and video. I'll reinstall GB after I transfer stuff and clear off more space.

I know how it is to not have enough space on the iPad or computer. Especially the iPad. LOL.

• This reminds me of ElasticFX but AU.

• @Pierre118 said:
    I'm a Kai Aras apps fan. Especially Volt and Shockwave, for me that are classics. So Popsicle is a no-brainer.

Question, does Volt work in stand alone for you? I get no sound at all in stand alone, I’m on a 2020 IPad Pro running OS 15.3, it hasn’t worked in stand alone for me since OS 13 🤷🏽‍♂️

• @NeuM said:

Suggestions:

It works fine in GarageBand for me, running 2020 IPad Pro , OS 15.3 and latest version of GB. I wish it would go full screen, the text are a little hard for me to read, idk why some apps do and don’t get the full screen treatment in GB but GB isn’t my main IPad Daw.

• @Strizbiz said:

@Pierre118 said:
    I'm a Kai Aras apps fan. Especially Volt and Shockwave, for me that are classics. So Popsicle is a no-brainer.

Question, does Volt work in stand alone for you? I get no sound at all in stand alone, I’m on a 2020 IPad Pro running OS 15.3, it hasn’t worked in stand alone for me since OS 13 🤷🏽‍♂️

Works OK on a 10.5 iPad Pro latest iOS