Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Input channel 1 to Output 1

Hi.
First, I want to say I really like the AudioBus app.
It is great for my purpose.

I have a question to ask about the AudioBus outputs :
I use AudioBus with a Roland Duo-Capture Ex audio interface on a iPad mini retina.
In the AudioBus app, it is possible to select wich audio channel to use as an input (Ch 1, Ch 2 or Ch 1+2).
Is it possible to do the same with the outputs?
For example ; Input Channel 1, output to Channel 1.
From what I understand, all inputs (mono or stereo) or all outputed as stereo.
Am I right, or am I missing something?
Thank you very much for your help.
Brendan.

Comments

• edited June 2014

l

• No, not yet. Multi-channel output will be coming in a future version of Audiobus.

• But you can select which channel on Input.

• edited June 2014

Input selection is at least disappointing. Maybe I am doing something wrong.Let's say I want to route from my behringer iStudio:

guitar->ch1->Jam Synth

vocal->ch2->Singaling

Both apps are not showing as FX ,nor Output so audiobus could support all apps as FX or I should contact the developers to make their app show as FX.

To be honest I hope audiobus would be something like Jack for iOS (anyone remembers it?) with modular approach...

• Jam Synth does show up in the Effects slot. don't know about Signaling because I don't have it. Store search doesn't find it either.

• Check and see if it has its own input channel selection. Some do, like JamUpPro (although not their earlier versions).

• edited July 2014

Unfortunately they don't support input channel selection ,but I hope audiobus will do it. When I heard about:

* Multi-channel input hardware support.

I though I would be able to route independently the inputs and bought the IAP to do so. A bit let-down ,but I'm sure it would be possible in near future.
    EDIT:

By deleting and reinstalling everything works (meaning the multi Input selection )