Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DAW multitrack problem

I've googled this with no results hopefully you guys can help. I've never seen this glitch in years of at home recording. I recently upgraded my DAW software from Sonar 6 Producer to X3. I changed nothing in my routing going to or from my PC which all worked perfectly with Sonar 6. Guitar-Line6 combo-off the combo to a Mackie VLZ12-to the soundcard's line in. I used to have a firepod but it puked so I'm back to the mackie which does ok.

Here's the issue, after the DAW install. For some reason my recording arm is picking up and recording the backing tracks. So if I try to multi-track it not only records the line in from the amp but also whats playing through the speakers and or headphones depending on what time of day it is. Effectively mixing my backing track and recorded track into one, defeating the purpose of multi-tracking in the first place. I've looked at all the settings and cant figure out what the deal is. As always I ran the wave profiler and synched the DAW and soundcard speeds to remove latency. I've looked at all my recording options both in the DAW and in the PC and nothing seems to have changed in my settings. This glitch occurs not only in X3 but also in 6 which I still have installed.

Anyone have any idea what the issue is? What setting I need to adjust? Its really driving me crazy.

Comments

• Well... I'm going to hazard a guess that it's not an Audiobus problem...

• OK then, now that we've eliminated Audiobus as a potential source of the problem, that simply leaves.....everything else!

• edited June 2014

@PaulB said:

Well... I'm going to hazard a guess that it's not an Audiobus problem...

...and not even iDevice related either!

• Don't spoil it...