Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro for Lofi?

So I bought Loopy Pro as soon as it came out and admittedly haven’t done anything with it. I get overwhelmed by apps that have a lot going on and it didn’t really fit my workflow at the time.

I’m wondering though if it might fit now that there have been some updates and I’ve changed things up a bit.

My current lofi workflow involves throwing a loop into Koala with some one-shot drum samples, letting Koala auto-chop the loop, sequencing, and then playing with effects while it records.

Is this something I can do in Loopy Pro nowadays or do I need to wait for some future enhancements? Anyone have a tutorial for this specific workflow?

Comments

• @ChancedMusic said:
    So I bought Loopy Pro as soon as it came out and admittedly haven’t done anything with it. I get overwhelmed by apps that have a lot going on and it didn’t really fit my workflow at the time.

I’m wondering though if it might fit now that there have been some updates and I’ve changed things up a bit.

My current lofi workflow involves throwing a loop into Koala with some one-shot drum samples, letting Koala auto-chop the loop, sequencing, and then playing with effects while it records.

Is this something I can do in Loopy Pro nowadays or do I need to wait for some future enhancements? Anyone have a tutorial for this specific workflow?

Loopy has had many feature updates and improvements, but it hasn't changed in character or basic operation much at all. At least not in ways that I think would make it a better fit for the specific workflow you describe.

That said, you can do what you describe. It does auto chop samples and let you play them back from pads like Koala does. It will let you add any kind of FX you like, but you need to add them individually from separate apps. Most FX aren't built-in and as immediately accessible as they are in Koala.

In short ... if Loopy didn't seem like a good fit before, I doubt it is now. But you might find your horizons expanded a lot if you do take the time to learn it.

Just my two cents based on what you wrote above.

• @wim said:

@ChancedMusic said:

Loopy has had many feature updates and improvements, but it hasn't changed in character or basic operation much at all. At least not in ways that I think would make it a better fit for the specific workflow you describe.

That said, you can do what you describe. It does auto chop samples and let you play them back from pads like Koala does. It will let you add any kind of FX you like, but you need to add them individually from separate apps. Most FX aren't built-in and as immediately accessible as they are in Koala.

In short ... if Loopy didn't seem like a good fit before, I doubt it is now. But you might find your horizons expanded a lot if you do take the time to learn it.

Just my two cents based on what you wrote above.

Appreciate the feedback! I’ll probably give it a try soon.

• @wim I did some digging and couldn’t seem to find how to chop samples within Loopy Pro

• @ChancedMusic said:
    @wim I did some digging and couldn’t seem to find how to chop samples within Loopy Pro

Button Grids. Add a button grid item to the project.

• https://loopypro.com/manual/#the-clip-slicer probably explains it better than I can. If it isn't clear then I'm sure someone will take a stab at explaining it. 👍🏼

• See the Button Grid/Clip Slicer section of the manual

• @espiegel123 said:

@ChancedMusic said:
    @wim I did some digging and couldn’t seem to find how to chop samples within Loopy Pro

Button Grids. Add a button grid item to the project.

Wooooah! Thank you. That’s pretty sick.

• There are now some good tutorials on YouTube that cover LP’s features. The Sound For More series gets a lot of props.

• @ChancedMusic said:

I’m still working out my specific workflow for Loopy Pro but it is more than capable. So many possibilities.

Quick example:

• @Thepixelproducers said:

@ChancedMusic said:

I’m still working out my specific workflow for Loopy Pro but it is more than capable. So many possibilities.

Quick example:

this is great.

personally, i find working with Koala within LP a great workflow. Shame LP lacks support for multi-out/in, sure it will get it sometime, but in many cases I just bounce down to a donut, which can provide enables support different effect chains. I'm not sure how to do sidechaining with donuts, maybe it's possible, but i've failed to work that out yet.

• @cuberoo_ said:

@Thepixelproducers said:

@ChancedMusic said:

Quick example:

this is great.

personally, i find working with Koala within LP a great workflow. Shame LP lacks support for multi-out/in, sure it will get it sometime, but in many cases I just bounce down to a donut, which can provide enables support different effect chains. I'm not sure how to do sidechaining with donuts, maybe it's possible, but i've failed to work that out yet.

LP will have multi in out.
    This is in the roadmap here : https://app.loopedin.io/loopy-pro#/roadmap
    You can even choose you favorite feature priority order. Multi out may not be in the in next update due to small votes for this feature.
    Hope it comm soon though.