Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

N track updated

N Track Studio was updated with a mixer view , however app still buggy , what a shame since I somewhat like this app but could never use it.

Comments

• I agree with you @djjuniorpops! I liked the Windows version, and on paper it has great features, but how hard would it be for them to make it run smoothly (they could use MTDAW as an example!) I remain hopeful, but until it's smooth, I get better results with Auria & Cubasis.

• Hi everybody and thanks for your feedback.
    @NoiseHorse could you please give us more details about what do you mean for 'smoothly'?
    We're constantly working to make n-Track better, as you can see from the
    continuous updates to fix the reported bugs and to add new features each time, and we really appreciate any user suggestion.

For any bug or issue users can write to our support at
    [email protected]

• @ntrackdev an example of buggy-ness or not running smoothly would be: while recording a song with 10+ audio tracks (several with effects already added like reverb or soft knee compression) and then recording a MIDI instrument track, many times the entire app will freeze and shut down, as if the app is overloaded. I realize there may be less computing horsepower on an IPad4 than a MacPro computer, but there are comparable IOS apps that perform well under conditions like that. We certainly appreciate your hard work and updates! You have a great range of features on N-track studio, we would just like to be able to use all of them with out freeze-ups.

• It always freeze up for me . Also the scrolling and adjusting of track size to do editing is not smooth and sometimes it freezes also.

• Okay I reloaded N-track to check the stability creating a new project. I've only thrown down 5 tracks, 4 audio & 1 MIDI with 2 or 3 effects on each audio track. So far I can report that scrolling things sometimes causes staticky sounds and zooming and shrinking wav forms is jumpy and not smooth. However it did get the job done so far. Maybe the graphics engine(if that's what it's called) is too resource hungry. Also it took me a while to remember where everything was, it's not all displayed in obvious places, like Cubasis. I wish it was easier to see and set which tracks were recording by default. I know it's great to record several tracks at once, but I'd like to be able to set it to just record the new track I opened up when I want it that way. It would be cool to have nicer MIDI sounds on those instruments.

• If only MTD had better editing and a stand alone mixer.

• @NoiseHorse and @djjuniorpops we're trying to stress the app a little making some test in comparison with other app on the market with the same number of tracks and effects.
    We will update you soon with the results.
    In the meanwhile you can try increasing the buffer size, going in the Settings Menu (the cogwheel icon in the bottom of the screen) and changing the 'Latency (Buffer Size)' voice. What is your current buffer size?
    Another thing you can try is to set your device on 'Airplane Mode' and to disable your wifi connection.

• edited June 2014

@ntrackdev
    I downloaded n-track pro to my iPhone 5s, as I wanted to have a DAW on the phone that loads IAA fx, along with other features offered in the app.
    These are the issues I've encountered:

Crashes upon opening the app (this happens 75% of the time.)

I load an IAA instrument, enter midi notes manually, and engage play and loop, the notes play correctly sometimes, and sometimes they drop out and are silent, though the VU meters continue to jump...

or the first notes do not play- this occurs seemingly w/any instrument I choose

I import a wav. (of a kick hit for example) lay out a beat, engage the loop function and play and I hear a nice endless 4 on the floor beat. But if I play the loop more than a few times the loop will somehow offset and develop a pause at one end of the loop and the beat will slip off the 4x4, with a pause added

I've set the latency to 1024, and continue to have the above results

I'm happy to continue trying to make smooth work - I like the app a lot-

Thanks for checking in here on the forum, and having a look at these issues

• Hi @Littlewoodg and thanks for your feedback. It's very important for us to have such collaborative users.
    I'm writing you a private message to have more details about your problems and the crash logs.

Please keep posting your problems with the app on this thread or send a mail to [email protected]

• Thanks @ntrackdev- I'll work on getting the crash logs 2u

• edited June 2014

The dev promptly followed up on my issues above via emails and has bug fix coming soon-

• n-Track studio 3.7 update is available for download right now.
    With this release all the loop problems should be fixed and we've worked really hard to improve the overall performance at low latency.
    On the newer devices such as iPad 5s and iPad Air we are able to work on a full multitrack project with more than 15 tracks and several effects at a buffer size of 128 samples.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further question at [email protected]