Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Version 1.0.5 Update

App "Loopy Pro: Looper DAW Sampler"

Developer: A Tasty Pixel
URL: https://apps.apple.com/app/loopy-pro-looper-daw-sampler/id1492670451

Minimum OS Version: 12.0
Universal: Yes
Price: Free

DESCRIPTION:

Loopy Pro is a live-looper. And a sampler. And a sequencer. And a very capable AUv3 Audio Unit host. And a DAW. And an AUv3 Audio Unit.

You get the idea. Loopy Pro is deep. But it's also designed to be friendly, and a great deal of fun.

You can set up Loopy Pro to work however you do, with features like hands-free looping with count-in, count-out and automatic loop detection; or "free" looping, where you can choose on-the-fly how long to make loops. There's even retrospective recording, where you can lock in a loop after the fact.

There's extensive MIDI controller support, including built-in support for the Launchpad and the APC40 mk2, and effortless MIDI Learn for setting up your controllers.

You can also drag-and-drop audio straight onto loops in Loopy Pro, with sophisticated tempo and pitch adjustments, and use Loopy Pro as a clip launcher, with all kinds of options for song sectioning.

The built-in mixer lets you set up insert and send effects for every channel in your project, and load AUv3 Audio Unit instruments, effects, and MIDI sequencers.

And there's a built-in sequencer, for arranging songs, and even performing them live, totally automated and hands-free.

There's also a great deal still to come.

So, what are you reading this for? Go take Loopy Pro for a spin – there's a 7-day free trial just waiting for you.

Have fun!

• Michael
    loopypro.com

Join other Loopy Pro users on Discord, Facebook or the forums - loopypro.com/communities

Loopy Pro's Pricing Structure:

Loopy Pro has a pricing structure that mimics the classic desktop software model, in order to enable continued development:

• A 7-Day Free Trial, so you can make an informed purchasing decision.
• A one-off In-App Purchase to buy the app: to keep, forever.
– This gets you permanent access to all current features, and all those added in the following 12 months.
– It also gets you bug and compatibility fixes for the lifetime of the app.
• A completely optional "Upgrade" In-App Purchase, available any time from 12 months after initial purchase, to buy the latest features and all those released in the following 12 months, to keep forever. Upgrade once, or every year, or just when there's a new feature you want, or never upgrade after the initial purchase – it's completely up to you. And you keep what you buy, forever.
• This will allow Loopy Pro to continue evolving for years to come, while letting me support my family.

RELEASE NOTES: Version 1.0.5

• Added seamless cross-project transitions and set lists, with configurable crossfade and effect tails, via the "Load Project" action.
  • Added MIDI Fighter/Twister support with colours and per-loop playhead animations.
  • Added Audio Source AUv3 parameter actions
  • Added a second-level quantization interval, invoked when cancelling a count-in (see "Second Quantization" in clip settings)
  • Added “Toggle” action variant for parameters, to switch between two fixed values
  • Added full support for cross-project session recording

Other changes:

• Added “Individual Buses” support for session recording
  • Added project title to toolbar
  • Added ability to rename audio source channels
  • Added MIDI learn hotspots to effect buttons in mixer
  • Added effect parameter action to MIDI learn hotspot for effect buttons on mixer and bottom bar
  • Added Absolute/Relative settings for CCs in trigger setup for manual configuration
  • Added green metronome flash on downbeat
  • Added “Reset Audio Source Sends” system setting
  • Reset APC40 cursor when changing page or project
  • Fixed some initialisation and load issues with AUv3
  • Fixed delays when loading file managers with large numbers of items
  • Fixed some interaction issues with play group edit screen
  • Fixed individual input session recording when multiple inputs present
  • Fixed one-shot playback velocity for APC40mk2
  • Fixed crashes and issues with audio units when switching/transitioning projects
  • Fixed armed sequence launch crash
  • Fixed a rare crash when changing audio route
  • Fixed issue with saving imported projects
  • Fixed some effect parameter action issues
  • Fixed some session recording playback screen issues
  • Fixed default relative CC adjust speed
  • Tweaked relative CC detection
  • Fixed issues with audio source balance
  • Fixed MIDI Learn hotspot initial state update
  • Fixed crash when an IAA audio unit registration has no title
  • Fixed crash when encountering invalid Core MIDI endpoints
  • Fixed glitches introduced when truncating a clip
  • Fixed playback issue that could cause high power/CPU consumption
  • Added workaround for audio interface unique ID resetting over reconnections
  • Revised post-record loop phase correction: only perform phase realignment if there are no other loops of same length or longer
  • Fixed possible race condition which could cause some crashes
  • Added AU instance number to MIDI action targets
  • Fixed MIDI action targets selection
  • Fixed potential crashes when saving effects
  • Fixed missing AUv3 effects in sequence export, and a few other export issues
  • Fixed crash when setting clip playback rate to very small numbers
  • Fixed issues with record action chaining
  • Fixed consecutive clip play/stop action issues
  • Fixed an issue with pitch/speed reverting after background process if using sample rate greater than 48k
  • Fixed missing AUv3 state in project export
  • Fixed user preset saving for AUv3s with spaces in their AudioComponentDescriptions (eg. Beathawk)
  • Fixed clock controls screen when height-constrained (added scrolling)
  • Fixed missing audio unit delay line reset (e.g. on enable/disable)
  • Fixed missing initial downbeat when receiving MIDI clock
  • Fixed saving of custom record configuration for play actions
  • Fixed a number of issues with Ableton Link start count-in
  • Fixed issues with remaining loop phase lock override when disabling sequence
  • Fixed recording trimming
  • Tweaked canvas editor interaction: tap and hold will bypass select mode, to facilitate easier moving of elements
  • When stopping timeline, move to loop region start, if present, rather than start of timeline

Comments

• My Shortcut cannot copy the image URL anymore, will fix later

• edited March 2022

Holy shit !!!! LP made The midi fighter twister just insane !!!!!

• edited March 2022

@jazzmess said:
    Holy shit !!!! LP made The midi fighter twister just insane !!!!!

Yeah, first I bought a LaunchPad Pro, and now this. @Michael is costing me a lot of money!

• I was hoping for MultiOut as that was the only thing from making this my permanent host for live work. Oh well, still good.

• @cian said:
    I was hoping for MultiOut as that was the only thing from making this my permanent host for live work. Oh well, still good.

make sure to fill out the survey if you haven't

• Don't forget to bash out a heavenly / hellish App Store review with 5 stars and lots of prosa!!!

• Awesome update, can't wait to try the midi twistor support.

• This is really awesome, I finally got it last night and played around a little bit, but this morning trying it with IDAM and Ableton Link.....

Serious problems with synchronization with Ableton and Loopy Pro. glitchy. I suspect IDAM is the culprit. The Sample Rates are matching! Results are better when I use an Aggregate Device in Mac than using IDAM as source input directly.

With IDAM as the source input the audio just gets overloaded and gives that crunchy static sound as if it's a cpu overload until the audio just crackles out.

With Aggregate device there is synchronization but the samples keep restarting at odd spots as if they were retriggered at 4ths. Monterey is up to date, iOS is up to date...is this an IDAM issue?

I just tested AUM thinking it would be fine but it's giving the same behavior. I don't recall having these issues before but I haven't used IDAM a ton so...
    I'm used to using studiomux but haven't bothered with that yet or tried using Loopy as an AU

• @shazbot said:
    This is really awesome, I finally got it last night and played around a little bit, but this morning trying it with IDAM and Ableton Link.....

Serious problems with synchronization with Ableton and Loopy Pro. glitchy. I suspect IDAM is the culprit. The Sample Rates are matching! Results are better when I use an Aggregate Device in Mac than using IDAM as source input directly.

With IDAM as the source input the audio just gets overloaded and gives that crunchy static sound as if it's a cpu overload until the audio just crackles out.

With Aggregate device there is synchronization but the samples keep restarting at odd spots as if they were retriggered at 4ths. Monterey is up to date, iOS is up to date...is this an IDAM issue?

I just tested AUM thinking it would be fine but it's giving the same behavior. I don't recall having these issues before but I haven't used IDAM a ton so...
    I'm used to using studiomux but haven't bothered with that yet or tried using Loopy as an AU

Can you check out if you have the Ableton Link issue if you are just running your iPad by trying to sync AUM and Loopy Pro standalone via Ableton link? There are some cases where that isn’t working really right and it would be helpful to know.

• edited March 2022

Link between Loopy Standalone and AUM is fine.

There was a weird issue at first where the sound had this intermittent spectral-pitchshift kind of sound but timestretches were off. So I turned off Link in Loopy but that didn't fix it. Then started a new Loopy project and imported a sample and it was fine.
    Those Links are good though.
    Also I unplugged the ipad from the mac beforehand.

• @shazbot said:

There was a weird issue at first where the sound had this intermittent spectral-pitchshift kind of sound but timestretches were off. So I turned off Link in Loopy but that didn't fix it. Then started a new Loopy project and imported a sample and it was fine.

There is a thread about some people experiencing IDAM issues generally with the latest OS on some machines. I wonder if this is related.

• Probably. There were times when I'd try to enable the ipad in the A/M settings and it would add the ipad but also still say 'Enable' as if I hadn't and if I pressed enable again it would be infinite waiting icon

• @shazbot if you haven’t seen it, could be this https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/49523/macos-12-3-and-ipados-15-4-is-idam-broken-for-anyone-else#latest
    I thought I sorted the issue with iPad Pro and M1, but no it’s a crackle fest after a while and also get weird time/spectral shifts.

• @Model10000 said:
    @shazbot if you haven’t seen it, could be this https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/49523/macos-12-3-and-ipados-15-4-is-idam-broken-for-anyone-else#latest
    I thought I sorted the issue with iPad Pro and M1, but no it’s a crackle fest after a while and also get weird time/spectral shifts.

Thank you

• @espiegel123 said:

@shazbot said:

There is a thread about some people experiencing IDAM issues generally with the latest OS on some machines. I wonder if this is related.

IDAM worked great Link-ing with AUM after the 15.4.1 update (but I had to switch the sample rate to stop the audio from crackling and fading) but the Link with Loopy problem remained. Big-time latency and sample chops in that 4th quantized fashion so there definitely seems to be a Loopy specific problem with Link

• @shazbot said:

@espiegel123 said:

@shazbot said:

IDAM worked great Link-ing with AUM after the 15.4.1 update (but I had to switch the sample rate to stop the audio from crackling and fading) but the Link with Loopy problem remained. Big-time latency and sample chops in that 4th quantized fashion so there definitely seems to be a Loopy specific problem with Link

Please do a couple of things:

• try link between loopy and aum without the ipad connected to anything else in order to see whether IDAM is relevant to your Loopy issue
    • make a screen recording demonstrating the issue and post a link to it.