Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Roadmap

13»

Comments

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Omg.
    Desktop!
    Multi-out also on iOS?

Yes

• Super cool. Can't wait for OSC.

• Is there a trick to bring Loopy Pro in the foreground by a CC Message? Just like the controller setting for this task in AUM.

• @Pummelfee said:
    Is there a trick to bring Loopy Pro in the foreground by a CC Message? Just like the controller setting for this task in AUM.

No. My understanding is that the OS intentionally prevents apps from bringing themselves to the front and that AUM is using a clever trick not officially supported by the OS. I think Michael prefers not to rely on techniques that could stop working without warning.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Pummelfee said:
    Is there a trick to bring Loopy Pro in the foreground by a CC Message? Just like the controller setting for this task in AUM.

No. My understanding is that the OS intentionally prevents apps from bringing themselves to the front and that AUM is using a clever trick not officially supported by the OS. I think Michael prefers not to rely on techniques that could stop working without warning.

If I recall correctly, the original Audiobus was a clever trick that stopped working…

• What I’d love would be a way for Loopy Pro to also control Keynote

• @BiancaNeve said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Pummelfee said:

If I recall correctly, the original Audiobus was a clever trick that stopped working…

I seem to remember @rs2000 suggesting it was possible using shortcuts app but I’ve never tried it.

• @supadom said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Pummelfee said:

I seem to remember @rs2000 suggesting it was possible using shortcuts app but I’ve never tried it.

In fact it was iOS' built-in Accessibility Control feature which basically lets you record a set of single or multitouch finger gestures and map them to ASCII keyboard, Bluetooth or MIDI events.
    These aren't context sensitive though.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@u0421793 said:
    What I’d love would be a way for Loopy Pro to also control Keynote

Anything that can be controlled by MIDI in Keynote can be controlled by Loopy Pro. It's actually a really good MIDI control surface builder. Very soon now it'll have OSC - and run on Macs (Intel and Apple Silicon) as well.

[oops.] I thought you were talking about Keystage. 😂

nvm.

• @wim said:

@u0421793 said:

Anything that can be controlled by MIDI in Keynote can be controlled by Loopy Pro. It's actually a really good MIDI control surface builder. Very soon now it'll have OSC - and run on Macs (Intel and Apple Silicon) as well.

[oops.] I thought you were talking about Keystage. 😂

nvm.

I don’t think Keynote has any awareness of MIDI – but, it has something because I can control it by remote from my watch

• I bought Loopy pro yesterday and try it just to play a bit with some of my sample and I love it , I s’use some of my AUv3 reverb thanks @Michael you did a great dev what an improvement since Loopy HD that I downloaded years ago but now it is really a mature app.

• @BerlinFx said:
    I bought Loopy pro yesterday and try it just to play a bit with some of my sample and I love it , I s’use some of my AUv3 reverb thanks @Michael you did a great dev what an improvement since Loopy HD that I downloaded years ago but now it is really a mature app.

Thank you!

• @Michael said:

@BerlinFx said:
    I bought Loopy pro yesterday and try it just to play a bit with some of my sample and I love it , I s’use some of my AUv3 reverb thanks @Michael you did a great dev what an improvement since Loopy HD that I downloaded years ago but now it is really a mature app.

Thank you!

Not sure if it is me but I got an error with loading as an effect blackhole Eventide as a rêver pre fader , all my other reverb work very fine.

• @BerlinFx said:

@Michael said:

@BerlinFx said:

Thank you!

Not sure if it is me but I got an error with loading as an effect blackhole Eventide as a rêver pre fader , all my other reverb work very fine.

If you’d like to find the Blackhole crash log we can send it to the dev. https://loopypro.com/manual/#reporting-crashes

• FWIW, I use Blackhole in Loopy pretty often. I haven't had problems with it.

• @Michael said:

@BerlinFx said:

@Michael said:

@BerlinFx said:

Thank you!

If you’d like to find the Blackhole crash log we can send it to the dev. https://loopypro.com/manual/#reporting-crashes

Thanks before reporting will try to open Black Hole before opening Loopy Pro and will try again to be sure it is not me the problem as I am new to LoopyPro

• @BerlinFx said:
    Thanks before reporting will try to open Black Hole before opening Loopy Pro and will try again to be sure it is not me the problem as I am new to LoopyPro

Blackhole is an AUv3 isn’t it? You can’t open an AUv3 outside of a host… if you’re using the IAA version, don’t; IAA is increasingly unreliable since Apple dropped it.

• @Michael said:

@BerlinFx said:

Blackhole is an AUv3 isn’t it? You can’t open an AUv3 outside of a host… if you’re using the IAA version, don’t; IAA is increasingly unreliable since Apple dropped it.

BlackHole is AUv3

• edited September 2023

• Cant say for sure but donut samples deleted but were saved in template.

Will post back.

Got access to 120 donuts.

Not sure how Id use so much audio but audio available.

• GUBGUB
    edited November 2023

The Mac app Keyboard Maestro can use midi data to run scripts, automators, pretty much anything you would normally do with a script or a macro. I'm sure you could put together a macro routine to control Keynote.

@u0421793 said: