Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Roadmap

Comments

• @krassmann said:
    I find it surprising that „Reverse and tape slowdown“ gets more votes that AUv3 multi-out and sidechaining. Well, but that‘s democracy….

But think about it comrades, sidechaining also allows creative ways to route audio while the slowdown could also be done with an fx plugin, Bleass Slowmachine for instance.

Tbf I voted for reverse cos I figured it’s a quick win for @Michael 😂

• I know it’s not on the roadmap but being able to export as an Ableton Live project would be amazing, but at the moment being able to save as a template would be a REAL timesaver when using my APC40 mk2

• edited March 2022

Awesome to see this. Midi looping. 🙏 And agreed on reverse. With midi control, this would be killer.

• @krassmann said:
    I find it surprising that „Reverse and tape slowdown“ gets more votes that AUv3 multi-out and sidechaining. Well, but that‘s democracy….

But think about it comrades, sidechaining also allows creative ways to route audio while the slowdown could also be done with an fx plugin, Bleass Slowmachine for instance.

Using a plugin for slowdown doesn’t allow you to then overdub and speed it back up. These are basic looping functions for a substantial population of players.

• @celtic_elk said:
    Using a plugin for slowdown doesn’t allow you to then overdub and speed it back up. These are basic looping functions for a substantial population of players.

It's a poll and it's hard to argue with the results of a poll unless it's rigged.

I get your point but does this means "a substantial population of players" are not voting or
    the corollary: those voting are not players.

Of course "a substantial population of players" can be overwhelmed by clueless newbies with money to spend. It happens with pop music too. The real players are using $299 desktop tools. On IOS we're still trying to figure shit out.

• The developer still retains the right to take everything under advisement and do what the hell they want.

Isn’t that right @Michael ? 😉

• edited March 2022

Good points for the reverse and slowdown. I’m not really a looper but rather try to use LP as a DAW. Thanks for helping me understand.

Just my 2 ct regarding the backlog. I don‘t expect that Michael should do them from top to bottom. The features are not of the same complexity and also may not make sense in this order as they are now. But I think it is valuable for him to see what users need. Anyway, I won’t complain if a high ranked feature is not going to come any time soon.

• @celtic_elk said:

@krassmann said:

What’s the use case?. Is it for recording solos at half speed so when you put back at normal speed you sound like Eddie Van Halen?.

• edited March 2022

I do love this approach and with the pricing makes total sense as you'd want people to pay again. Release a number of steady staged updates to keep everyone happy then have a list of tasty updates in the working for year 2.

• Wow…Multi Core surpassed Midi Looping. Maybe the winner isn’t so obvious 😏
    Btw @Strizbiz

@Strizbiz said:
    I know it’s not on the roadmap but being able to export as an Ableton Live project would be amazing, but at the moment being able to save as a template would be a REAL timesaver when using my APC40 mk2

I added this request in Ideas suggestions but I never saw it appearing (not even in the Ideas section). I’m asking Michael if there is a problem there or if he is the only one who can see the suggestions

• @tahiche said:

@celtic_elk said:

@krassmann said:

What’s the use case?. Is it for recording solos at half speed so when you put back at normal speed you sound like Eddie Van Halen?.

Creating different textures. The octave-up sound from speed-doubling sounds different than just playing in that register at "normal" speed, assuming that your instrument has notes in that range available to begin with.

• edited March 2022

I'll switch from Ableton Live to Loopy Pro for both live performance and song building.
    +1 for native mac version
    + Automation tracks in sequencer

Let's unleash the full power of nowadays iPad CPUs.
    +1 for multi-core audio rendering

Is it really only one dev?! Holy! How many hidden secret brothers does Michael actually have? :D Much respect.

• Is this even possible? The holy grail of Ableton-to-iPad artists everywhere. Push 2 on iOS/iPadOS: many have tried, all have failed (unless I missed an important recent development).

• Oh missed this
    Ableton push 1 for me please

• @zilld2017 said:
    Is this even possible? The holy grail of Ableton-to-iPad artists everywhere. Push 2 on iOS/iPadOS: many have tried, all have failed (unless I missed an important recent development).

If any dev can do it, Michael can. This would be great.

• @Model10000 said:

@zilld2017 said:
    Is this even possible? The holy grail of Ableton-to-iPad artists everywhere. Push 2 on iOS/iPadOS: many have tried, all have failed (unless I missed an important recent development).

Is it possible to access the screen directly from ios? Direct usb access which push’s screen requires is generally blocked I thought?

• @cuberoo_ said:

@Model10000 said:

@zilld2017 said:

Is it possible to access the screen directly from ios? Direct usb access which push’s screen requires is generally blocked I thought?

for push1 I think it's simply midi (sysex)

• @Model10000 said:

When you buy an IOS app, you enter into an implicit contract with the (often solo) developer:
    you will use the app and provide optional feedback and the developer will try really hard NOT to get hit by a bus.

@Michael has extended this contract with a roadmap and fee structure to help him maintain his family going forward.

There are risks but developers are replaceable as are all users.

@Michael's karma is in good condition with:
    AudioBus (APIs and apps)
    Loopy
    ABF
    AB Wiki
    numerous web postings and interviews about IOS development history and best practices
    having a really cute kid

Long live, @Michael. Long Live ABF Users.

• 😅

I actually do have a literal "hit by a bus" document that my family and a few friends have access to 😁

• @Michael said:
    😅

I actually do have a literal "hit by a bus" document that my family and a few friends have access to 😁

You are a very proactive person. Not always very common among programmers I've known.

• Hmmm where. Can’t find the right site🤔
    https://www.kvraudio.com/readers-choice-awards/2022/

• Loopy is growing up.☝️ It will be nice to this in the near future.

• Wow, congrats @Michael, will be great for you to be on desktop!

• Omg.
    Desktop!
    Multi-out also on iOS?

• Simply amazing.

• @Lorichs said:
    Hmmm where. Can’t find the right site🤔
    https://www.kvraudio.com/readers-choice-awards/2022/

we missed voting , it was months ago