Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Loopy Pro as a DAW? With Midi sequencing? And Automation?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2022

@espiegel123 thank you for comment! Inspired, I added midi monitor as target and observed what come when I trigger two grouped clips (group tom-lat one at time), and there is definitelly random order of messages.

EDIT : delay of 40ms is ok, but order of messages should be always the same.
    For example when trigger one of donut, first can be sent „stop” follow action binded message and then „play” follow action binded message. If order is random, target parameter is sometimes enabled sometimes disabled. I hope my explanation is somehow clear.?

• @szczyp said:
    @espiegel123 thank you for comment! Inspired, I added midi monitor as target and observed what come when I trigger two grouped clips (group tom-lat one at time), and there is definitelly random order of messages.

EDIT : delay of 40ms is ok, but order of messages should be always the same.
    For example when trigger one of donut, first can be sent „stop” follow action binded message and then „play” follow action binded message. If order is random, target parameter is sometimes enabled sometimes disabled. I hope my explanation is somehow clear.?

Perhaps you can make a small test project and provide it to @Michael to make it easy to reproduce

• Sure I can - If needed. At now I screen recorded:https://youtu.be/Qibwcsy_-Rg

• @szczyp said:
    Sure I can - If needed. At now I screen recorded:https://youtu.be/Qibwcsy_-Rg

I think it saves time if he doesn't need to make a project himself -- there is a lot on his plate.

• edited August 2022

Right! Here is zipped project with two YELLOW donuts and midi monitor (from midi Tools) > atom pianoroll > maggellan.
    Simple clicking on donuts shows the problem.

EDIT; but generally the possibilities to trigger atom patterns from donut (Launchpad automap) or even from trigger buttons on screen in loopy is definitelly inspiring.

• @Michael : see post above

• Hi @szczyp

Yep I think I’ve had this exact problem. I reported it to @Michael some time ago on slack in the beta group.

I think it has something to do with the order that follow action messages are fired in a group set to only play one at a time.

If you have the donuts organised horizontally in a group it’s easier to explain, and it’s actually predictable easily reproduced…

Going from left to right, stop action of the first clip fires before play action of the next clip. All good. Going right to left, stop action of first clip fires after play action of next clip. Not good.

I have suggested that stop actions always fire before play actions, regardless of the order of the clips.

I made the attached project some time ago which demonstrates this without atom 2 needed in the project. If you look at the follow actions, you’ll see that when any of the clips are playing, the slider should be to the right. When the clips are stopped it should be to the left. This isn’t the case as you should be able to see.

As it happens, I did have a workaround for this that was working when I was sending midi notes to trigger patterns. However now that I’m using midi au params to trigger atom2, the workaround no longer works.

I hope we’re talking about the same thing @szczyp 😂

• @gregsmith said:
    Yep I think I’ve had this exact problem. I reported it to @Michael some time ago on slack in the beta group.

Great!

I think it has something to do with the order that follow action messages are fired in a group set to only play one at a time.

Exactly!

If you have the donuts organised horizontally in a group it’s easier to explain, and it’s actually predictable easily reproduced…

Going from left to right, stop action of the first clip fires before play action of the next clip. All good. Going right to left, stop action of first clip fires after play action of next clip. Not good.

>

I have suggested that stop actions always fire before play actions, regardless of the order of the clips.

I made the attached project some time ago which demonstrates this without atom 2 needed in the project. If you look at the follow actions, you’ll see that when any of the clips are playing, the slider should be to the right. When the clips are stopped it should be to the left. This isn’t the case as you should be able to see.

SMART!

As it happens, I did have a workaround for this that was working when I was sending midi notes to trigger patterns. However now that I’m using midi au params to trigger atom2, the workaround no longer works.

I tried yesterday with MIDI to launch clip, and note off are sometimes sent after note on, so the same situation like with au parameter „launch”

I hope we’re talking about the same thing @szczyp 😂

I think so!
    But in @Michael we trust, it will be fixed, I’m sure. Thank you for smarter easier describe the problem, and @espiegel123 also thanks for head up!