Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GuitarCapo+ updated and on sale

edited August 2014 in Creations

So, I've made a little demo playing with GuitarCapo+

Apps in the surroundings: Audiobus, AUFX:Space, Crystalline, JamUp, SoundPrism and a second with TC-Data.

Cheers!

Comments

• Sounds great. I already have the + version. Now I have to get Crystaline and maybe TC-Data too. I'd like to see another whole video with TC-Data playing GuitarCapo.

• Thank you :)

I'm not yet familiar enough with TC-Data to make a video on only that... Maybe someone else out there?

• edited August 2014

Hi all,

GuitarCapo+ 2.7.5 is out today. Also on sale $4.99->$3.99 this week :)

GuitarCapo+

GuitarCapo (free with IAP => GuitarCapo+)

• This is a must buy. I have three primary guitar apps I work with. This, Jam Maestro, and iFretless Guitar.

This app is really great and the + features are well worth the upgrade.

• shakes one fist at @johnfromberkeley for enabling while opening the other with his pocket money in it...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

shakes one fist at @johnfromberkeley for enabling while opening the other with his pocket money in it...

Sorry, @JohnnyGoodyear. The way I look at this stuff is it's the price of a cup of coffee. Then I still buy the coffee. : )

But seriously, when I was a kid, I'd drool over synths that cost thousands of dollars. Now they can sit in your pocket for under $10.

• @johnfromberkeley I'm with you, believe me. I used to think nothing of buying a nice bottle(s) of wine every night, this addiction is way cheaper. May not be easier on the wife's ears, but leaves my liver alone mostly...

• I like the look of this app a lot but have not idea what I would do with it. For $4 and 77 MB of storage, it seems wedged between versions of two things I already have: music theory apps (like Chord! and Guitar Master), and guitar simulator app (Guitarism). Am I missing something?

• edited August 2014

Panning per string (see Doug's video) and the ability to control it with midi. Guitarism is awesome, so is GuitarCapo+, in slightly different ways and work well in tandem (4p).

• Anyone know if there is any way to increase or decrease the default strum speed for chords?

• @boone51 said:

Anyone know if there is any way to increase or decrease the default strum speed for chords?

Hi there!

GuitarCapo dev here.

Thank you for asking! At the moment it is not possible to adjust the strum speed. This is something I actually already have one my secret improvement-list, have been up by others too :) Please follow future updates, GuitarCapo+ will continue to improve and user comments/wishes are very much appreciated. Thanks!

• so you can control it with midi but does it have both midi in and out?

• @kobamoto said:

so you can control it with midi but does it have both midi in and out?

At the moment there is only MIDI in

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

shakes one fist at @johnfromberkeley for enabling while opening the other with his pocket money in it...

Lol, That fist shaking slowly turns to fist pumping.

• man, thats the same way guitarism is…. this app looks great but I can't sequence the app
    swipes with my hardware sequencer. I would really like to do so is there any chance of an update?

• edited August 2014

@kobamoto said:

man, thats the same way guitarism is…. this app looks great but I can't sequence the app
    swipes with my hardware sequencer. I would really like to do so is there any chance of an update?

It is not planned in the near future. I think what you are looking for is the Quadroplay section in guitarism (IAP) which is great. Also work like a sharm controlling GuitarCapo+ :)

• yep love the quadroplay feature of guitarism, but what I'm talking about is starting recording on my hardware sequencer and then playing guitar capo and recording my movements as a midi sequence. with midi in, it is possible to trigger your app from my sequencer, but without midi out, it is not possible to trigger your app from your app, while recording it into my sequencer. This is not possible in guitarism either.

• edited August 2014

@boone51 said:

Anyone know if there is any way to increase or decrease the default strum speed for chords?

I use ChordPolyPad for this. Here is a screenshot of the strumming interface. I've actually run iFretless Guitar through toneStack, and gotten some very punky sounding crunchy stuff. I literally sit up two different pads for up and down strums of the same chord, and alternate. Finally, you can use midiSequencer to drive chordpolypad for some really fast wicked strumming.

Edit: somehow the forum cropped my picture, so I uploaded it to my flickr: http://flic.kr/p/ozL6VW

• ChordPolyPad. Of course. That's brilliant, thanks.

• @kobamoto said:

yep love the quadroplay feature of guitarism, but what I'm talking about is starting recording on my hardware sequencer and then playing guitar capo and recording my movements as a midi sequence. with midi in, it is possible to trigger your app from my sequencer, but without midi out, it is not possible to trigger your app from your app, while recording it into my sequencer. This is not possible in guitarism either.

I'm not sure how that should be done, but it certainly sounds interesting! Wonder if Doug (thesoundtestroom) have made a video doing that (?). Maybe you could do this by using MidiBridge?

• edited August 2014

Hi @tonappas, enjoying the app. I think the addition of the strum speed would be a great thing. On top of that, a comment earlier in this thread about the link to ChordPolyPad made me start thinking it would be nice to have an up strum available too. Perhaps it could be on the bottom half of the chord in the lower right or on each of them in chord view. Just a thought. Might be nice to have half the pad strum one way and the other go ...well the other way. Well, anyway, hope you understand what I'm saying. It looks like there's plenty of room to split them horizontally to me. Figured I'd throw that out there while you're taking requests. ;-)

• @tonappas said:

@kobamoto said:

yep love the quadroplay feature of guitarism, but what I'm talking about is starting recording on my hardware sequencer and then playing guitar capo and recording my movements as a midi sequence. with midi in, it is possible to trigger your app from my sequencer, but without midi out, it is not possible to trigger your app from your app, while recording it into my sequencer. This is not possible in guitarism either.

I'm not sure how that should be done, but it certainly sounds interesting! Wonder if Doug (thesoundtestroom) have made a video doing that (?). Maybe you could do this by using MidiBridge?

I don't think Doug has done anything like that at least that I know of, I don't think he uses a hardware sequencer like an mpc or some other, but for any communication going both ways from an instrument to a sequencer be it hardware or software is just the result of having both a midi in and a midi out. guitar capo is halfway there :)

• @johnfromberkeley you're brilliant. Thanks ever-so-much for the ChordPolyPad tip.

• @boone51 said:

Hi @tonappas, enjoying the app. I think the addition of the strum speed would be a great thing. On top of that, a comment earlier in this thread about the link to ChordPolyPad made me start thinking it would be nice to have an up strum available too. Perhaps it could be on the bottom half of the chord in the lower right or on each of them in chord view. Just a thought. Might be nice to have half the pad strum one way and the other go ...well the other way. Well, anyway, hope you understand what I'm saying. It looks like there's plenty of room to split them horizontally to me. Figured I'd throw that out there while you're taking requests. ;-)

Great suggestion! You made my mind get into idea-mode ;) Thanks!

@kobamoto I think I understand. Since I'm pushed into idea mode it will for sure be looked at! :)