Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio thing noises… worth €45?

Quick question for anyone who bought Noises by Audiothing. Is it worth it? I love drones and ambience and all that stuff, but I’ve never bought a vst for my laptop, my eventual aim would be to sample things I make with it to make my usual loops. I have playpits already, but I’m just too scared of drambo, I get sort of anxiety every time I load it up!! Is Noises a good tool, or too reliant on Hainbach’s sound ( I love his stuff, but I don’t just want to copy him)

Comments

• I kinda had to get this, I’ve got tons of samples that I’ve made of random things I’ve either built or just recorded. It’s a really sweet way to explore those without too much editing pain…

• @Krupa said:
    I kinda had to get this, I’ve got tons of samples that I’ve made of random things I’ve either built or just recorded. It’s a really sweet way to explore those without too much editing pain…

that’s what I wanna hear, it’s still good using your own samples!? I think I’ll have to pick it up

• Yeah, to be honest, I rally didn’t get it for the included ones at all; they’re nice and all but mostly I’m lazy and can use any way to explore the nonsense I make much more than the nonsense someone else has made 😁

I mean that in the most respectful manner possible, Hainbach has been a major factor and inspiration in me getting where I am right now…

• @Krupa said:
    Yeah, to be honest, I rally didn’t get it for the included ones at all; they’re nice and all but mostly I’m lazy and can use any way to explore the nonsense I make much more than the nonsense someone else has made 😁

I mean that in the most respectful manner possible, Hainbach has been a major factor and inspiration in me getting where I am right now…

Hahaha fair enough, that’s all I need I think!

• @sevenape said:

@Krupa said:
    Yeah, to be honest, I rally didn’t get it for the included ones at all; they’re nice and all but mostly I’m lazy and can use any way to explore the nonsense I make much more than the nonsense someone else has made 😁

And thanks!!

• @sevenape said:

@sevenape said:

@Krupa said:

And thanks!!

You’re most welcome 👍👍

• edited March 2022

To be honest I don't have the money right now, but it wasn't for me anyway. I really felt like it was little more than some interesting noise to play in the background of an existing track. I think Cableguys Noiseshaper is a much better option and is more musical.

• @sevenape said:
    Quick question for anyone who bought Noises by Audiothing. Is it worth it?

Why not download the demo and give it a try.

• I think this is one of those plug-ins that you instinctively know if you want it. If you're not sure, it probably isn't for you.

In that case, check out Audiothing Wires if you haven't already; Also a Hainback/Audiothing collaboration it is really good for making background noise tracks. Just leave it running with nothing going through it and playing with the mic/speaker+ the hiss and motor noise and you have a built in noise generator that can add character to anything in a subtle or not so subtle way. (NIN often add(ed) noise/hiss tracks to the mix to help glue it all together)

Plus it makes for a really nice delay which feeds back really nicely in a useable way.

I've used Wires on loads of stuff now, and rarely to make anything sound like it was recorded on a soviet Wire recorder.

• Bought it! Already made 2 banks with samples from the bbc website, this could get addictive!

• @klownshed said:
    I think this is one of those plug-ins that you instinctively know if you want it. If you're not sure, it probably isn't for you.

In that case, check out Audiothing Wires if you haven't already; Also a Hainback/Audiothing collaboration it is really good for making background noise tracks. Just leave it running with nothing going through it and playing with the mic/speaker+ the hiss and motor noise and you have a built in noise generator that can add character to anything in a subtle or not so subtle way. (NIN often add(ed) noise/hiss tracks to the mix to help glue it all together)

Plus it makes for a really nice delay which feeds back really nicely in a useable way.

I've used Wires on loads of stuff now, and rarely to make anything sound like it was recorded on a soviet Wire recorder.

Really want wires, maybe now I’ve got something to put through it!

• @Ailerom said:
    To be honest I don't have the money right now, but it wasn't for me anyway. I really felt like it was little more than some interesting noise to play in the background of an existing track. I think Cableguys Noiseshaper is a much better option and is more musical.

Oh no! Something else to lust after!?

• Managed to get a free code when Doug was demo it so was well happy with that. It’s pretty cool in what it does.

• @sevenape said:

@Ailerom said:

Oh no! Something else to lust after!?

I got it when it came out for a reduced price as part of the bundle. But to me that is where it's at for blending in noise. Of course it doesn't have the specific machinery that Hainbach has but you can use whatever you want. Search the internet and blend in back to back farts if that's your thing. I found trains to be pretty cool in some cases.

• Here is my live stream for Noises, it also features Gong Amp, Wires and a load of other Hainbach stuff😊

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my live stream for Noises, it also features Gong Amp, Wires and a load of other Hainbach stuff😊

I bought it! And your video was helpful!!