Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I think Retronyms' new video for Stryke is off the charts awesomeness. What about the app?

Check it out. It shreds!

Comments

• Can't tell if sarcastic or serious...

• It's the 80's dude! Doug @thesoundtestroom will love this one for sure (he might not admit it though:). Naw, who doesn't love the 80's?

• edited June 2014

I was lucky enough to get a pre-release standalone copy of this a few weeks ago. I does produce some very good 80's pad/strings/guitar sounds. I didn't think that I would use it that much due to the playing style layout, but now it's Tabletop ready it's a lot more useful. Not for everyone maybe and the colour scheme is perhaps a tad garish, but a nice addition anyway.

Also in the Tabletop update Retronyms have added the precision knobs as seen in the iMPC Pro videos.

• Anybody try to buy this?I tried but keep getting the message"this item is no longer available" which I find kinda funny since it only came out today.It can't be that bad....

• edited June 2014

Yeah, same here. I see it was updated already today so I am guessing that's why we are getting the not available message.

Edit: Just tried again and it is finally available.

• oh man they're gonna make us pay for all these videos with the impc pro price

• Ha, I bought it yesterday, the only way I coukd get it to diwnload was through Tabletop and then it took ages. I'll do a demo but its fairly limited in sounds but it dies sound like the 80's which is cool for me, lol, also am I missing something or does it only have one pad sound, cant wait to have a blast iMPC Pro though

• The extra preset has a different pad. Think there will be more pads on other ones they do hopefully.
    I can't get if to work in Tabletop. Bought from the iTunes Store, not through tabletop.
    There's a button in Stryke to take you to tabletop but it's not in the list of instruments???

• No probs here. Works in Tabletop ok.

• Sorry, works now, I hadn't updated Tabletop...

This is quite nice sequencing in Tabletop. Could do with some more sounds though.

• Heres a demo I just finished

• Hmm... Is this all?

• Looks really boring, not my kind of app

• Not my kind of brew.

• edited June 2014

It was fun to mess around with for 5 mins , but not something I'll get much use out of I suspect. I also find Tabletop to be too glitchy to bother with - nice idea but just doesn't work smoothly enough for me,even on my iPad Air .

• I don't get any glitches on my Mini Retina...

• I never had any glitch problems with Tabletop unless I overloaded the cpu. We should be able to intergrate Tabletop into Audiobus with IOS 8 so thats good news

• @thesoundtestroom said:

I never had any glitch problems with Tabletop unless I overloaded the cpu. We should be able to intergrate Tabletop into Audiobus with IOS 8 so thats good news

No, that's not how it's going to work unless Retronyms add Audiobus support to Tabletop.

• I think that he means that when Audiobus supports IAA it should work:-)

• I don't know of any app that supports the newest AB SDK and don't support IAA that would make it worth being excited about.

If I want Thor and Animoog to update, then I'd hope they'd update to IAA as well not just to the newest AB SDK. Same goes for all the Korg apps.

• Yeah correct me if I'm wrong, @Sebastian, but apps that are already IAA compatible will need to also add Audiobus support if they haven't already, yes? It seems some people are confused about this.

Essentially, the new Audiobus SDK turns Audiobus into a super powered IAA routing hub.

• Sebastian commented in that Discchord article that: "if an app supports Audiobus 2.1, then it'll also support Inter-App Audio from now on." which leads me to believe that you could load any AB 2.1 supporting app into Tabletop's Mastermind or Zignal.

• edited June 2014

@PHᐃNTᐃSM said:

Yeah correct me if I'm wrong, @Sebastian, but apps that are already IAA compatible will need to also add Audiobus support if they haven't already, yes?

Yes.

Essentially, the new Audiobus SDK turns Audiobus into a super powered IAA routing hub.

No. Audiobus will only route Audiobus Compatible apps. But Audiobus Compatible apps will also be IAA only nodes, if you want to use them that way.

• @Sebastian said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

I never had any glitch problems with Tabletop unless I overloaded the cpu. We should be able to intergrate Tabletop into Audiobus with IOS 8 so thats good news

No, that's not how it's going to work unless Retronyms add Audiobus support to Tabletop.

>

Which is very unlikely.