Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Did anyone see the movie, Whiplash?

2»

Comments

• @McD said:

@NeuM said:

@McD said:

@NeuM said:

@McD said:
    You can split J.K. Simmons into two different people by watching the excellent Series "Counterpart".

Now that was an interesting series.

Great concept movie, right? J.K. hits it out of the part. Almost as good as what Tatiana Maslany pulled off in "Orphan Black".

I liked Counterpart more. JK Simmons is the consummate pro actor.

Me too. But the 20 some odd roles Maslany essays in orphan black is a record for range and
    worth checking out. The show had 96 award nominations and 69 wins.

I agree that Counterpart is a much more satisfying creation. It received little critical notice:
    1 award for main theme design and 12 nominations. But it appears having a massive PR effort is required to win these industry awards. (Cue Will Smith speech and the audience giving him a standing ovation him the night he killed his career).

What is this thread about? Oh, yeah. Whiplash... talk about over rated directors. I was so happy when La La Land was announced as Oscar Movie of the Year and then they said "Oops... never mind. It rightfully belongs to Moonlight."

Talk about an underrated director. I still haven't made my way through "The Underground Railroad"... too painful to contemplate the actual history of race in America. Which brings us back to another meaning of "Whiplash". BLM.

I was more pleasantly surprised with "La La Land" than I thought I would be. Just saw that one recently.

• My formal music education was short-lived, so my opinion may not carry much weight. I simply felt the movie was overly dramatic.

Metal Lords on the other hand, I really liked. I’m disciplined enough to ignore the TV most times— only my son and wife actively watch—but my wife was into the beginning of Metal Lords, but I couldn’t resist watching it’s entirety.

I was never even a metal fan, nor did I dislike it, but was exposed to quite a bit from growing up with friends who listened to it.

But I feel this movie speaks to anyone who felt strongly about the genre they listened to during their youth, especially if the genre has already been played out. That’s what makes this movie funny, it takes place today, but the main character is a purist prick who learns his lesson. Good soundtracks too, both old and newer.

• @McD said:

@NeuM said:

@McD said:
    You can split J.K. Simmons into two different people by watching the excellent Series "Counterpart".

Now that was an interesting series.

Great concept movie, right? J.K. hits it out of the part. Almost as good as what Tatiana Maslany pulled off in "Orphan Black".

Loved Orphan Black and she was perfect for it. Quite brilliantly done.

• The film's ending reminded me of the conclusion of cult writer Richard Bachman's novel The Long Walk. (Having said that, an outstandingly talented writer (such as Stephen King) would tell me that you don't get it).

• capitalist training camp competition filth.
    sado-masochistic "Music Industry" nightmares.

• Yes. Unfortunately

• No, but the title for whatever reason made me recall listening to and roaring at Roy D. Mercer’s prank calls as a middle school kid.

In one he calls to harass an insurance agent or car company or something because he had a wreck and “got the whooplash.” Ah, childhood.

• edited November 2022

Can I watch it with my kids, or is it too much for a family movie? And by the way, thanks for the other recommendations. I haven’t watched any movies in so long, and I want to start.
    What platform would you recommend for watching movies? I know most paid streaming services have a limited number of movies in their libraries, and I’m not sure whether I want to pay for that. I already paid for a Netflix account, and getting something else would be too expensive. There’s another option - 999flix, but it’s piracy. I think piracy is fine if you do it because of poverty, just like I do.