Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BEATSURFING 2 by DRUW Audio

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1579693136

Description:

BEATSURFING transforms Music production and performance.
Using a systemic approach to music creation, BEATSURFING opens the door to creative expression like never before. With our movement-based approach, you can quickly sketch out ideas, integrate them into your music and use your creations for a compelling live performance.

Get inspired
Looking for that perfect snare, or you sampled the perfect kick? Browse other producers’ instruments or layouts then tweak or replace them with your own samples to get the perfect sound.
This is only the beginning! The app is currently in Early Access with a focus on Drum instruments. We are working hard to expand the functionality of BEATSURFING, from expanding the current Ableton link integration to integrating with all DAWS and controllers.

We have many things coming soon:

• Looper with multiple layers
  • Customize and design interactions between instruments
  • Midi In (play with external controller)
  • Melody based instruments
  • More visual customization
  • Additional effects and filters
  • An ever-growing catalog of instruments
    Have questions or ideas? We want to hear your thoughts. Reach out to [email protected] and let us know what you would like to see!

Terms of use: https://www.beatsurfing.com/beatsurfing-terms-of-use/
Privacy policy: https://www.beatsurfing.com/privacy-policy/

Details:
Universal: No
Minimum OS version: 12.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• it looks fab but is subscription only
    no deal for me :(

• Shame it’s a normal subscription and not like the Loopy Pro model. Had the first version years ago it was ok but never really took off.

• no way. Pass

• Subscription = no thanks. Looks interesting though ... if they did a Loopy Pro model, then maybe ...

• Had the original and seldom used it too, soo no way I’m gonna subscribe. Wish the dev luck though.

• I loved the original and been waiting on this since the developer said he was working on sample import on first edition.

But why oh why is it a sub 😞

• Had a 5 minute play seems quite buggy with screen freezes and delays so not for me.

• Even before I learned it was subscription, phrases like “using a systemic approach to music creation…“ tell me this is probably not for me.

• “Beatsurfing is an epic, game changing, Loopy Pro and Drambo killer.”

— Rolling Stoned

• This looks really fun. I like the design and the vibe. I like how they launched with the live DJ performance. I can see how it has a model for IAP packs that makes sense and should keep bringing money in. It’s fun, I wish the developers the greatest success! But the subscription model is a no for me too. I hope they find their market where the subscription is viable or change their payment model. 🤷‍♂️

• edited February 2022

It's pretty nuts to start charging a pretty hefty subscription when the app is still effectively in early access. However, apparently there is a decent level of functionality in there for free (I haven't tried it out yet!)

Here's what one of the devs wrote on Facebook (as you would probably expect, the subscription is getting absolutely slammed over there):

Hey everyone Erik here from BEATSURFING,
    Thanks for your interest and feedback!
    First, to clarify what’s free and what’s not… As a free user, you will have access to all the available functions and 4 tweakable instruments. As a Subscriber, you will have access to all the instruments available and all the new ones coming.
    We will add more and more instruments every month to the BEATSURFING Catalog, lots of them for subscribers and a few cool ones for everybody. All those instruments are made in-house and in collaboration with a bunch of different producers and artists.
    We’re also happy to hear that you already thought about AUV3 and other features that are on the roadmap. Since this is early access, your feedback is very important to us as we want to make it grow together. We know it’s not perfect yet but it’s only the beginning!
    After 16 months of development, we wanted to get it on the store asap. We could have worked one more year to have all the features and platforms people want. But even if our team of 9 is passionate, we need your support. And if you don’t feel that’s worth it, no hard feelings, you can still use the app for free and enjoy it as is.
    The subscription will go to help us keep developing and will pay the artists and producers we are working with for their contribution to the app.
    We’re looking forward to seeing how producers and performers will use BEATSURFING. It has been a tremendous amount of effort to make it happen, hope you will have as much fun using it as we do!

• edited February 2022

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    It's pretty nuts to start charging a pretty hefty subscription when the app is still effectively in early access. However, apparently there is a decent level of functionality in there for free (I haven't tried it out yet!)

Here's what one of the devs wrote on Facebook (as you would probably expect, the subscription is getting absolutely slammed over there):

First, to clarify what’s free and what’s not… As a free user, you will have access to all the available functions and 4 tweakable instruments. As a Subscriber, you will have access to all the instruments available and all the new ones coming.
    We will add more and more instruments every month to the BEATSURFING Catalog, lots of them for subscribers and a few cool ones for everybody. All those instruments are made in-house and in collaboration with a bunch of different producers and artists.
    We’re also happy to hear that you already thought about AUV3 and other features that are on the roadmap. Since this is early access, your feedback is very important to us as we want to make it grow together. We know it’s not perfect yet but it’s only the beginning!
    After 16 months of development, we wanted to get it on the store asap. We could have worked one more year to have all the features and platforms people want. But even if our team of 9 is passionate, we need your support. And if you don’t feel that’s worth it, no hard feelings, you can still use the app for free and enjoy it as is.
    The subscription will go to help us keep developing and will pay the artists and producers we are working with for their contribution to the app.
    We’re looking forward to seeing how producers and performers will use BEATSURFING. It has been a tremendous amount of effort to make it happen, hope you will have as much fun using it as we do!

Which FB group is this in?

[Edit: found it - iPad Musicians]

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

That’s not so bad.
    Subscribe for sound presets is ok with me.

• edited February 2022

@White said:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/id1579693136

Description:

BEATSURFING transforms Music production and performance.
    Using a systemic approach to music creation, BEATSURFING opens the door to creative expression like never before. With our movement-based approach, you can quickly sketch out ideas, integrate them into your music and use your creations for a compelling live performance.

Get inspired
    Looking for that perfect snare, or you sampled the perfect kick? Browse other producers’ instruments or layouts then tweak or replace them with your own samples to get the perfect sound.
    This is only the beginning! The app is currently in Early Access with a focus on Drum instruments. We are working hard to expand the functionality of BEATSURFING, from expanding the current Ableton link integration to integrating with all DAWS and controllers.

We have many things coming soon:

• Looper with multiple layers
    • Customize and design interactions between instruments
    • Midi In (play with external controller)
    • Melody based instruments
    • More visual customization
    • Additional effects and filters
    • An ever-growing catalog of instruments
      Have questions or ideas? We want to hear your thoughts. Reach out to [email protected] and let us know what you would like to see!

Terms of use: https://www.beatsurfing.com/beatsurfing-terms-of-use/
    Privacy policy: https://www.beatsurfing.com/privacy-policy/

Details:
    Universal: No
    Minimum OS version: 12.0
    Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Issues with subscription models aside (I have them too) this release is a very interesting development pardon the pun.

The original version of Beatsurfing was a Herrmutt Lobby project, he is the dev that makes Playground.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/playground-organic-remix/id963753435

It seems that another dev took over the software or at least the “seller”. Though it looks like
    Herrmutt Lobby’s name is on the instrument objects in the app…

The hope kicking around on the forum a while back was that eventually the ultra-cool Playground would handle user samples…and allow more user input on the controller objects in the app. Playground was became a mostly performance app and a platform for buying sample sets

His Beatsurfing preceded Playground, and was a bit glitchy and limited, but was an attempt to do what this does. A lot glitchy on older devices.

There was a time when the Playground app and the first Beatsurfing got a lot of forum attention.

The now deprecated and fantastic KRFT roughly covered the same ground…

Institutional memories from old forum dude.

• It looks really cool. But I instantly shy away from subscriptions. Yea I think Loopy Pro Nailed the IAP model without subscriptions.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    “Beatsurfing is an epic, game changing, Loopy Pro and Drambo killer.”

— Rolling Stoned

Whoa, that’s a very bold statement.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    “Beatsurfing is an epic, game changing, Loopy Pro and Drambo killer.”

— Rolling Stoned

The only thing it’ll kill for sure is your wallet😊😊

• Looked REALLY interesting until I saw the subscription. Screw that dude.

• edited February 2022

If it was like Wotja and I had the option of subscription, but ALSO the option of paying once for a PERMANENT app that would work even AFTER they put out a new yearly version, then I’d bite.

As it stands now ANY app that stops working after you stop paying a monthly subscription is just holding you hostage.

Dear devs think of it this way. If you work in an app and the app manages your projects and files that you made in the app, if you stop paying those projects then become useless.

Why would any creative settle for only a rendered copy of a project they made when creativity comes unpredictably. If you wanted to make a change you have to pony up $. What if you have inspiration but no funds at the time…

Paying once yearly for an app that doesn’t stop working, and pay if you want the newest improvements (NOT BUG FIXES) is fine.

Subscriptions are a no go.

It’s not that hard
    It’s been the model on the desktop for decades

(Also the hell with you Adobe)

• This is like the Launchpad subscription, right?
    The free app works forever, you subscribe to access a sound library (presets or sample packs).
    But you can still use your own.

At least, that is how I interpreted the devs’ alleged Facebook post that was posted further up the thread.

• Subscriptions are like doing a poo. You have to keep up those deposits if you like the game. But if ever you should stop. The game is over.

• edited February 2022

They have a team of NINE to make this?

No wonder they need to charge a $ubscription :smiley:

Free to downoad so worth checking out I guess.

• @Simon said:

You know what else is free to download?

• @Ailerom said:

Donald Trump's "Truth Social" app...?

• @Simon said:

@Ailerom said:

🤣🤣🤣

• edited February 2022

@Simon said:

Free one does do some interesting stuff. Can make a table of your samples, with a few different ways to trigger, then record performance and export stems. I do get crashes when deleting objects though that may be because I’m a bit too quick on changes to layout.

• @Simon said:

@Ailerom said:

Thanks for the tip?😁

• Whew tough crowd today haha. Gonna try the free download and see how I like it. I don’t necessarily like subscriptions either (though I do have a couple of them unfortunately), so would be awesome if they bring in a full unlock price.

• @Simon said:

¯_(ツ)_/¯

They like to roll mad deep.

It IS worth checking out. It’s working on my mini2 so far. It seems to only be sluggish when the start/tips guide is opened. Otherwise, my device is handling the same equivalent of samples in Koala along with arps and other midi utilities in AUM.
    But my setups generally tend to be minimal, and I bounce a couple times in AUM from tracks creations to mastering. I haven’t done performance style songs since KRFT.
    It’s still early yet to assess. But it’s fun so far and as a fan of BS1, less frustrating!

• edited February 2022

@Ailerom said:

@Simon said:

@Ailerom said:

Thanks for the tip?😁

Yes, Trump's app is free. You can't put a price on the truth :smiley: