Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Forum hanging? [SOLVED]

2»

Comments

• But I am not saying that those "0.jpg" are the problem - they just did not get loaded, it seems.

• @tja said:
    But I am not saying that those "0.jpg" are the problem - they just did not get loaded, it seems.

Do you have an ad blocker plug-in installed in your browser? Since these images are Ableton related that might be flagged as a site serving ads so they are ignored. Just a guess.

• tjatja
    edited February 2022

@McD said:

@tja said:
    But I am not saying that those "0.jpg" are the problem - they just did not get loaded, it seems.

Do you have an ad blocker plug-in installed in your browser? Since these images are Ableton related that might be flagged as a site serving ads so they are ignored. Just a guess.

I tried without any Extension and also with disabling the Safari content blocker.
    That did not change the behavior.

It's a mystery 😅

• @tja said:
    I tried without any Extension and also with disabling the Safari content blocker.

It's a mystery 😅

Maybe try with a different web broswer?

• Yes the whole forum was quite often slow or not loading for me, was a couple of weeks ago, lasted for several days, then was okay again, a few other’s experienced the same but not everyone. Seems fine here though now.

• @Simon said:

@tja said:

It's a mystery 😅

Maybe try with a different web broswer?

Good idea!

I tried Chrome, did not login switched to page 5 of that thread and then tapped on page 6 - and Chrome did hang the same way!

• @tja said:
    I tried Chrome, did not login switched to page 5 of that thread and then tapped on page 6 - and Chrome did hang the same way!

Another thing to try would be to take your iPad to a friend's place and use their internet connection to connect to the forum and see if there are problems.

If there are no problems then it is probably your net connection.

• tjatja
    edited February 2022

@Simon said:

@tja said:

Another thing to try would be to take your iPad to a friend's place and use their internet connection to connect to the forum and see if there are problems.

If there are no problems then it is probably your net connection.

I already tried both by DSL (with router) and my mobile connection (SIM card in iPad), which are two different providers. Also, I have another provider with my iPhones mobile connection - also the same.

• edited February 2022

@tja said:
    I already tried both by DSL (with router) and my mobile connection (SIM card in iPad), which are two different providers. Also, I have another provider with my iPhones mobile connection - also the same.

OK, get a friend to come to your house and connect to your internet connection as a guest and get them to access the forum using your net connection with their iOS device. If they have a laptop get them to bring that as well and try that.

If it works ok for them then it is something about the way you have set up your iPhone and iPad: maybe the conbination of software you have installed.

• I said last time it was probably a server issue, which seems to have been confirmed, let’s hope the host service sort’s it out soon.

• @Simon said:

@tja said:

OK, get a friend to come to your house and connect to your internet connection as a guest and get them to access the forum using your net connection with their iOS device. If they have a laptop get them to bring that as well and try that.

If it works ok for them then it is something about the way you have set up your iPhone and iPad: maybe the conbination of software you have installed.

Sure not :-D

But....

I have my trusty iPad Pro 9.7 which sits on iPadOS 15.1 and while it has the same Extensions loaded, on this device the page does NOT hang!

So, this could be related to iPadOS 15.3.1

• @tja said:
    So, this could be related to iPadOS 15.3.1

I am still on 14, so i don't know about that.

Maybe others on iOS15 can tell you if they are having problems.

• @Michael said:
    I just disabled Gravatar. @tja how’s that for you now?

This disables most user avatars for me.

I hadn't experienced any slowdowns previously BTW.

• No hangs or slowdowns here either and I guess I'm a quite 'heavy' user of the forum :sunglasses:

• tjatja
    edited February 2022

I found the cause.

And yes, it was my "own" fault.
    Some aspect I had forgotten about:

I am using the 1Blocker App and for my tests, I also disabled it.

But ...

I forgot, that the App comes with a generic firewall which works over a VPN - which is even enabled without any internet enabled.

I found this, after trying to load a webarchive of the page, which opens in Readdle Documents and also Documents could not load the archive, even after disabling internet access.

Only then, I remembered the VPN, disabled it - and Documents could load the webarchive!
    And the older iPads simply does not have this enabled - which is, why it worked on this.

I contacted the developer of 1Blocker.

Sorry for all of your time!!!

• Still, if a URL that is contacted by a webpage does not response, the webpage should not just stop loading!
    This is still a very strange behavior.

The more strange as I get the same hanging without internet connection at all and while loading a webarchive with the Documents App.

• @tja said:
    Still, if a URL that is contacted by a webpage does not response, the webpage should not just stop loading!

The more strange as I get the same hanging without internet connection at all and while loading a webarchive with the Documents App.

A webarchive may still include external links, such as YouTube videos, which were not downloaded.

And yes, normally blocked items in a webpage are ignored. I use Privacy Pro, and it blocks lots of stuff but causes no problems. Your firewall must have been doing more than just blocking sites, maybe blocking DNS access, something that stopped the Apple WebKit dead.

• tjatja
    edited February 2022

@uncledave said:

@tja said:
    Still, if a URL that is contacted by a webpage does not response, the webpage should not just stop loading!

A webarchive may still include external links, such as YouTube videos, which were not downloaded.

In my book, opening a webarchive should never try to connect something in the internet - that's the whole point of a webarchive ;-)

But it seems, Safari and other Apps generally do this wrong ...
    I often need to disable internet access to use a webarchive. Sad thing.

And yes, normally blocked items in a webpage are ignored. I use Privacy Pro, and it blocks lots of stuff but causes no problems. Your firewall must have been doing more than just blocking sites, maybe blocking DNS access, something that stopped the Apple WebKit dead.

I cannot find a Privacy Pro App ... it's not in my App Store.