Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton free packs ... download possible?!?

There are 11 free packs shown on https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/#?item_type=free

But ...

For me, any and all of the "Download" buttons are greyed out and do ... nothing.

I already disabled any content blockers, Ad-blockers and Extensions in Safari, but the situation stays the same.

Just wanted to know if this is the same for YOU :-)

Comments

• edited February 2022

I think (but may be wrong) that you need to be logged in AND have registered a version of Live.

• edited February 2022

Correct. The audio files in the packs are protected and can’t be used outside Live either.

• Confirmed. You have to be logged in to their site.

• Many many thanks, @Gratouilli @Tarekith and @wim !!!
    Never came to that idea ...

They COULD pop up a hint :D

• tjatja
    edited February 2022

Ohh ....

I am logged in, and checking my Account, I can see my Live 11 Lite license!

Very strange.

I hate such things ... should probably just stay at Reaper and Bitwig, which I both already love :smiley:

• Sorry, I was on a different page.

I see what you're seeing now for some of the packs. If I look above the greyed out download button, I see in small letters that I need "You need Live 9 Standard or above."

So I assume this free pack is only available for people with Standard licenses, not Lite.

• I tried to contact technical support, but that was not possible - so I tried Sales / Licenses instead :smiley:

• @wim said:
    Sorry, I was on a different page.

I see what you're seeing now for some of the packs. If I look above the greyed out download button, I see in small letters that I need "You need Live 9 Standard or above."

So I assume this free pack is only available for people with Standard licenses, not Lite.

I only tried those that mentioned "Lite" ...

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@tja said:

@wim said:
    Sorry, I was on a different page.

I only tried those that mentioned "Lite" ...

On the list page for me, when logged in, the page clearly shows what I'm entitled to. Those buttons are blue and the rest are greyed out, with the requirements for each above the button.

If you're not seeing that, maybe cookies settings? I dunno.

• As for why they require logging in, I see nothing nefarious in that. They probably need to track that information in order to pay royalties to content creators or for other purposes.

• tjatja
    edited February 2022

Thanks, @wim

Something seems to be broken ...

But ...

All buttons look the same, on the whole page - and none works, also not those that state "Live * Lite or above"

• @wim said:
    As for why they require logging in, I see nothing nefarious in that. They probably need to track that information in order to pay royalties to content creators or for other purposes.

I have no problem with that.

But they do not state this requirement, it seems - otherwise, I did not try when logged out.
    Anyways ... it does not work :-(

• I dunno. Maybe try from a different browser? I'm guessing it's something to do with the way you (admirably) lock things down, but have nothing to back that up.

• @tja said:
    Thanks, @wim

Something seems to be broken ...

But ...

All buttons look the same, on the whole page - and none works, also not those that state "Live * Lite or above"

It's, perhaps, only for "paid" Live version ? Even the "Lite" may refer to a bundled kind of version πŸ€”.

• @wim said:
    I dunno. Maybe try from a different browser? I'm guessing it's something to do with the way you (admirably) lock things down, but have nothing to back that up.

This!

I started Firefox, logged into Ableton and now the "Lite" packs have a blue clickable button!

Many thanks for you help, @wim

I need to find out, why Safari does not work ...
    On macOS, I prefer Safari over Firefox.

• @Gratouilli said:
    It's, perhaps, only for "paid" Live version ? Even the "Lite" may refer to a bundled kind of version πŸ€”.

I've never paid a dime for Live and I see some of them available.

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@tja said:

Safari on the latest MacOS is fine for me here. I don't have it locked down much though.
    I'm glad Firefox worked for you.

• @wim said:

@tja said:

Safari on the latest MacOS is fine for me here. I don't have it locked down much though.
    I'm glad Firefox worked for you.

I removed all Safari extensions, disabled the Safari content blocker for ableton.com and restarted Safari - same situation.

Strange.

I am on Monterey 12.2.1 on Mac Mini M1

No idea what else to test ... maybe Ableton support has an idea.

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

I'm on the same version of MacOS, though not on an M1. I can't imagine the M1 being a factor. You could spend countless hours trying to find why with all the mods you've done to MacOS security settings. I would just walk away since the problem has been worked around, but that's just me.

• @wim said:
    I'm on the same version of MacOS, though not on an M1. I can't imagine the M1 being a factor. You could spend countless hours trying to find why with all the mods you've done to MacOS security settings. I would just walk away since the problem has been worked around, but that's just me.

I would like to learn what is the cause here and how to fix it - it may affect me on other sites too.

But everything I tried did not work ... I have no more idea.

But ... that may have been a point in evaluating Live ... I am leaning more and more towards Bitwig.

• I tried the same on an iPad and at first, any and all buttons are blue - but this only get's you to a second page, were you need to login.

After login, everythings works OK - even with all content blockers and Extensions enabled ...

So it really is a problem of Safari on my Mac.

• I logged out of the Ableton account in Safari on Mac, did login again - and everythings works!

Including all content blockers and Extensions.

Thanks for you help ... and sorry :smiley:

• @wim said:

@Gratouilli said:

I've never paid a dime for Live and I see some of them available.

That's a good news πŸ‘πŸ»
    The Recordind Hybrid drumkit seems interesting.

• Oh, both Bitwig and Ableton are german companies and both sit in Berlin.

Interesting.

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@tja said:
    Oh, both Bitwig and Ableton are german companies and both sit in Berlin.

Interesting.

I think I remember reading something about Bitwig being started by ex Ableton developers. I could be wrong on that.

If so, it must be a bit awkward at the local beer garden at times. ;)

• @wim said:

@tja said:
    Oh, both Bitwig and Ableton are german companies and both sit in Berlin.

Interesting.

I think I remember reading something about Bitwig being started by ex Ableton developers. I could be wrong on that.

If so, it must be a bit awkward at the local beer garden at times. ;)

Yes :-D :-D :-D