Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WorldScales (v.1.0.4) is on the Bus !!

Hi,
A great app to include beautiful oriental atmosphere in our compositions.

Today with integration of Audiobus, WorlScales (from Kelfar Technologies) is a Top App.
A unique App for sounds and flavours from "elsewhere" that will enrich every time your compositions.

I was afraid that this app was abandoned. It was long, very long for an update... Today is a beautiful day!
Thank you to developper !! :-D

Look for videos on YouTube and don't forget the great review from Doug @thesoundtestroom (in march 2014):

Comments

• Sweet. This one looked very interesting when I saw Doug's video. I had never even heard of it before his demo.

• I've had it for ages, well worth having if you like ethnic tunings.

• Oh Doug @soundtestroom ! I just wanted to provide the link to your excellent review, I did not know that your video would be displayed directly here (the first time I do that!)
    I hope you do not see any problem with ... ;-)

yes @seangarland, a little-known app, but a real gem :)

yes @PaulB, very very very excellent !

• edited June 2014

@PaulB said:

I've had it for ages, well worth having if you like ethnic tunings.

I was just thinking it would be nice to use if I wanted to create an "out of tune" piano, for some creepy sounds. Is this possible? Just have a "standard" tuned piano, and maybe then just detune one or two keys slightly?

• Absolutely. It comes with a grand piano sound and you can retune notes how you like. You can also add overtones.

• @PaulB said:

Absolutely. It comes with a grand piano sound and you can retune notes how you like. You can also add overtones.

Fantastic. I will be making some ugly music shortly. Thanks for the confirmation.

• edited June 2014

I thought you meant 'bad' as in 'good'...

Definitely out of tune...

• I love this app because of the realism of its samples. Especially the ethnic instruments. These guys know how to sample stuff. Some of its sounds have found their way into my new album. If you love "exotic" scales and microtones and all that, just buy it.

• @Flo26 said:

What a bad video!!!!! Kidding,kidding guys!!!

I actually spit a little coffee laughing.

• @Flo26 said:

What a bad video!!!!! Kidding,kidding guys!!!

Now that did make smile alot, thanks Flo

On the addition of World Scales it is fantastic news

• Is anyone having any success using Virtual midi with this app? I'm using Chordion and I see it in the app but I'm not getting any sound, any thoughts?

• edited June 2014

@RJB

Did you turn on the 'MIDI In' switch in WorldScales via the wrench tool icon? I got it working with ThumbJam.

• @firejan82 I did, I tried the midi settings in every possible combination.

• @RJB

I tried Chordion now and it's controlling WorldScales when I chose Chordion Virtual Out MIDI ports but it doesn't sound quite right and I have no clue what's causing that, I'm no MIDI expert, it's probably something obvious.

• Left them a nice review on the App Store.

• Something is definitely not right over there. It appears to work fine for the first several notes sent in via virtual midi, but eventually all notes get a staccato truncation. Switching back to the app shows that all the notes that were played are stuck in a pink state on the built-in keyboard and don't work there either.

ThumbJam was the source in this case, and my current theory is that World Scales does not properly interpret a NoteOn with velocity of 0 as a NoteOff (which is a standard convention). It doesn't seem to have issues with external midi controllers which send actual noteoffs. I'll let the developer know.

• Thanks Jesse, you're the hero this board needs!

• I wanted to try strumming the pro guitar using Guitarism. The only way I could get it to work was by putting Thumbjam in the middle, and using midi through. Then it seemed to be fine. Couldn't get it it work without Thumbjam in the middle. Also couldn't get anything using Orphion, iFretless or Xynthesizr neither.

• I couldn't get it working with other apps either, even though WS shows up in all the other apps as a destination. Very strange, I can't explain that one, but I did notify the dev.

• It does seem to work fine with Thumbjam in the middle though. I couldn't even get it to work with Midibridge. Thumbjam must have some special midi thing going on...

• edited June 2014

It appears to work fine with SoundPrism and also with Chordion, but only if the latter is sending to its own virtual midi output. That leads me to believe that WS's own virtual midi port is actually ignored internally, and it is actually just promiscuously listening to all other apps' virtual midi outputs. I verified this by messing with TJ's and Chordion's midi config.

• Having fun controlling it using iFretless guitar through Thumbjam, but you can't have the midi bend on, that cuts the notes.

• Aha, that's it! Pitch bend messages cause the note cutting! That explains why the other apps don't have issues when TJ does... I was sending bends. More messages to the dev....