Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[advice] what's a rock solid lightweight app for recording in AudioBus? I'm tired of Auria crashing.

I'm thinking of using AudioShare, and then exporting the recording into Auria.

Is there something better?

Comments

• I've been using multitrack DAW for like 4 years. It's pretty simple and effective.

• Yep, MT Daw is a great bare bones, easy to use recorder. Universal too.

• Loopy HD may be an option. You can paste in a click track, or backing track. Then just fill up the loops with as many takes as you need. Just mute each recording as you go to the next take.

• Also, this may be fodder for a main thread, but I am having a hard time understanding the value of audiocopy vs. the value of audioshare.

• +1 MTD. Stable and light, very reliable for recording. Though the editing could be clumsy.
    And the Wifi transfer is pretty cool. You can easily export every track from any project to your computer as a single file.

• Audiocopy: one file at a time, just a pasteboard. AudioShare: file management, web browser, sample playback and basic editing, IAA host, AudioBus player In and Out, other Apps can ask it for files. As well as (of course) being able to play with other pasteboards. An essential hub for us.

• Audiocopy: Maybe more than one buffer, but no other functionality I know of.

• Beatmaker 2 - very stable.

• MT Daw - and then you can copy and paste into Auria once you are happy with the take.

• edited June 2014

MT Daw is quick and easy. BM2 has many more editing options + midi + samplers + chop lab etc. Each is very stable and a steal for $10 US. BM2 to Auria has been my workflow for a long while now, works great on an outdated device

• AudioShare is the simplest.

MT DAW if you need to hear your other tracks.

Nice benefit of the Loopy method is that if you do largely loop or fixed/repeatable segment style songwriting, you can save a lot of drive space. Of course, you can do that with MTDAW and BM2 but in Loopy you know that when you export to Auria you're going to have perfect length repeatable loops without editing. Plus, looping/copy in MTDaw is... unpleasant.

• syrupcore wrote:
    AudioShare is the simplest.

Nice benefit of the Loopy method is that if you do largely loop or fixed/repeatable segment style songwriting, you can save a lot of drive space. Of course, you can do that with MTDAW and BM2 but in Loopy you know that when you export to Auria you're going to have perfect length repeatable loops without editing. Plus, looping/copy in MTDaw is... unpleasant.

Thnx syrupcore!! I didnt know about the perfect loops! Is it easy to export all the loops to Auria or do you have to do one track at a time?

Ahh wait, I just remembered ifunbox might be the solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Track at a time, sadly.

I want to start a Kickstarter campaign to fund @michael to work with @rim for an 'export to Auria' option. Sends all 6-12 loops over to Auria and Auria pleasantly asks "How long would you like this too loop for?". Then it automatically loops all of them out to 3 minutes or whatever and then you could immediately start carving away. :) A fella can dream.

Loopy already has a bundled format. Think it's just a zip with the wave files and an XML or plist file pointing at the wave files and a bit of meta data like track volume/pan. It really just needs an 'open in' and for a receiving app like Auria/BM/Whatevs to know how to unzip and understand it.