Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TikTok is Ruining YouTube

Comments

• I spend a lot of energy curating my feeds and behavior to try to impact the algorithms to show me the videos I want. It definitely helps to send negative feedback on videos you don’t want to watch.

• @wim said:

@HotStrange said:
    Sorry, but if you think all modern pop is simple garbage, you just haven’t found the right stuff yet. There is some fantastic pop music being made right now.

No way. It peaked with the Spice Girls and has been all downhill ever since. :D
    (ignored the rest of your post. tldr; )

:lol:

• @db909 said:
    You don’t see any NEW cathedrals going up.

Of course not, because we no longer seriously believe that we need to make gods like us or advertise their glory. 🤷 Instead, we build the Petronas twin towers and the Burj Khalifa, which are more amazing feats of engineering than any cathedral ever built. (I prefer cathedrals BTW but still)

@michael_m said:
    I would guess that Tik Tok has an audience younger than many social media channels, but I’ll stand corrected if data shows that to be wrong

And you'd be correct. I think you're making my case, in fact. Facebook is a geriatric club these days, ABF is not that far behind 👌, twitter is dad central, Tik Tok is where it's at now but you can be sure it will also be laughed at by the next generation. Seems to be the rule, really.

• edited February 2022

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@krassmann said:
    What really worries me about this development is that I hear from more and more teachers that they find the young generation of students to be less and less able to focus on a longer text, video, lesson etc. ADHS figures sky rocketing. Also my own kids (22 and 15) are frustrated much earlier than I am if they can‘t figure out something. But to go deep into something you need to spend time and deal with a steep learning curve. You cannot master a DAW by watching a 5 min video. Modern pop music became more and more simple. Take any song of The Beatles or ABBA and you have complex chord progressions and key changes. Rick Beato complained about that on YT.

Are we getting more dumb? The peak of western civilization behind us? Has social media and endless scrolling ruined our ability to go deep into things? That is actually the question. TikTok being just another symptom of that. Look at this forum… mostly old farts like me. Manual readers, LOL. Because we are still used to long reading and writing?

I used to worry that hotshot kids would be swooping in for my job and kick my ass. Thanks Vine, Instagram, Twitter and Tik Tok!

Sorry, but if you think all modern pop is simple garbage, you just haven’t found the right stuff yet. There is some fantastic pop music being made right now.

Sorry, but I never said anything about modern pop being simple garbage.

• @ervin said:
    Facebook is a geriatric club these days, ABF is not that far behind 👌, twitter is dad central, Tik Tok is where it's at now but you can be sure it will also be laughed at by the next generation. Seems to be the rule, really.

That seems pretty accurate.

• @AudioGus said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@krassmann said:
    What really worries me about this development is that I hear from more and more teachers that they find the young generation of students to be less and less able to focus on a longer text, video, lesson etc. ADHS figures sky rocketing. Also my own kids (22 and 15) are frustrated much earlier than I am if they can‘t figure out something. But to go deep into something you need to spend time and deal with a steep learning curve. You cannot master a DAW by watching a 5 min video. Modern pop music became more and more simple. Take any song of The Beatles or ABBA and you have complex chord progressions and key changes. Rick Beato complained about that on YT.

Are we getting more dumb? The peak of western civilization behind us? Has social media and endless scrolling ruined our ability to go deep into things? That is actually the question. TikTok being just another symptom of that. Look at this forum… mostly old farts like me. Manual readers, LOL. Because we are still used to long reading and writing?

I used to worry that hotshot kids would be swooping in for my job and kick my ass. Thanks Vine, Instagram, Twitter and Tik Tok!

I was replying to a comment that was linked to yours by quoting.

• @wim said:

@HotStrange said:

No way. It peaked with the Spice Girls and has been all downhill ever since. :D
    (ignored the rest of your post. tldr; )

That was basically me entire post lol it was just one more sentence.

• edited February 2022

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@krassmann said:

nah man, you wuz replyin ta me man...

• BTW, the Dark Mode of the Audiobus forum is a really cool feature.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    BTW, the Dark Mode of the Audiobus forum is a really cool feature.

Dark mode for ipad, bright mode for work computer.

• @ervin said:
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but disliking any new type of social media is (in all cases, no exception) first and foremost a case of "I'm getting old". Including my dislikes in this area as well. 🤷

@krassmann said:
    Are we getting more dumb? The peak of western civilization behind us? Has social media and endless scrolling ruined our ability to go deep into things?

Every single comment of "things are going in the wrong direction" can be paired up with a similar comment going back to ancient Rome or Greece. And we have achieved a few things since then. So the good news is no, as a species we're not getting dumber. 👌

Kids using this app or other apps where the data is collected and held by an unknown entity could potentially be used against them at some point in the future. Said another way, kids do stupid stuff without regard to consequences, so parents should be the ones monitoring their use of said apps.

• When I tell someone I’ve never used Tiktok, it feels similar to telling someone that I’ve never tried cocaine, despite having many opportunities in my youth and close circle. 😂

• @NeuM said:

@ervin said:
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but disliking any new type of social media is (in all cases, no exception) first and foremost a case of "I'm getting old". Including my dislikes in this area as well. 🤷

@krassmann said:
    Are we getting more dumb? The peak of western civilization behind us? Has social media and endless scrolling ruined our ability to go deep into things?

Every single comment of "things are going in the wrong direction" can be paired up with a similar comment going back to ancient Rome or Greece. And we have achieved a few things since then. So the good news is no, as a species we're not getting dumber. 👌

Kids using this app or other apps where the data is collected and held by an unknown entity could potentially be used against them at some point in the future. Said another way, kids do stupid stuff without regard to consequences, so parents should be the ones monitoring their use of said apps.

Yep! There is probably thousands of similar cases, but here in Montreal, a young man with a lot of potential was a promising candidate in politic....Until a "friend" posted a photo of him. The picture was posted on social media when he was younger (and stupid). I will spare you the details, but the man looked very stupid on it. End of career right away. Live and learn.

I prefer a man who makes small mistakes and apologize than a man who looks perfect, but that just me I guess.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    When I tell someone I’ve never used Tiktok, it feels similar to telling someone that I’ve never tried cocaine, despite having many opportunities in my youth and close circle. 😂

For me it feels more like telling people I’ve never deliberately poked myself in the eye with a sharp stick.

• @Montreal_Music : dark mode? How do you turn it on?

• @db909 said:

@ervin said:

@krassmann said:

Yeah I don’t disagree with this assessment totally. But also if you bring up Rome or Greece, we straight up don’t build architecture like that anymore. And if you say it’s because it’s too expensive today then I say the people of the past must have been more economically advanced. […]

Well or did we rather put limits to individual grandeur, exploitation and slavery? Our economy has put a supercomputer into the pocket of each individual, healthcare they could only dream of, social welfare (well at least in some countries, cough cough) etc etc. that the roman average joe has never seen.

• edited February 2022

@Svetlovska said:
    @Montreal_Music : dark mode? How do you turn it on?

Scroll till the bottom of a page and you’ll find it in the middle. If you are not a TikTok youngster, your attention span will allow you to do it without stopping your scrolling half the way to the bottom

• @AudioGus said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@HotStrange said:

@AudioGus said:

@krassmann said:

nah man, you wuz replyin ta me man...

I mean yeah on accident, but I was actually trying to reply to the comment you quoted yourself.

• @NeuM said:

@ervin said:

@krassmann said:

Tik Tok is Chinese, right? Collecting video of kids behaving badly should pay off for them in geopolitics in a few years. “So, Senator Cadyn, will you be voting to legalize dog food made of toxic landfill, or will we be rereleasing this old video of you hitting the beer bong while wearing a sombrero and doing a Speedy Gonzales accent?”

• @LostInFoundation said:

@Svetlovska said:
    @Montreal_Music : dark mode? How do you turn it on?

Scroll till the bottom of a page and you’ll find it in the middle. If you are not a TikTok youngster, your attention span will allow you to do it without stopping your scrolling half the way to the bottom

Hey you got that all wrong, scrolling down all day is our only expertise!

• edited January 2023

For me, TikTok and YouTube are very different, because the algorithms that work in TikTok do not work for YouTube, and vice versa. In TikTok, I post entertaining content with which I attract a large number of audiences. Whereas my YouTube channel has a lot of informational content through which I sell my infoproduct. Without a TikTok account and additional services such as "buy TikTok subscribers cheap". I wouldn't be able to promote my YouTube channel. But, the algorithms of TikTok and YouTube video shorts are very similar, at least for me.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@NeuM said:

@ervin said:

@krassmann said:

Tik Tok is Chinese, right? Collecting video of kids behaving badly should pay off for them in geopolitics in a few years. “So, Senator Cadyn, will you be voting to legalize dog food made of toxic landfill, or will we be rereleasing this old video of you hitting the beer bong while wearing a sombrero and doing a Speedy Gonzales accent?”

:lol:

• @tja said:

@michael_m said:
    Not sure I get the appeal of Tik Tok - it’s like a head on collision of stupidity and mediocre talent.

TikTok has great content and can be quite addictive.
    That should not be overlooked.

It also adjusts quite fast to things you currently like to watch, up to the point where you mostly see exactly what you were looking for.

I had several phases with totally different content (dancing girls, singer, songwriter, crypto currencies, encryption, security, politics and lastly corona).

Also, I collected many many websites, Twitter and YouTube channels from watching TikTok creators who happen to have much more and longer content at other providers - it's just another channel.

I stopped watching because it was so addictive - I most too much sleep in the night.

But yes, those very short videos just don't belong to YouTube 😅

The concept of Youtube is from 2005 and this is pre smartphone era, since then nothing basically changed in the idea: Youtube is a dinosaur
    The way we live in now makes the Tiktok entertaining just perfect

• C'mon... Tik tok is for short form content which is not always the most appropriate form. Now YouTube has shorts. It has evolved. A bit too slowly, yes, and the whole YouTube Studio experience really feels like it needs a proper mobile version. But still....

• Is Tik Tok gonna ruined Netflix and movie in general?

All the kids I see are watching Netflix with their phone in their hands.

I'm 40 and I feel 70.

• TiK tok… it’s a time bomb folks. Wake up and smell the coffee.

• I’m sure YT isn’t innocent. What did Youtube ruin? And what got ruined before that?

• @ervin said:
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but disliking any new type of social media is (in all cases, no exception) first and foremost a case of "I'm getting old".

Ageist.

It is not a matter of getting old. Blindly embracing everything "new" can get you into trouble.

Just because something is "new", "modern" and "in" doesn't make it good.

You can be old or young and not like a new type of social media simply because it is not good.

• @Simon said:

@ervin said:
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but disliking any new type of social media is (in all cases, no exception) first and foremost a case of "I'm getting old".

Ageist.

It is not a matter of getting old. Blindly embracing everything "new" can get you into trouble.

Just because something is "new", "modern" and "in" doesn't make it good.

You can be old or young and not like a new type of social media simply because it is not good.

Cutting my last sentence and the emoji from the quote, which made it clear it was an ironic comment and would have pre-empted your "ageist" retort shows real class.👍 Thank you for engaging.