Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arpeggiators are stuck on 1 note ... for all my apps! [SOLVED]

edited February 2022 in Support and Feedback

In multiple apps (GarageBand, Rozeta, Groovebox at a minimum), when I enable an arpeggiator, it will play however many notes are selected ... but as the tonic only! It will just repeat the first note of the chord multiple times. If I enable multiple octaves, then it bounces between the octaves, but it never plays any other note of a chord! It's the weirdest thing to me that I get the same result in multiple apps.

It suggests to me that maybe there's some shared OS arpeggiator component that got wonky somehow. Can anybody give me any idea how to fix this? I've tried rebooting my phone ... I've tried googling various things but can't find anyone with a similar problem ... should I start with Apple support and try to get them to fix my GarageBand and assume that will fix everything? Any better ideas? Can you think of something stupid I might be doing?

Thanks,
Patrick

Comments

• edited February 2022

Very odd that it’s across multiple apps like that. Have you tried the apps both in a host and in standalone. Are you using all these apps inside one host, GarageBand, if so maybe that’s the issue, hard to say

Which iOS version are you on..? This can cause random issues.

Normally if one app is not working and a restart doesn’t help, I would say, back up presets, delete and reinstall the app but since it sounds like it’s multiple apps, I’m not sure what to say. I’ve never heard of, or seen this behavior before. Maybe someone else can chime in or help….

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Very odd that it’s across multiple apps like that. Have you tried the apps both in a host and in standalone. Are you using all these apps inside one host, GarageBand, if so maybe that’s the issue, hard to say

Agreed.
    I haven’t heard of this either.

What are you using to play in the notes?
    Are you using a third party app as a midi keyboard for instance?
    Are you using an external midi controller with your phone?
    Have you checked the iphone screen itself?
    Maybe it’s not responding properly.

Poppadocrock’s suggestion of backing up and then deleting and reinstalling
    your apps maybe a way forward but that would the last thing to do.

Here’s something to try.
    Do you have Streambyter or a midi monitor to check what’s going with the midi itself?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/streambyter/id1398712641

and here’s Midi Wrench

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/midi-wrench/id589243566

• Wow. Thanks so much! I'll try those midi tools. Will also try to recreate the last setup that worked a few weeks ago ...

iPhone 13 Pro
    We'll see ...

• Tried to upload the video, but that didn't work ... I'll try that another one soon

• OK, I was on crack. It's working. I'm too embarrassed to say what it was at the moment, but I'll come back later and post my stupidity for the next poor sap who googles for this.

Thanks again - this was my first post because I was so oddly stuck ... at least I was delighted to get help from such generous people!

Cheers,
    Patrick

• @unsquish said:
    OK, I was on crack. It's working. I'm too embarrassed to say what it was at the moment, but I'll come back later and post my stupidity for the next poor sap who googles for this.

Thanks again - this was my first post because I was so oddly stuck ... at least I was delighted to get help from such generous people!

Cheers,
    Patrick

You could maybe add Solved to the thread title so we know it's not some weird problem.

• @unsquish said:
    OK, I was on crack.

Lololol

This had me cracking up with laughter.
    We say “cracking up” here in London.

It's working. I'm too embarrassed to say what it was at the moment, but I'll come back later and post my stupidity for the next poor sap who googles for this.

Good to hear that it’s working properly now.

Cheers,
    Patrick

No worries.

• Ah, good idea @uncledave ... I will definitely do that next time. Thanks!

• Hi

I'm the next poor sap who googles for this. I have an external keyboard. The garageband arpeggiator works on the ipad screen, but not when I use my midi keyboard. Could someone please tell me the fix? Thanks! Bob