Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free MultiFX MobMuPlat patch

Hey guys, wanted to share my second thing in MobMuPlat. It's a multi fx processor built from some stuff I found online, and some stuff I made. Cutoff filter->BitCrusher->TapeDelay. Everything has midi on channel 1, here is how it's mapped:

cc# 31 = filter mix

cc# 32 = filter

cc# 33 = resonance (sort of)

cc# 34 = bit crush mix

cc# 35 = bits

cc# 36 = delay time

cc# 37 = feedback

cc# 38 = delay mix

cc# 39 = toggle switch

When you first load it up, you may not get sound passing through audiobus until you twiddle some knobs. Anywho, enjoy!

Download zip here (you can use open in for mobmuplat)

Comments

• Awesome! Well done!

• Love your artwork.
    Your choice of colours and images, work really well together.
    I've also noticed that your patchwork is really tidy. when I get around to tidying up my stuff I might share, if any ones interested.
    My first two patches are monophonic synths.

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/4007/mobmuplat-pd-music-app-design-for-non-devs#Item_37

• Thanks! Yeah, those two videos you posted are what originally caught my interested to start playing with MobMuPlat, now I'm addicted. You should definitely share, tidy or not. I'm still really new to pd so I'm always checking out new patches and trying to figure out how they work. The one thing I feel could be improved in this amazing app is the editor. I really wish there was some kind of snapping or grid to work off. Also, to be able to load background images without having to use a panel would be great, and the ability to resize the window or zoom would be infinitely helpful. It's been a bit difficult to make a ipad interface on a macbook when it takes up the entire screen. But yeah, this is super fun to play around with! I'm surprised we haven't seen a flood of new mobmuplat patches here on the forum.

• Ginger Bread MobMuPlat pd patch

This is another port of a Martin Brinkmann pd patch that I ported into MobuMuPlat. You can download the patch using "open in" for MobMuPlat and check out the original patch and more of Martin's work here.

• Well done @Paulinko that's a very interesting patch.

It's a good idea of yours to adapt Martin Brinkmann's PD patch's, for use with MobMuPlat.
    You can learn quite a lot, from examining other peoples patches. I find the best way to learn how to use the MobMuPlat objects, is to find an appropriate tutorial patch and dissect it, until you find the part you need, to make it work in your patch.

• Thank you, I'm sure my programming in pd to do the port was a real hack job. It will take me a while to get the hang of it as right now I'm sure it resembles more of a Rube Goldberg device than an efficient patch. Will try to add midi and osc controls to the patch.

• Just made a new one. I created it for some extra noise in my live set. Midi controls are 80-87 (left to right) on channel 1.

Download Here

• Good stuff @otem_rellik you really are on a mission and I'm glad to see it.

I'm totally addicted to this, as well. I still can't believe, that it's now possible to think of an audio and midi project. Then just design an engine and GUI, put them into your Ipad or IPhone and have them work with your other apps.

My first two synths received midi in omni mode, now I've just designed a midi channel selector patch that's working.
    Both synths were ignoring velocity messages but I've now patched that in as well, tested and it's working.

I've now completed my first polyphonic test patch and limited the polyphony to four notes for now
    I could make it a hundred and four notes but that would be overkill and patch designers need to take things into consideration, like CPU drain and memory usage especially if you want to use your patch with other apps on the same device, at the same time.

I think my next areas of exploration, will be to design a preset patch, a Midi learn patch and then a Animoog style wave morphing patch.

Thanks to you otem_rellik I've learned how to tidy up my patches.
    Love to know what your going to make next.

• Rad! Looking forward to your patches @Multitouch! Think you could share (even just a pm)? I'm interested in seeing how you did some of the stuff in your videos. I haven't yet messed with midi clock stuff, but would like to in my future patches and it looks like you have that locked down.

I'm currently working on my first poly synth as well. It's got some nice effects including this tape delay that uses a metro and random to select different delay times and sounds a bit like the artifact delay in turnado. I think I'll do some video demos of all the stuff I've made so far once I finish this poly patch.

• OK @otem_relik I've tidied up my first MobMuPlat patch couldn't share before that, would be like inviting someone round and the place is a mess.

Also I think you've over estimated my talents. I've only just started to use PD and I'm still very much a novice, as you'll, see when you have a look at the patch.
    I would love to do a midi clock patch but it won't be for now.
    All the midi syncing in my videos were with Genome midi sequencer as master clock and the other two drum apps were slaving to it and the synth was just receiving midi note info.

My First patch is a monophonic fm synth, with no onboard keyboard, so you have to send it midi from another app or controller. The synth defaults to midi channel 1 but you can choose whatever channels you like.

This still needs a lot of work, but learning other aspects of patching with PD, take priority. Everyone is welcome to change it in any way they like, would be nice to see a modified version.

As usual, you can use (open in MobMuPlat)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s6515ik365infu/SM1.zip

• Nice, thanks @multitouch! I'm going to check it out tonight. I'm just about done with my poly synth (which I'll post up here), and I might try to shoot some videos of all the patches I've made so far.

• Ok, now my summer is ruined, I'll start learning puredata !! Hope by September I'll make a simple volume control!