Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WALDORF NAVE APP: FIRST IMPRESSIONS AND A FREE DOWNLOAD . . .

Some of you know me from my popular ambient presets created for Sunrizer and Audiokit Digital D1 app.

I ADORE THIS APP. SO EASY TO USE AND SIMPLE TO IMMEDIATELY CREATE GREAT AMBIENT PRESETS. GUI IS FUN, UNIQUE AND REALLY LIKE NO OTHER APP I HAVE EVER DIDDLED WITH BEFORE. I LOVE THE ADJUSTABLE GRAPHIC IMAGE INTERFACE. TWO THUMBS UP FOR WALDORF ON THIS ONE. I AM GLAD NOW I JUST BOUGHT THEIR BLOFELD SYNTH LAST MONTH -- AFTER SEEING WHAT THIS LITTLE APP CAN DO.

**YES -- I AM SHOUTING. **

EXCITED SYNTH ADDICT HERE . . . JUST BOUGHT A MODAL ELECTRONICS ARGON8 AND A KORG WAVESTATE DUE TO ARRIVE THIS WEEK!

Yes, I just installed Waldorf's Nave app and am having a blast! Here's an example of mixing just 4 of my presets in Cubase. I have about 8 or 10 to date. (...just the tip of a future iceberg...).

Get your free download(s) here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/avz49gj1mmv98/WALDORF_NAVE_KNOB_TWIDDLINGS

SourceCodeX

Comments

• Another D1 sound architect here 😎

Thanks for the sound sphere!
    And let me tell you: The Wavestate is a beast. Now that you have proper editor and a sample mapping software for Win/Mac, programming has become quite fun. Out of WS, OPSIX and ModWave, it's the most exciting synth IMHO.
    Great collection of factory samples and a wave sequencer that is almost a music creation tool on its own, and if that wasn't enough, huge on-board sample flash on top.

Dan Phillips has invested a lot of love and dedication to make it an outstanding synth.

• What year is it? Are we talking about nave from like 8 years ago? One of my favorite synths but haven’t opened it in ages. Too bad it’s not au, but such great sounds, and the ability to create wavetables from samples is a great feature (revolutionary at time for ios).
    Anyway, happy for you, and thanks for the presets, I’ll be sure to check them, once I reinstall it.

• @pedro No presets here, just an audio demo.
    Indeed, creating wavetables on iOS is still a niche for developers to explore 😉

• @rs2000 I didn’t click the link yet, as I’m on my phone, sorry for the mistake.
    I know drambo also creates wavetables but I think nave didn’t just cut the samples in chunks, there was some kind of magic going on that preserved the timbral characteristics, like if you use a vocal sample you could still kinda recognize the vocals, almost like a vocoder.
    I could be mistaken or missing something, since it’s been a long while.

• edited February 2022

Oh but nave has a text to speech feature, I seem to recall, so probably I’m mixing up the two

• Sure it’s a pity it isn’t AU but Nave is still one of my favourite synths on iOS. I own the all four of the Waldorf synths on the desktop too (Nave, Largo, Lector and PPG 3.V. Nave is easily the one that I use most often.

• Hey guys -- good to read your comments. I am a total newbie to synth apps overall but I love them. Nave just really surprised me this week as to how quickly with ADSR adjustments and other tricks -- I had some lovely pads happening.

And yes the download is simply 4 Nave presets I created and then mixed and mastered in Cubase as I recorded them on the fly with no planning but a simple regimen in use -- was great fun.

http://www.sourcecodex.com/

• Nave is a masterpiece of an app and one of my most used, regardless of being “only” IAA. It’s one of those rare apps that feel and sound just as good as any desktop plugin. I owned a Blofeld for a long while and honestly might prefer Nave.

• Created a few ambient presets for Nave synth app. I will create more soon. Enjoy these here:
    https://mediafire.com/folder/qn62wr6w4jdoa/Nave_presets

SourceCodeX 😎👍🎼🎹

• Nice presets, thank you!

• :) > @lasselu said:

Nice presets, thank you!

• edited February 2022

@lasselu said:
    Nice presets, thank you!

Merely manipulation of ADSR other FX and selection of certain Nave mods inherent to the app and of course getting to sound just right to my very particular ambient tastes.

FYI: If you are into ambient music. You can order CDs from one of the best ambient musicians on earth; Steve Roach at https://steveroach.com and specify the item to be signed by him during checkout and he does so. Now that is too cool for school. Just received 2 today both signed.😎👍🎼🎹

• Has anyone gotten this synth to respond to external pitch bend?

• @IamSourceCodeX said:
    Created a few ambient presets for Nave synth app. I will create more soon. Enjoy these here:
    https://mediafire.com/folder/qn62wr6w4jdoa/Nave_presets

SourceCodeX 😎👍🎼🎹

Thank u. Can’t load them. Any tips?

• I’m having trouble too. The file gets a .txt extension (because it’s not zipped?) and I think this may be the cause.

I’m using @seonnthaproducer ’s short cut as well but no dice. Yet.

• HMMM... LET ME TAKE A LOOK AND GET BACK TO YOU GUYS.

• LET ME KNOW IF THAT WORKS. B)

• I didn’t think the Nave app was going to be further supported? Is it?

• Nope. Not working. Sorry.

• Me either…

• I believe it’s also possible to transfer presets from the Nave app into the Iridium hardware. 😃

• Worked for me, just shared the file with Nave. Nave had to be open first though...

• Well crafted presets. Thanks a heap!

• MORE PRESETS ON THE WAY . . . I WILL PROBABLY CREATE 50 TO 80 OF THEM. THESE WERE ONLY A TASTE...

• Here’s a long winded workaround for those still having issues. I’m sure there’s an easier way but it works for me on iOS 14.

Download file from server
    Navigate to FILES / Downloads
    Long press the .navebank file and select [compress]
    Share the newly created .zip file with AudioShare
    Unzip the file in AudioShare which exposes the .txt extension
    Long press the file and select [rename]
    Uncheck the [keep extension] checkbox and remove “.txt” after the .navebank extension
    Long press the renamed .navebank file, select [Export/Share] > NAVE

Enjoy the wonderful patches:)

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Has anyone gotten this synth to respond to external pitch bend?

Plug and play for me with all my hardware controllers.

• @onkey said:
    Here’s a long winded workaround for those still having issues. I’m sure there’s an easier way but it works for me on iOS 14.

Download file from server
    Navigate to FILES / Downloads
    Long press the .navebank file and select [compress]
    Share the newly created .zip file with AudioShare
    Unzip the file in AudioShare which exposes the .txt extension
    Long press the file and select [rename]
    Uncheck the [keep extension] checkbox and remove “.txt” after the .navebank extension
    Long press the renamed .navebank file, select [Export/Share] > NAVE

Enjoy the wonderful patches:)

Still won’t work for me (iOS 15.2)

• Well after doing a hard reset, closing all apps opening only Nave and AudioShare, I moved the original patched from the files folder yet again, and (following @onkey’s instructions) finally got it to work.

The patches were definitely worth the effort @IamSourceCodeX. Thank you!

• @SNystrom said:
    Well after doing a hard reset, closing all apps opening only Nave and AudioShare, I moved the original patched from the files folder yet again, and (following @onkey’s instructions) finally got it to work.

The patches were definitely worth the effort @IamSourceCodeX. Thank you!

U R welcome! B)