Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

gauss not available as target

gauss is not showing up in the list of available targets.
i'd like to assign the pause button of gauss au to a button widget.
@brambos

Comments

• @rototom said:
    @brambos

How are your targeting it. It shows up for me as a target of adjust effect parameter.

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@rototom said:
    @brambos

It shows up here in Loopy Pro. Are you looking under Effect Actions > Adjust Effect Parameter > Target?

Please describe your setup in more detail. Maybe a screenshot or something?

• hold/release -> midi actions -> send midi message

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@rototom said:
    hold/release -> midi actions -> send midi message

You don't want a midi action for this. Check Effect Actions > Adjust Effect Parameter > Target.
    [edit] oh ... That doesn't appear for Hold / Release actions. Maybe you can use Press and Release separate actions though?

• If you must use hold/release then it's necessary to send the midi out of Loopy through Virtual MIDI Out, then back in. I'm not fluent in that workflow. @espiegel123 might be able to help.

• ok, i have that button widget i want to use as a remote for the pause button in gauss.
    and i want it to behave like "hold to play"
    how would i accomplish that?
    thanks for your help:)

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@rototom said:
    ok, i have that button widget i want to use as a remote for the pause button in gauss.

OK, After some fiddling around I figured it out:

Assign two actions for Press. The first to assign the FX Pause Trigger parameter to zero, the second to set it to full (1). Now tap the circle to the left of the second trigger and set a short delay (0.08 beats was enough for me).

Now do the same to Release.

I don't know why two triggers and a pause are required for each, but it works.

If you press and release too quickly it'll get stuck in the opposite mode. Another quick tap fixes it. I'm not sure why that's the case and what can be done about it.

I'll ask over on the Discord why FX parameter actions aren't available for Hold/Release.

• @wim said:

@rototom said:
    ok, i have that button widget i want to use as a remote for the pause button in gauss.

OK, After some fiddling around I figured it out:

Assign two actions for Press. The first to assign the FX Pause Trigger parameter to zero, the second to set it to full (1). Now tap the circle to the left of the second trigger and set a short delay (0.08 beats was enough for me).

Now do the same to Release.

I don't know why two triggers and a pause are required for each, but it works.

If you press and release too quickly it'll get stuck in the opposite mode. Another quick tap fixes it. I'm not sure why that's the case and what can be done about it.

I'll ask over on the Discord why FX parameter actions aren't available for Hold/Release.

Gauss's toggle need an on/off pair to know the switch was hit. This is because Gauss receives a stream of values. Bram explained this when he added the toggle. Think of ot as responding to the on/off footswitches send when they are tapped.

• thanks @wim @espiegel123
    i got it working now! :)
    (and learned somethings about actions)
    strange there are no fx parameter action for hold/release

it would be soo nice...
    if loopy pro loops would have the inertia and wobble and tapespeed features like gauss

• @rototom said:
    it would be soo nice...
    if loopy pro loops would have the inertia and wobble and tapespeed features like gauss

I am hopeful (eternal optimist, me!) that tape-style speed/pitch changing will be in one of the next couple of updates, along with reverse playback and a feedback control for overdubbing.

• @celtic_elk said:

@rototom said:
    it would be soo nice...

I am hopeful (eternal optimist, me!) that tape-style speed/pitch changing will be in one of the next couple of updates, along with reverse playback and a feedback control for overdubbing.

…but it is not this day. :D

• I thought the title of this thread was "Gauss not available at Target", and I kept thinking why would you buy a music app at Target.....?

• @celtic_elk said:

@celtic_elk said:

@rototom said:
    it would be soo nice...

so there are at least two of us hoping...
    i think we should inform @Michael :)

• @rototom said:

@celtic_elk said:

@celtic_elk said:

@rototom said:
    it would be soo nice...

so there are at least two of us hoping...
    i think we should inform @Michael :)

It’s on the development timeline already.

• @celtic_elk said:

@rototom said:
    it would be soo nice...

Yeah all those are on the list and relatively high priority

• @Michael said:

@celtic_elk said:

@rototom said:
    it would be soo nice...

Yeah all those are on the list and relatively high priority

Thanks! Looking forward to it. Hope you’re getting some sleep and kid time now that the release rush is past.