Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat Hawk

Is anyone still excited about beathawk?? I e-mailed uvi about a month ago and the guy said that YES, beathawk is still on its way. He said he was hoping for a before-summer release. the official day of summer is in five days so they better get crackin'. Does anyone else have any updates or comments or questions regarding THE BEATHAWK app??

Comments

• Yer i am looking forward to that one too. Seems it will be a good summer for drum/groove machine apps this year!

• Lol, true indeed!

• Hopefully, it will include not only AudioBus compatibilty, but good MIDI implementation. MIDI Clock sync is a must to slave to other AudioBus apps' tempo settings; like Cubasis.

• I've seen the video from naam , what is it thats so exciting about beathawk, I didn't see anything that stood out, if I missed it I'd like to know?

• It's sequencer options look awesome, that was the main draw for me.

• I know nothing about this app, but am linking the NAMM demo video below for reference:

• @kobamoto said:

I've seen the video from naam , what is it thats so exciting about beathawk, I didn't see anything that stood out, if I missed it I'd like to know?

Remember, this was announced before the iMPC Pro was announced. At that point, it had a lot of promise (still does). At this point though, it will have to introduce a lot to beat iMPC Pro. I really hope it does! Competition is good for us! :-)

• Bit early to make that claim...we have yet to see either in action :)

• True. I'm only commenting based upon released video....but there does "appear" to be much more offered by the iMPC Pro at this point. :-)

• well even at the time this vid came out I didn't think there was anything special going on I'm going to watch it again right now, maybe I was just dull that day :D

• i see, it's a little more interesting than I thought but....
    I think the best thing for them to do is price it far away from whatever god awful price retronyms is going to make impc pro

• What was special to me was that, out of all the groove boxes, drum machines, and DAWs, Beat Hawk looked like the closest in functionality to a MPC, like song mode and program edit. But now iMPC Pro is coming out soon and has a cleaner looking UI, sooooo....

• @Audiojunkie said:

True. I'm only commenting based upon released video....but there does "appear" to be much more offered by the iMPC Pro at this point. :-)

Perhaps they would benefit from a hawk-with-baseball-cap cartoon character.

• I think the biggest thing that separates this from iMpc Pro is the multisampled pitched instruments. looks like this will support playing back a sample from a keyboard (across the keys), something i really hope iMpc supports but haven't seem anything mentioned yet about it. iMpc should have the 16 levels > pitch function, but knowing the midi support is tailored for the element/fly is a bit worrying to say the least. This will be a major omission if im right about this (hope im not!).

• JP from Retronyms replied on twitter when I asked about playing a pad in poly mode using 16 levels. It appears it's possible. Although I'm not sure how it will be displayed in the timeline.

I loved the way JJOS on my MPC1000 allowed me to make multisampled instruments from one synth note.

• @alexbuga said:

JP from Retronyms replied on twitter when I asked about playing a pad in poly mode using 16 levels. It appears it's possible. Although I'm not sure how it will be displayed in the timeline.

I loved the way JJOS on my MPC1000 allowed me to make multisampled instruments from one synth note.

Sweet, good to know :)

• Are both Beathawk and Imp Pro capable of 24 bit or do they convert down to 16 bit like Beatmaker? Also wasnt beatmaker gonna come out with a BM3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• does beathawk or impc pro allow you to record mutes?

• I think iMPC pro will do that.

Also, Beathawk has a nice song mode. You have a pattern and you can create multiple instances of it but with different mutings.
    So you can build a song with 1 pattern.

• well it looks like they both give you more than maschines songmode lol