Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Analog Birds "Exit Visa" (Tons of iOS apps used)

Hello, iOS and AudioBus enthusiasts!

Brooklyn's Analog Birds have a brand-new mini-album out, "Anti-Presence." The album was recorded mainly in Logic, with an iConnectMidi2+ and iPad integrated as outboard gear. iOS apps were used alongside acoustic and electronic hardware instruments, outboard effects and Audiounit plugins.

Track 2, "Exit Visa," was recorded modularly (in the style of "Good Vibrations," each section recorded separately and then edited together). Here's the lyric video:

The entire record - which features many more iOS instruments and effects - is available at our website MOUNTVALLEY.NET.

http://analogbirds.bandcamp.com/album/anti-presence

iOS apps used in "Exit Visa" include:

Effects -

Kymatica's AUFX:DUB (Intro section) and AUFX:SPACE,
Holderness Media's EchoPad and Crystalline, and
Samvada, etc.

Instruments -

ThumbJam (the "mountain" sections were composed using TJ, and most of the string samples are from Thumbjam),
DrumJam,
Samplr,
GarageBand,
PPG MiniMapper,
Pixelwave,
Nave,
Magellan Organ, etc.

Other -

AudioShare,
AudioBus,
Cubasis...

Comments

• edited June 2014

Wow, nice work! Can we call this genre Wilson Prog?

• Wilson Prog! I love it. Thanks for the kind words, @syrupcore. "Exit Visa" is definitely the closest we've come to prog rock; the tune that follows it, "Over to You" is a bit of a course correction:

• You guys are super awesome! I really love Exit Visa. A gorgeous tune! You guys sound like what I want to sound like when I finally get talent... Be proud.

• Brilliant work, really original sound, great tracks, all of these pieces made me very happy

• edited June 2014

Enjoyed all the tracks, liking the late 60’s vibe, the harmonies and the song structures. I can sense a hint of one of my fave bands of all time, Jellyfish. Power pop at it’s finest. Back in ’94 the band I was in supported Jellyfish on one date in Birmingham (UK). Priceless.

It’s good to hear so many different genres of music utilising iOS apps on these forums. Thanks for posting.

• Post apocalyptic nuclear beach boys!

Awesome, thanks guys!

• @tgig I may have to nick that phrase for a bio! @noisehorse, thanks for the kind words - I'd love to hear some of your tracks.

@pangolin - thanks for the Jellyfish comparison. We are longtime fans of their work, and they've all gone on to do spectacular stuff since (especially Falkner and Manning with Beck... Wow). So cool that you got to open for them. Have you ever heard the story of Jellyfish attempting to write with Brian Wilson (pre-Wondermints)? http://www.youthquakemagazine.com/music_articles/jellyfish.htm

@thesoundtesrroom - Your YouTube channel has brought us countless hours of enjoyment (and helped to inform many of the app choices that influenced the album). I'm glad we could bring you a little bit of happiness in return!